I will be flying on SW airlines. I was planning on locking my M&P compact in a center-of-mass.com car safe. This seems fine since it is hard sided according to SW Air's rules. I thought I would just keep the magazine loaded but remove from the gun and place it in the safe too. However, it seems according to their rules (listed below) this isn't acceptable. This safe does not have a cutout as mentioned below. So what can I use that will fit in the small thing safe to store 10 rounds?
PS: picture of the car safe is attached for those not familiar with it.
* Small arms ammunition for personal use (provided it is properly packed) is permissible in checked baggage only.
* The ammunition may be placed in the same container as the firearm and must be securely packed in cardboard (fiber), wood, or metal boxes, or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.
* When checking ammunition, Customers are limited to 11 pounds gross weight (ammunition plus container) per person.
* Magazines or clips containing ammunition must be securely packaged (placed in another small box or in a secure cutout in the carrying case, in order to protect the primer of the ammunition).
* Make sure guns are unloaded and definitely never transport a gun in your carryon baggage!
* Gunpowder (black powder) and primers or percussion caps are not allowed in checked or carryon baggage.
* Loose ammunition or loose loaded magazines and/or clips are not allowed.