Got TOTALLY made last night

This is a discussion on Got TOTALLY made last night within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night was my first date in about 10 years. I was pretty nervous. I picked her up at her house and we went to ...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Got TOTALLY made last night

Got TOTALLY made last night

Last night was my first date in about 10 years. I was pretty nervous. I picked her up at her house and we went to dinner and a movie. I spent quite a bit of time picking out clothes to make sure I was concealing well. I thought I did a pretty good job. I stood in front of the mirror for at least 10 mins turning around and twisting to make sure I wasn’t printing at all.

The date went well. We had a lot of fun and some great conversation. I dropped her off at her house and walked her to the front door and we exchanged the normal after date pleasantries. “I had fun” “We will have to go out again” etc. And then she says “I like a man that’s prepared” I’m sure I had a pretty stupid look on my face as I asked her “errrr, what do you mean?” She replies "Your side arm is sitting at 4 o’clock on your right hip inside your waist band, you have a spare mag behind your left hip. There’s a knife clipped inside your right pocket and a small light clipped inside your left (I was wearing a pretty long shirt un-tucked by the way).”

At this point I’m sure the look on my face probably went from stupid to dread. However she didn’t appear to be uncomfortable at all. So I asked “What gave me away?”. She said “When we walked from my house to the car you were scanning the area. I tried to walk on your right side but you shifted so that I was walking on your left side. You did the same thing when we left the restaurant. That’s generally a sign of someone that is either intelligence, ex-military ,law enforcement or a civilian that carries so I started watching.’

I was COMPLETLEY dumb founded. I got totally, 100 percent without a doubt made for EVERYTHING I was carrying. I had no idea what to say. The first thing that came to mind was ‘Sorry”. She laughed and said ‘I did 2 tours in Iraq (She hadn’t mentioned that she was in the military) You learn to pay attention pretty fast”. I asked her why she hadn’t mentioned that she served before and she said she usually doesn’t because it tends to scare guys off. I asked her why it scares guys off and she said with a big smile “Guys tend to be intimidated by a girl that can kick their behind”. I asked her if she was carrying and she said yes. I asked where and she replied “Are you going to ask me out again?” I said yes and she said "Maybe you will find out”. I think I just found my dream girl!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

My question is, did you make it to first base????
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Attention:

We have a lottery winner in the house!

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

hurry up and make the next date. ...
    i cant wait for chapter 2......lol
    i want to know what she was carrying...

this gal sounds like she just might be a keeper
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Hoo-Rah
    now get her on board here.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member
    You got made, but did you make out? ;)

I just started dating a police officer myself. On our first date my applying for my permit came up, didn't seem to phase her in the least, she just commented on how long the process was. She even said one of her friends was getting hers and she thought it was good to have for at least home protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I had no idea what to say. The first thing that came to mind was ‘Sorry”.
    Should have been "Marry me!"

wow, just wow.... Don't screw this one up...congrats!!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Thumbs up

Rollo, she sounds very sweet. Intelligent, no-nonsense, straightforward and with a fun disposition. That's one heck of a combination. And, she's comfortable with, even adamant about, maintaining a reasonable security posture, without the silly hangups about guns=crime=bad=you malarkey.

Either you call her, or I figure you're gonna get a few of us kickin' your butt 'round here for sheer bold stupidity.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Holy cow! I read this to my wife and she's rolling....

That had to be the weirdest feeling as she laid all that out.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Buy yourself a lottery ticket so you can buy her a ring!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Either you woke up on the couch after this dream or your a fool for not dropping to one knee right there on the spot.

Was Ashton Kutcher in the bushes with a camera, you may have been punked.

LMAO, great story thanks for sharing. I think you have a keeper. Just dont make her mad.

If you miss this one, I bet there are several unmarried fellows on this forum that would want her number. She sounds like one smart lady, not just a woman.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Links