Entire Shopping Complex Posted No Carry(OH) - Page 2

Entire Shopping Complex Posted No Carry(OH)

This is a discussion on Entire Shopping Complex Posted No Carry(OH) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perhaps list some/most of the stores here and we can inform each of the stores that we will not be shopping there due to the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Entire Shopping Complex Posted No Carry(OH)

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Perhaps list some/most of the stores here and we can inform each of the stores that we will not be shopping there due to the signs posted. Perhaps enough of us will get enough of the stores to complain to the property owners and have the signs removed?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Perhaps list some/most of the stores here and we can inform each of the stores that we will not be shopping there due to the signs posted. Perhaps enough of us will get enough of the stores to complain to the property owners and have the signs removed?
    Off the top of my head....

Walmart
    Sams Club
    Pets Mart
    Verizon Wireless
    Boston Market
    Michaels Crafts
    Guitar Center
    Payless Shoes
    Giant Eagle
    DentalWorks
    Bed Bath and Beyond

and a few more
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    again....

what sign?

Oh I'm sorry I did not see the sign. I will leave immedietly, sorry for the trouble sir.
    lol nice. I'll have to keep that in mind when I go shopping there. Unfortunately, there are just too many stores in the complex to avoid it all together.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Just to set the record straight... I never see signs posted on the door but that does not mean I carry into banks, police, gov buildings and class D liquor license... Because all those are a concrete no-no; and is a great way to end up in doo doo. Know the law and pleading ignorance only works with places that would otherwise be OK to carry into.

Just to set the record straight... I never see signs posted on the door but that does not mean I carry into banks, police, gov buildings and class D liquor license... Because all those are a concrete no-no; and is a great way to end up in doo doo. Know the law and pleading ignorance only works with places that would otherwise be OK to carry into.
    I know that much. I was speaking for that shopping complex specifically.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enk5 View Post
    I know that much. I was speaking for that shopping complex specifically.
    I guess it was more a disclaimer

Do you live in Ohio? If so, why would you NOT carry into a bank that was NOT posted?

There is ABSOLUTELY no state or federal law prohibiting you from carrying into a bank in Ohio, concealed or openly, that's not posted or otherwise prohibited (a bank located on Wright-Patterson AFB, for instance).

If somebody told you that carry into a bank was prohibited in Ohio AT ANY TIME since concealed carry was enacted, they have ABSOLUTELY no idea what they're talking about.

Know the law
    If you live in Ohio, you clearly do NOT.

You should move to Washington State and not worry about it.

In front of the (Government) Cherberg building on the Washington State Capitol grounds. And yes, we were OC inside of the buildings.

DEROS72 @opencarry.org Washington State forum, inside of his bank.

Police stations and liquor stores are also visited while armed and openly carrying, up here in Washington State.

And we just ignore the private property signs up here. No laws on the books, like it should be. Concealed carry in all of the no carry stores and restaurants. If it's concealed, it's concealed.

i have seen this on stores before, what i did was to find every entry and found one that was not posted, i entered through that door. maybe there is an entrance that is the same way???
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

Quote Originally Posted by mitocondriac View Post
    i have seen this on stores before, what i did was to find every entry and found one that was not posted, i entered through that door. maybe there is an entrance that is the same way???
    That was my first thought. I looked... No such luck.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

We should all do the right thing and respect their rights on their property. If someone thinks that pleading ignornace is acceptable once they know differently, then they need their moral compass calibrated.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

This is why, in effect, we leave our CCW guns hidden but ready inside our cars; ready for potential or probable carjacking and parking lot attacks around Dayton, Ohio, where every other door has those gun-circle-slash gun-ban signs posted or painted upon them. Thus, we may hesitate to defend and protect and save those other unarmed or unharmed folks who are attacked and assaulted within these marked doors, unable to defend them or ourselves or anyone else while we are unarmed inside.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOGuy View Post
    We should all do the right thing and respect their rights on their property. If someone thinks that pleading ignornace is acceptable once they know differently, then they need their moral compass calibrated.
    Sorry but... not going to happen. I'm not going to give up my main form of defense to make you "feel" good. If you find out I am carrying while in your store, ask me to leave, I will. Otherwise, no one is going to know and at least I know I have a better chance at seeing my family and going to sleep that night, if something were to happen.

know before hand which store it is you need to do business with, call them up and have them meet you curb side to conduct your business..if they question you, explain it to them...or hire some high school kid to do your shopping for you..or shop else where.
    "Brains before Bullets"

There is a Cleveland real estate company called Stark Enterprises that owns a lot of shopping plazas. They post "no guns" signs at the parking lot entrances of all their properties. Looking at their web site, I see two properties in your area:

OfficeMax Plaza and West Market Plaza, both at the intersection of Route 18 and Cleveland-Massillon Road.

http://www.starkenterprises.com/prop...roperties.html

I'm not familiar enough with that area to know if the place you are talking about is one of those.

Letters and emails to Stark Enterprises about the signs are never answered.

Ironically the owner, Robert Stark, also owns properties in Israel and goes there regularly. Also, his son was serving with the Israeli Defense Forces as of a couple years ago. So here in the USA Stark is posting "no guns" signs and in Israel he passes by Israelis with M-16s slung over their shoulders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links