Defensive Carry banner

Got TOTALLY made last night

19K views 175 replies 133 participants last post by  sass20485 
#1 ·
Last night was my first date in about 10 years. I was pretty nervous. I picked her up at her house and we went to dinner and a movie. I spent quite a bit of time picking out clothes to make sure I was concealing well. I thought I did a pretty good job. I stood in front of the mirror for at least 10 mins turning around and twisting to make sure I wasn’t printing at all.

The date went well. We had a lot of fun and some great conversation. I dropped her off at her house and walked her to the front door and we exchanged the normal after date pleasantries. “I had fun” “We will have to go out again” etc. And then she says “I like a man that’s prepared” I’m sure I had a pretty stupid look on my face as I asked her “errrr, what do you mean?” She replies "Your side arm is sitting at 4 o’clock on your right hip inside your waist band, you have a spare mag behind your left hip. There’s a knife clipped inside your right pocket and a small light clipped inside your left (I was wearing a pretty long shirt un-tucked by the way).”

At this point I’m sure the look on my face probably went from stupid to dread. However she didn’t appear to be uncomfortable at all. So I asked “What gave me away?”. She said “When we walked from my house to the car you were scanning the area. I tried to walk on your right side but you shifted so that I was walking on your left side. You did the same thing when we left the restaurant. That’s generally a sign of someone that is either intelligence, ex-military ,law enforcement or a civilian that carries so I started watching.’

I was COMPLETLEY dumb founded. I got totally, 100 percent without a doubt made for EVERYTHING I was carrying. I had no idea what to say. The first thing that came to mind was ‘Sorry”. She laughed and said ‘I did 2 tours in Iraq (She hadn’t mentioned that she was in the military) You learn to pay attention pretty fast”. I asked her why she hadn’t mentioned that she served before and she said she usually doesn’t because it tends to scare guys off. I asked her why it scares guys off and she said with a big smile “Guys tend to be intimidated by a girl that can kick their behind”. I asked her if she was carrying and she said yes. I asked where and she replied “Are you going to ask me out again?” I said yes and she said "Maybe you will find out”. I think I just found my dream girl!

See less See more
#2 ·
My question is, did you make it to first base???? :image035:

#3 ·
:danceban::danceban::danceban:
Attention: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1:

We have a lottery winner in the house!:yup:

:danceban::danceban::danceban:

#39 ·
hurry up and make the next date. ...
i cant wait for chapter 2......lol
i want to know what she was carrying...

this gal sounds like she just might be a keeper
^^^YEP^^^for^^^sure^^^^

If she isn't your dream girl,she's probably mine ,!!
Good for you

Behind every successful man there is a woman, behind every unsuccessful man there are two.

#7 ·
You got made, but did you make out? ;)

I just started dating a police officer myself. On our first date my applying for my permit came up, didn't seem to phase her in the least, she just commented on how long the process was. She even said one of her friends was getting hers and she thought it was good to have for at least home protection.

#22 ·
Don't even ask if she can cook, you can always eat out or get delivery

Pay attention to these posts :35:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

#10 ·
Rollo, she sounds very sweet. Intelligent, no-nonsense, straightforward and with a fun disposition. That's one heck of a combination. And, she's comfortable with, even adamant about, maintaining a reasonable security posture, without the silly hangups about guns=crime=bad=you malarkey.

Either you call her, or I figure you're gonna get a few of us kickin' your butt 'round here for sheer bold stupidity. :tongue: :bier:

#11 ·
Holy cow! I read this to my wife and she's rolling.... :rofl:

That had to be the weirdest feeling as she laid all that out. :hand10:

#13 ·
Either you woke up on the couch after this dream or your a fool for not dropping to one knee right there on the spot. :rofl:

Was Ashton Kutcher in the bushes with a camera, you may have been punked.

#14 ·
LMAO, great story thanks for sharing. I think you have a keeper. Just dont make her mad. :wink:

#15 ·
If you miss this one, I bet there are several unmarried fellows on this forum that would want her number. She sounds like one smart lady, not just a woman.

#23 ·
I asked her why she hadn’t mentioned that she served before and she said she usually doesn’t because it tends to scare guys off. I asked her why it scares guys off and she said with a big smile “Guys tend to be intimidated by a girl that can kick their behind”.

Don't ask any more questions.
Just cut this Little dogie out of the herd and let her hurt you all she wants. :hand5:
Sounds like a special lady, best wishes.

#25 ·
What a sweet story! (Esp the part about you preening in front of the mirror for 10 mins, lol....and all for naught).

Just think, you have some great conversations starters all ready for your next date!

#28 ·
That type of lady is hard to comeby....does she have friends??

#29 ·
:congrats: I sure sounds like you found a good one. Intelligent, confident and not an anti.
So when are you taking her out for a range date???:bigsmile:

Oh, don't forget, Valentine's Day isn't far off. Find out her favorite flavor, uhm I mean caliber, get a big heart shaped box of chocolates, take out the plastic divider tray and tuck the ammo in between the candy. You might just have her eating out of your hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.