Regard for Human Life

Regard for Human Life

This is a discussion on Regard for Human Life within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you look at the trend in society mainly toward Law Enforcement, in regards to BG's shooting LEO's what do you think is the mind ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regard for Human Life

Regard for Human Life

If you look at the trend in society mainly toward Law Enforcement, in regards to BG's shooting LEO's what do you think is the mind set going through the BG's head when he decides to pull the trigger on an LEO or, really anyone for that matter.

I personally think that it is liberal judges and society that allow this to happen. ie; lessor penaltys for offences. Lack of the Death Penalty in some states on and on. Just wondering what others think should be done to our judicial system.

35 years ago people had respect for Law Enforcement, now they are just targets. Very sad.

My hat is off to all Law Enforcement, hardest job with the least rewards. Stay safe and God Bless.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

This just about sums it up for me.

Charlie Daniels
    Simple Man

I ain't nothing but a simple man
    Call me a redneck, I reckon that I am
    But there's things goin' on that make me mad down to the core
    I have to work like a dog to make ends meet
    There's crooked politicians and crime in the street
    And I'm madder than hell and I ain't gonna take it no more
    We tell our kids to just say no
    And then some panty-waist judge lets a drug dealer go
    And he slaps him on the wrist and he turns him back out on the town
    Well, if I had my way with people sellin' dope
    I'd take a big tall tree and a short piece of rope
    And hang 'em up high and let 'em swing till the sun goes down

Chorus:
    Well you know what's wrong with the world today
    People done gone and put their Bibles away
    They're livin' by law of the jungle not the law of the land
    Well the good book says it, so I know it's the truth
    An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth
    You'd better watch where you go
    And remember where you've been
    That's the way I see it I'm a simple man

Now, I'm the kind of man that wouldn't harm a mouse
    But if I catch somebody breakin' in my house
    I've got a twelve gauge shotgun waitin' on the other side
    So don't go pushin' me against my will
    I don't want to have to fight you but I durn sure will
    So if you don't want trouble then you'd better just pass me on by
    As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
    For the raping and the killing and the child abuse
    And I've got a way to put and end to all that mess
    You just take those rascals out in the swamp
    Put them on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
    And let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest

well put, Keltyke, well put.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    People have just plain gotten away from the values and morales that this country once had. Didn't happen over night........little by little. The more "little" things we allow (or accept) today, the "bigger" things we have to deal with in the future.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Nothing but decadence -- a state of moral, mental, social, spiritual decline.

Every time somebody takes an easy way out, that action is perpetuated and usually magnified by others. Not everyone, mind you -- but the weak. This is then passed on to the next generation like a genetic predisposition to a disease.

There is a huge movement to change the values of our great country to be more in line with countries that no one wants to move to.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I think that TV. movies, and video games desensitize people to violence and to humanity.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Just look at whats on TV now days, It's nothing like we use to watch. There is killing,raping,robbery,ect. & folks just seem to exsept it as Hollywood, It's not.

Kids are in trouble way too young now days and will kill you as soon as look at you. That is reason enoughf to carry, But I still like Keltykes version ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Right wing gun nuts get blamed for the problem that is created by bleeding heart liberal judges, DA's, etc. As a right wing extremist gun nut since being labeled such last year, it was not my idea to put repeat offenders back on the street. Who's idea was it? Criminals only pay attention to use of force and cost/benefit. If the benefit is greater than the cost they do it. If the cost is greater than the benefit they don't. The only way to increase the cost is to increase the force. Either through private citizens carrying, LEO's being able to do their jobs, and the courts putting the teeth back into the law. Yeah the music, movies, TV, etc promotes all the nasties. But the general public only does it if they think they can get away with it. It turns from entertainment to a lifestyle when society allows them to do it with no consequences.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    It has been a gradual moral and ethical degredation of society. Children and bad people will always push the envolope of society's rules, it is in their nature. I agree, it is a cost/benefit analysis. If they don't care about or are willing to deal with the consequences of their actions, they will continue to do those same actions. Therefore, to stop the actions, we must make the cost "greater." You can decide what that means.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    When someone decides that my life, one of my loved one's lives, or really anyone else's life isn't worth anything, then I have no regard for their life. I agree, we need more death penalty and more castle laws.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Hobble the 90% to make sure we don't hurt the feelings of the 10%

Sounds like politics to me.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    There has always bee and will always be violence on TV. John Wayne shot people. But I understand where you are coming from. Back then you didn't see the gore or a guy's head get blown off. I'm not saying TV doens't contribute to the violence and thinking behind criminal minds but it isn't the biggest contributor imho. I watch violent movies, play, violent video games, used to listen to rap crap, and I never have wanted to or had thoughts that I need to kill anybody.

IMO I think it comes from many things, such as bad child hoods, drugs, and the glorification they recieve from the media. I think a huge factor is that they are not punished justly earlier in life for smaller crimes comitted. I think they should use the death penalty more often and not just slap criminals on the wrist and give them a lot of slack. If the worst that can happen is they end back up in jail no sweat to them they have been there and were taken care of and didn't have to be responsible and work hard. Again just my opinion.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    +1 on the Charlie Daniels song!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    There has always bee and will always be violence on TV. John Wayne shot people. But I understand where you are coming from. Back then you didn't see the gore or a guy's head get blown off. I'm not saying TV doens't contribute to the violence and thinking behind criminal minds but it isn't the biggest contributor imho. I watch violent movies, play, violent video games, used to listen to rap crap, and I never have wanted to or had thoughts that I need to kill anybody.

IMO I think it comes from many things, such as bad child hoods, drugs, and the glorification they recieve from the media. I think a huge factor is that they are not punished justly earlier in life for smaller crimes comitted. I think they should use the death penalty more often and not just slap criminals on the wrist and give them a lot of slack. If the worst that can happen is they end back up in jail no sweat to them they have been there and were taken care of and didn't have to be responsible and work hard. Again just my opinion.
    I agree with this too, even tho it seems the opposite of what I wrote.

For my 3rd birthday (in 1963), I got not one, but two, sets of cowboy six-guns. I watched and still enjoy westerns and action movies. I didnt grow up to be violent and I didnt own a real gun until I was 49.

But I see an 'immersion' of young people today in TV and video games. It seems to be more of a focus of their lives, what they base almost ALL their opinions and preferences on.....the standard on which to base their lives...completely removed from 'real life.'

I think parents should stop using both as babysitters and spend a lot more time with their kids 'in the real world.' Just IMO.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links