Now what?

Now what?

This is a discussion on Now what? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well since i have recieved my CWP for S.C i was wondering and also have been searching here, (i must have overlooked it) so i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Now what?

Well since i have recieved my CWP for S.C i was wondering and also have been searching here, (i must have overlooked it) so i know its here i just can't find it. But which state do i need to apply for a Non-Res CWP to be able to carry into Georgia? Fastest turnaround and less hassle? the only states i would visit would be, Ga All other states in close proximity to me that i would go to already honor SC CWP.. thanks guys
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

VIP Member
    Looks like the quickest and easiest would be PA non-resident permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Looks like the quickest and easiest would be PA non-resident permit.

Thank you very much Archer

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Thanks Guys!! what is their turnaround? just wondering..

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Mine was about 2wks
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Wait a minute, you are already honored by FL, but if you get the FL permit, you will be covered in GA, AL, MS, and all across the South...not so with the PA permit.

Look here... Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps ...hit FL and then FL non-resident.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Wait a minute, you are already honored by FL, but if you get the FL permit, you will be covered in GA, AL, MS, and all across the South...not so with the PA permit.

Look here... Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps ...hit FL and then FL non-resident.

LMAO now that makes sense too!! lol do you know the link i need? and turnaround as well? Thanks Ret

FL now has regional offices for instant service and no mailing in forms...just a two-week wait.
    If you're close to Jacksonville...there's a center there and it might be worth the drive, otherwise... Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS
    I believe that 'mail-ins' are now taking under a month.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    FL now has regional offices for instant service and no mailing in forms...just a two-week wait.
    If you're close to Jacksonville...there's a center there and it might be worth the drive, otherwise... Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS
    I believe that 'mail-ins' are now taking under a month.
    yea i live in the upstate of SC so a drive wouldnt make much sense. i did just order the forms online tho it says i should recieve them within 10 days.. however i can't find a price for nuthin!! lol guess that will be in the packet..

nevermind i found it here http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/app...structions.pdf

on page 4 about halfway down $75 plus $42 fingerprint fee...

VIP Member
    Since driving to Florida isn't a good option, I'd still look at PA. I think their turn time is about 2 weeks now, $26.00 and no fingerprints required.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum13 View Post
    nevermind i found it here http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/app...structions.pdf

on page 4 about halfway down $75 plus $42 fingerprint fee...
    That fee is good for a 7-year permit, too!

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum13 View Post
    Well since i have recieved my CWP for S.C i was wondering and also have been searching here, (i must have overlooked it) so i know its here i just can't find it. But which state do i need to apply for a Non-Res CWP to be able to carry into Georgia? Fastest turnaround and less hassle? the only states i would visit would be, Ga All other states in close proximity to me that i would go to already honor SC CWP.. thanks guys
    How about encouraging your state to reciprocate with us. Right now it's impossible for a Georgian to get any kind of allowed CC for SC unless we buy property in SC that's taxed.

SC does not offer non-resident permits, does not honor GA permits and does not honor permits from reciprocity states for non-residents of those states. I'd be happy if SC would institute a non-resident permit that required a training course taken in SC and only available to those that hold a permit in their home state. This would fix the problem and allow SC to gain some needed tax dollars.

VIP Member
    Boy am I glad I don't have this problem.

Click here and see the states that honor Michigan,,,

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Here's to alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -Homer Simpson
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links