Possible outcomes of a situation?

This is a discussion on Possible outcomes of a situation? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Say someone wants to get in a fight with me and they threaten death but have no weapon and the only thing I have for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible outcomes of a situation?

Possible outcomes of a situation?

Say someone wants to get in a fight with me and they threaten death but have no weapon and the only thing I have for protection is my gun and my fists. I'm a small guy so fighting with my fists isn't much protection. Any ideas on how to handle such a situation and when is it if ever good to use my gun or to show or say I have a gun?

2. Remove Ads

My question to you sir is, Do you have feet and can you flee the scene?

My second question is, can you retain control of your gun if you get into a fight? Now, if someone knows you are armed, and they still want to fight you, do you presume that they intend to take your gun and use it on you?

Every fight you get into, there will always be a gun present, YOUR'S! Make sure it stays in your control. The best way to do that is to not get in fights.

Biker

VIP Member
    Tough question. All situations are different, but, as BikerRN stated, there will always be at least one gun present in the situation you described. You must keep control of you gun.

Now, I'm no expert, but in in my lifetime I have been in a few fist-fights and have avoided many more. The best thing I learned is to control my pride. The younger you are the harder this is to do. Don't let your pride prevent you from extricating yourself from a bad situation.

The situation you describe is probably the hardest for an outsider to understand if you pull your weapon. You have to be able to articulate a positive and unavoidable fear of death or great bodily harm (depending on jurisdiction and local laws). Or, what was it that made you feel the ONLY thing that would save you was your gun?

Others on here will tell you about disparity of force and avoidance techniques. I will just say that you should work to control your emotions. Blind emotion clouds good judgment and slows though processes.

Good luck.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Why would someone want to get into a fight with you? We're not talking about a robbery, just a fight? What kind of places are you hanging out in? Change places.
    Fights usually start out with staring and arguments...avoid places like bars, pool halls, and parties where groups in their 20's are drinking.

These things just don't come out of the blue, and one can see potential 'liquid superman' stuff starting to happen...if armed, I'd be gone in a flash!OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I do agree that pride would cause a fight in the first place. What made me ask this was, out of the blue today I got a phone call and this guy claimed I was talking bad about him and that he was going to kick my ass the next time he saw me and put a bullet in my head. I have no idea who this person was and he wouldn't tell me is name either and he most definitely is a thug by the way he talked and the vulgar language he used but he knows who I am. I contacted the police and made a report, but just in case this guy ever saw me this situation could occur.

I don't mean to minimize the call, but if a real thug wanted to put a bullet into your head, I doubt that he would call first...just my take.
    Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!

Reread this post... http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1482212
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That thread does help, thanks.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    retsupt99 nailed it!
    It sounds like it could be possible that something(s) you do might bring on what you have described.
    My thought are that a change is in order. Find friends that don't like to start fights or trouble, avoid places where behavior like that tends to happen.
    Carrying a firearm brings with it a lot of responsibility, it sounds like your social circle might not be a responsible group.
    Avoid people and places where trouble starts. If that means new friends, find them.
    A few of the friends I used to hang around with had a tendency to drink way too much. I still see them occasionally but for much shorter periods of time and only when I know they won't be drinking.
    For me, it's just one part of the responsibility that comes with carrying.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

My friends are not the cause of this situation, I have no idea how this person knows me or how I might have offended them.

something I learned from this Forum,
    In the "What if game" while CC'n.

"what would I do if I didn't have a gun,"
    that's what I'd do. ,,,,,,until it's the Life or death moment
    Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by Levathain View Post
    What made me ask this was, out of the blue today I got a phone call and this guy claimed I was talking bad about him and that he was going to kick my ass the next time he saw me and put a bullet in my head. I have no idea who this person was and he wouldn't tell me is name either and he most definitely is a thug by the way he talked and the vulgar language he used but he knows who I am. I contacted the police and made a report, but just in case this guy ever saw me this situation could occur.
    You did a good thing by reporting the incident to the police.

Continue to pursue the issue with the Police Department. If you call to check the status or speak to the case officer (if you're assigned one), keep the phone records if your conversation (by contacting your cell or landline carrier for a detailed bill). If you communicate by e-mail, save all your e-mails.

The more you keep on them to try and find this person, the more evidence you'll have in your favor if the SHTF. You'd rather have a police report followed by a dozen follow up calls and e-mails! If you were ever stuck being judged by 12 they'd have a hard time ignoring the fact that you were desperately seeking resolution for a legitimate grave fear while it appears the cops were at the donut shop instead.

Just things to consider.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    My friends are not the cause of this situation, I have no idea how this person knows me or how I might have offended them.
    That changes things, somewhat. The unknown of who the caller was, and what has him angry with you is something to be concerned about.
    Me personally, I'd still change my routine. Change what you can as far as your hours, comings and goings, and places you frequent at least for a while until this passes or you find out who the person is.
    Try to think of what you might have said to people and about people and see if you can figure out who the person is.
    I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, it's a tough spot, but I definately would change my routine as much as possible.
    Stay safe.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Thanks for the great info guys, I think you've answered my situation quite well.

GM
    Say someone wants to get in a fight with me and they threaten death but have no weapon and the only thing I have for protection is my gun and my fists. I'm a small guy so fighting with my fists isn't much protection. Any ideas on how to handle such a situation and when is it if ever good to use my gun or to show or say I have a gun?
    Like BikerRN said, leave the place.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    out of curiosity...how did you handle the phone call?...did you try to discuss the situation with him and regardless of whether youve said anything about anybody or not offer an apology for what he heard you might have said?...let him know you dont talk smack about people (if you dont) and that he might want to discuss it with his sources because it sounds like someone else is trying to get you into trouble for something you didnt do...

when someone confronts you with something it is an opportunity to disect it and bring whatever you can out in the open...you may have been able to come to some sort of resolution with him that way...

if you have the opportunity to speak with them again i would suggest working it for all youre worth...you might find out more than you think you would...anyone who is willing to take the time to threaten someone before making an attempt to hurt them is looking more for intimidation than revenge...if it was a serious threat they wouldnt bother calling...they would just do it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links