Daycare Posted.. - Page 4

Daycare Posted..

This is a discussion on Daycare Posted.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 I know some daycare outfits that call social services and report you for abandonment if you're late. Our policy was 30 ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I know some daycare outfits that call social services and report you for abandonment if you're late.
    Our policy was 30 minutes with no word from the parents and Child Protective Services (this was in Baltimore) was called. If I remember correctly, this was mandated.

From now on call them on the phone and tell them to bring the kid out to you.
    Nope. Not the day care's responsibility. In most facilities, the parents have to sign the child in and out - no curb service; that's for drive-in restaurants.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I wonder if that policy also applies to police officers. It kind of offends me that if you have a badge you can do anything you want, but a regular Joe carrying a firearm is automatically a bad guy.

I respect cops, and I want to be a cop, but they aren't any better than regular citizens.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    I wonder if that policy also applies to police officers. It kind of offends me that if you have a badge you can do anything you want, but a regular Joe carrying a firearm is automatically a bad guy.

I respect cops, and I want to be a cop, but they aren't any better than regular citizens.
    No, but the law gives them privileges (and responsibilities) not granted to the ordinary citizen. You may not like that, but that's the way it is.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

It would be interesting to have a conversation with them and remind them of this daycare stabbing rampage story in Belgium.

A man rode up on a bicycle and went on a stabbing rampage at a Belgium daycare. "Two children aged three or younger were killed along with a female staff member. Ten other children and two adult staff members were rushed to six area hospitals, where emergency procedures were performed. " He stabbed all but 9 of the 31 kids present. After he was finished, he simply got on his bike and rode off. I'd be interested in knowing what impact they feel their no guns sign would have on that kind of scenario?

Belgium implemented draconian gun laws after a man bought a rifle at a gun store and took it out in a shooting rampage. I think he killed a nanny and perhaps a child too. It doesn't seem that laws and signs are much of a deterrent when one becomes intent on killing babies. Who would have thought? I wonder if they'd ever consider that having an armed person present might be a better alternative than just having their sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    No, but the law gives them privileges (and responsibilities) not granted to the ordinary citizen. You may not like that, but that's the way it is.
    It has nothing to do with the law. From what I can tell from the OP it was the business' policy, not a law, and 99.9% of people who are anti-gun are alright with cops carrying, even off duty.
    Ron Paul 2012

It has nothing to do with the law. From what I can tell from the OP it was the business' policy, not a law,
    It has EVERYTHING to do with the law, as far as LEO being able to do thing that you and I might not be able to do.

I have never seen any business that said armed LEOs aren't allowed. Again, you may not like it, but welcome to the reality of life.

and 99.9% of people who are anti-gun are alright with cops carrying, even off duty.
    And your point is? Again, welcome to the real world.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    It has EVERYTHING to do with the law, as far as LEO being able to do thing that you and I might not be able to do.

I have never seen any business that said armed LEOs aren't allowed. Again, you may not like it, but welcome to the reality of life.

And your point is? Again, welcome to the real world.

In many states LEO are only allowed to carry on grounds that ban guns if on official duty... now this doesn't specify what the duty would be but if the LEO is off duty technically he shouldn't carry in that place...it is the law.

Now I think what BRTCP88 should have said is the fact that don't question uniforms with a gun... but freak when they see a non uniform with a gun.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    $10.00 a minute for every minute over after 5 oclock,I'd be looking for another daycare,if you get caught in a traffic jam and end up 30 minutes late that would be $300.00 that there is real spiritual
    Real spirtual!!!! Seems to Lack everything, Compassion, understanding and Common Sense. 10 bucks a minute is quite outrageous.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

When we didn't have a late fee, everyone had an emergency that stopped them from picking up their children. When we went to $25 late fee (6:01 no exceptions)and another $25 after 15 minutes all the emergencies mysteriously disappeared. Even 10 years ago we were requires to call child protective services and report abandonment if a child was left for more than 30 minutes without contact from the parent.

Oh and the late fees had to be paid before we would accept the child back.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    In many states LEO are only allowed to carry on grounds that ban guns if on official duty... now this doesn't specify what the duty would be but if the LEO is off duty technically he shouldn't carry in that place...it is the law.

Now I think what BRTCP88 should have said is the fact that don't question uniforms with a gun... but freak when they see a non uniform with a gun.
    Yes, he said it better than I did.
    Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by preachertim View Post
    Real spirtual!!!! Seems to Lack everything, Compassion, understanding and Common Sense. 10 bucks a minute is quite outrageous.
    As I said to another poster, evidentially you have no experience with operating a day care center. Those of us who have find nothing uncompassionate, lacking in common sense or outrageous at all in the situation at all.

A day care center, even in a church, is a business, not a charity. If not operated as a business, it will go belly up in a hurry.

Now if a congregation is willing to underwrite the operation ...

Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    When we didn't have a late fee, everyone had an emergency that stopped them from picking up their children. When we went to $25 late fee (6:01 no exceptions)and another $25 after 15 minutes all the emergencies mysteriously disappeared. Even 10 years ago we were requires to call child protective services and report abandonment if a child was left for more than 30 minutes without contact from the parent.

Oh and the late fees had to be paid before we would accept the child back.

Been there; had to do that.

GM
    Welcome to the forum fro FL
    They charge $10 a minute after 5.00? The Daycare is in a local church? That is ridiculous; do yourself a favor and change daycare!
    Until I get a new daycare I should continue carrying, but I should make sure that my firearm is well concealed.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

It has nothing to do with the law. From what I can tell from the OP it was the business' policy, not a law, and 99.9% of people who are anti-gun are alright with cops carrying, even off duty.
    It depends on what state the OP is from. In Washington State, for example, a daycare MUST prohibit guns to be licensed. The daycare may simply have been complying with their licensing rules dictated by the state. Any daycare in Washington advertising being gun friendly would lose their license.

If the OP is from Nevada, I did not see anything in NAC 432A requiring a prohibition of weapons.

http://leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-432A.html

May I suggest Smart Carry. Best deep concealment around. Been using it for over 10 years now and never had a problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links