Pulled over tonight - Page 2

Pulled over tonight

This is a discussion on Pulled over tonight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry for the confusion....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled over tonight

Sorry for the confusion.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Good stop
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Originally posted by Alf87 As for the speed traps you talk about, all 50 cars your friend counted were breaking the law and got pulled over for it.
    I apologize for not being clear. If you are speeding and you get pulled over I have no problem W/ you being ticketed my point was that CSPD isn’t known for giving warnings and that in your case the officer acted in direct contradiction of known department policy.

Knowing that I ass u me d your badge got you out of the ticket

I don’t know you and have no reason to doubt your account so I’m left ass u me ing you found the one CSPD cop in town that wouldn’t ticket you.

Originally posted by Alf87 Treo, it was at the corner of Tejon and Platte.
    All four corners around Acaia parck are posted like that

I have been pulled over before with my CHL he asked me to step out and place my firearm in front seat. He ran my info came back said have a nice night and watch my speed.
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitocondriac View Post
    I have been pulled over before with my CHL he asked me to step out and place my firearm in front seat. He ran my info came back said have a nice night and watch my speed.
    ^^^My time is coming^^^^^^^

I've been driving for 33 years, 29 of them with a commercial drivers license, and have had "interactions" with LEO"S, many times, and they are always treated with all due respect by me.
    With my luck, I'll get the one officer in a million who will read me the riot act.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Alf87 View Post
    I'm positive its not revenue motivated but 100% safety motivated. You may not agree with me but I have ridden patrol and sat in on shift change, listened to the briefings and know what the exact motives are for hightening patrols in a given area. This is a fact but anyone can freely believe the motives are different.
    I'm sorry but if you believe it's truly about safety and not revenue, you're sadly mistaken. Sure they're breaking the law, doesn't mean it isn't a stupid law... There's tens of thousands of stupid gun laws on the books, what makes you think there aren't thousands of stupid traffic laws? What's the difference in the 75mph country roads in Montana VS the 50mph country roads here in Washington? None, it's BS used to generate revenue, simple as that.

Granted there's many times I wish I was a cop and could ticket people daily, but reasonable speeding and "california" stops is something I wouldn't waste my time with.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Like I said, people will believe what they will but I know differently from being involved with LE. I agree there are some stupid laws out there and we all are guilty of breaking a few of them however, we need to take responsibility for breaking those laws when pulled over and not blame the city or county that it's a plot to get more revenue.

As a response to the post which says I probably showed my badge, well I dont have a badge since I'm not an LOE so I only gave my Colorado license and CHL. Like I said before, if you treat the LEO right and depending on circumstances you can get a warning, even from CSPD because there is no policy saying they cant give warnings. But back to the original intent of my post, my first experience being pulled over while armed went better then I've heard from others on this site.

Originally posted by Alf87 As a response to the post which says I probably showed my badge,
    I've already stated that I accept your version of the event as factual

Originally posted by Alf87 CSPD because there is no policy saying they cant give warnings
    Originally Posted by Treo They took all discretion away from the Officer, the Officer had to ticket for it. They made it a mandatory court appearance and an automatic 100$ fine and 4 points off your license.
    Yes there is

I'm curious if you could get a copy of CSPD's policy and post it here showing that CSPD is not allowed to give warnings. You seem to be 100% sure there is a policy taking all discretion away from CSPD so it'd be interesting to share with everyone. I'll give CSPD a call when I get back to work next week myself and find out as well. Also, sorry I didnt catch the fact you accepted the facts as I gave them.

I'm curious if you could get a copy of CSPD's policy and post it here showing that CSPD is not allowed to give warnings. You seem to be 100% sure there is a policy taking all discretion away from CSPD so it'd be interesting to share with everyone.
    I'm going off the news stories and I may be wrong lets wait until you talk to them on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'm going off the news stories and I may be wrong lets wait until you talk to them on Monday
    It would be interesting if you could post ''one'' of those new articles.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alf87 View Post
    Like I said, people will believe what they will but I know differently from being involved with LE. I agree there are some stupid laws out there and we all are guilty of breaking a few of them however, we need to take responsibility for breaking those laws when pulled over and not blame the city or county that it's a plot to get more revenue.
    I do take responsibility, honesty is why I don't have any tickets. Doesn't mean it isn't about revenue. Stopping me for going 64MPH in a 55 on a wide, low traffic, country highway isn't making anyone any safer. If it isn't about revenue why are tickets double in works zones when workers are not present? Why are work zones allowed to exist for a month after work is completed? Why have city's been busted for shortening yellow light times when installing red light cameras? All about the revenue... Police have been turned into tax collectors on wheels.

Don't get me wrong, I know a couple cops and have great respect for what they do, but let's not sugar coat things.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Administrator
    I'm a cop and will tell you some municipalities use traffic enforcement for revenue enhancement purposes... and that is wrong on many levels.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm sorry I sidetracked the thread. The revenue issue was never my main point except as a rationale for why CSPD almost never gives warnings.

According to the News stories I saw running red lights became non-discretionary in 99 or 2000.

I freely admit that information may be out of date

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Glad that it ended well . Although not required in FL, I always inform that I am carrying a firearm.
    Its not required in WA either. I've had several LEOs tell me not to tell unless They ask me to get out or something similar. It can make some a little extra twitchy.
    "If everyone was allowed to carry guns, them hijackers wouldn't have no superiority. All you gotta do is arm all the passengers, then no hijacker would risk pullin' a rod."

- Archie Bunker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links