Defensive Carry banner

Got TOTALLY made last night

19K views 175 replies 133 participants last post by  sass20485 
#1 ·
Last night was my first date in about 10 years. I was pretty nervous. I picked her up at her house and we went to dinner and a movie. I spent quite a bit of time picking out clothes to make sure I was concealing well. I thought I did a pretty good job. I stood in front of the mirror for at least 10 mins turning around and twisting to make sure I wasn’t printing at all.

The date went well. We had a lot of fun and some great conversation. I dropped her off at her house and walked her to the front door and we exchanged the normal after date pleasantries. “I had fun” “We will have to go out again” etc. And then she says “I like a man that’s prepared” I’m sure I had a pretty stupid look on my face as I asked her “errrr, what do you mean?” She replies "Your side arm is sitting at 4 o’clock on your right hip inside your waist band, you have a spare mag behind your left hip. There’s a knife clipped inside your right pocket and a small light clipped inside your left (I was wearing a pretty long shirt un-tucked by the way).”

At this point I’m sure the look on my face probably went from stupid to dread. However she didn’t appear to be uncomfortable at all. So I asked “What gave me away?”. She said “When we walked from my house to the car you were scanning the area. I tried to walk on your right side but you shifted so that I was walking on your left side. You did the same thing when we left the restaurant. That’s generally a sign of someone that is either intelligence, ex-military ,law enforcement or a civilian that carries so I started watching.’

I was COMPLETLEY dumb founded. I got totally, 100 percent without a doubt made for EVERYTHING I was carrying. I had no idea what to say. The first thing that came to mind was ‘Sorry”. She laughed and said ‘I did 2 tours in Iraq (She hadn’t mentioned that she was in the military) You learn to pay attention pretty fast”. I asked her why she hadn’t mentioned that she served before and she said she usually doesn’t because it tends to scare guys off. I asked her why it scares guys off and she said with a big smile “Guys tend to be intimidated by a girl that can kick their behind”. I asked her if she was carrying and she said yes. I asked where and she replied “Are you going to ask me out again?” I said yes and she said "Maybe you will find out”. I think I just found my dream girl!

See less See more
#92 ·
Rollo,
I just finally read this thread and laughed my butt off! Even if there isn't a long term connection at least you made a great memory! I hope it works out well for you.
FWIW, my wife did the same thing to me on our first date. She wasn't mil/leo herself, but had a father and relatives that were with various alphabet agencies and was amused at my continual scanning.

#97 ·
I hope your second date goes as well as the first. Don't disrespect this woman - she will cut you off at the knees.

But don't be in a hurry to marry. Have you been married before?

#100 ·
It's Tuesday, time for Round #2. Maybe a game of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours?"

#103 ·
Wow Rollo that blows my mind! Right off the bat I'm thinking OMG you found the perfect woman,,,,,, :congrats:

But dont get too excited. Make sure you dont get overwhelmed by what people like you, I and the rest of us consider a grand slam! Make sure you still pay attention to the important issues. The issues that cause the breakups soon after the honeymoon such as religion, spender versus saver, communication, cultural issues ect.

#106 ·
Rollo hope your date gets snowed out so you have to stay at her place all night

:congrats:

:danceban:

:hand10:

:eek:wned2:

:Winner2:

:schild42:

#110 ·
My guess is that she was an MP while in the Army..............

#113 ·
No update?

Either it went REALLY well, or he reached for something he ought not have and she had to put him down.

#115 ·
Waiting anxiously for an update. Hope it went well.
Come on! Some of us only live those things vicariously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.