Defensive Carry banner

Temp permit came Friday going to get the reg permit Monday

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  boradriver 
#1 ·
I got a letter friday from my local PD stating my temp permit was approved and I could pick it up M-F 8am-3:30pm. It was 3:14 so I hungup on the person I was on the phone with and jumped in the car so I could make it by 3:30pm. Now Monday morning I have to go to the DPS and get the regular permit then I'm good to go. I plan on being there when they open getting in done and stopping at the gun store on the way home. I may or may not buy something Monday but I plan on shooting a few different guns to see what feels best for me. I was originally leaning towards the Glock 26 but I want to check out a bunch now.

#3 ·
Congratulations.

How long did it take your local PD to issue the temp?

If you to to Middletown, it will take you about 10 minutes to get the permit, not counting the time standing in line. :)

#5 ·
Congrats...Just make sure that Glock 26 stays at the top of your list!!!

#7 ·
walked into DPS and was back out in under 15 minutes with permit in hand. Went straight to the gun store and spent about 1.5 hours shot 5 different guns. After all that I still couldn't make up my mind and didn't get a gun. Maybe I will be able to pull the trigger tomorrow (pun intended).

#8 ·
walked into DPS and was back out in under 15 minutes with permit in hand. Went straight to the gun store and spent about 1.5 hours shot 5 different guns. After all that I still couldn't make up my mind and didn't get a gun. Maybe I will be able to pull the trigger tomorrow (pun intended).
Must not have been a line. :image035:

Congratulations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.