Playing dumb

This is a discussion on Playing dumb within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It just kills me when I see someone tell someone else to pretend they dont see a GB sign regardless of how its posted. Those ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing dumb

Playing dumb

It just kills me when I see someone tell someone else to pretend they dont see a GB sign regardless of how its posted.

Those who advise others to do this sort of thing make the REST of us look bad for any lurkers who come here, and frankly are putting up plenty of evidence against themselves if they get caught playing dumb with a GB sign at some point.

Frankly, Id like to see this sort lose their CHL's entirely so the rest of us who DO try to do things lawfully and through proper channels dont end up being grouped together with them when the stuff hits the fan.

/rant

Last edited by SIXTO; February 6th, 2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: removed work around

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    It just kills me when I see someone tell someone else to pretend they dont see a GB sign regardless of how its posted.

Those who advise others to do this sort of thing make the REST of us look bad for any lurkers who come here, and frankly are putting up plenty of evidence against themselves if they get caught playing dumb with a GB sign at some point.

Frankly, Id like to see this sort lose their CHL's entirely so the rest of us who DO try to do things lawfully and through proper channels dont end up being grouped together with them when the **** hits the fan.

/rant

I'm not playing dumb (even though I may be), but what is a "GB sign" RugerSP101?

Thanks,

-Bill

Gun Banned

William Calley Interesting choice of a user name any significance?

FWIW I agree W/ Ruger. I f you ignore the signs say you did don't lie

I agree wholeheartedly. It makes people who do the right thing and bring theie gun back to the car look bad b/c they are carrying.

Those who advise others to do this sort of thing ...
    In a state where such signs hold no force of law whatsoever, the suggestion isn't a bad thing.

And I highly doubt anyone is suggesting that people utterly disregard such signs in states where they do legally matter.

It just kills me ...
    An interesting choice of words. Fact of the matter is, and largely the reason why folks do stress whether the force of law applies or not, is because for upstanding people the carrying of a defensive tool IS NOT there to kill anyone. It's there to defend, and only in the most dire of circumstances. For the average person who treats preparations for self-defense as worthy of little more fanfare than selection of socks in the morning, it's no big deal that a defensive firearm is present. In point of fact, such a tool is not a threat, and it's not "killing" anyone.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It just kills me when I see someone tell someone else to pretend they dont see a GB sign regardless of how its posted...

Frankly, Id like to see this sort lose their CHL's entirely...
    Nobody is advocating that CHL holders break the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    In a state where such signs hold no force of law whatsoever, the suggestion isn't a bad thing.

And I highly doubt anyone is suggesting that people utterly disregard such signs in states where they do legally matter.
    +1. What he said.

In FL, I would ignore the signs, am I being bad?
    Signs mean nothing down here!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's just one more level of ignorance for the store owner.

Certainly there are some locations (federal property) and certain states (like OH) where the signs do matter and some whether they do not. Is that really the point? I think each person has a right to decide for their private property. This can be someone's residence or a business. If they post a sign, whether it is legally binding or not, then we should respect it as reasonable, mature and responsible holders of a CCW license or CHL. If you disagree, then don't go there.

To knowingly violate their right to post a sign is the same as if someone else violated your rights. It is also called mutal respect. I don't see why it is so difficult to some to comply.

+1 on the original post.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

What really kills me is seeing people breaking speed limits. I mean, those are posted and should be OBEYED at all costs. 35 means 35!!! I think anyone that breaks the law by going over the speed limit should have their license taken away immediately!! It makes all the people who DO obey speed limits look bad.....
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

In Missouri, the signs are not legally binding. I will remain law abiding, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Well, I was fixin' ta axe what a GB sign wuz until I read a bit further in da thread. Gun Banned huh? Interesting concept. As a CC citizen (by permit and payment as a privilege apparently instead of the once inherently supreme constitution), I've read the laws for my state on both sides, and I follow the laws on my side. The laws were made, and everyone should follow the laws don't you agree? If we're making exceptions about the laws, then can I go ahead and accept dumb as my way of doing things? Hey! Sometimes it's better to be dumb, but I never really got into the ordeal no matter how much some of my acquaintances tell me it's cool to do so. I dunno where you're from, or what you believe in, but I'm from here, and I always tell it like it is from where I am. I'd never tell you to do anything.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar

Frankly, Id like to see this sort lose their CHL's entirely so the rest of us who DO try to do things lawfully and through proper channels dont end up being grouped together with them when the **** hits the fan.
    The people of my state have collectively agreed (through proper channels, if you will) that CHL holders needn't concern themselves with GB signs on private property. It is both lawful and proper to carry past a sign here. Exceptions are courthouses, federal buildings, et cetera.

Advocating illegal activities is not allowed on the forum.

From your post, you appear to be very willing to abrogate your fellow American's right to keep and bear arms. This tells me a lot about you.

Frankly, Id like to see this sort lose their CHL's entirely so the rest of us who DO try to do things lawfully and through proper channels dont end up being grouped together with them when the stuff hits the fan.

/rant

Dude....it seems to me you're getting hammered badly in this thread. In order to prevent any further bloodshed, I suggest we both have a beer. It's been a long day. 10 hours for me in hell (work, but I like it since nobody comes knocking at my door in hell). How 'bout you? Feel free to PM me and you can lay it all out how you feel. No catch. I've been mad at the world a time or two myself.

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    The people of my state have collectively agreed (through proper channels, if you will) that CHL holders needn't concern themselves with GB signs on private property. It is both lawful and proper to carry past a sign here. Exceptions are courthouses, federal buildings, et cetera.

Advocating illegal activities is not allowed on the forum.

From your post, you appear to be very willing to abrogate your fellow American's right to keep and bear arms. This tells me a lot about you.
    I agree.
    It does say a ton

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links