From Glock Talk Observations from actual shootings....

This is a discussion on From Glock Talk Observations from actual shootings.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OPFOR but why his post was a "rewriting" of an essay that had diametrically opposed conclusions ... That's why I said mirror ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: From Glock Talk Observations from actual shootings....

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    but why his post was a "rewriting" of an essay that had diametrically opposed conclusions...
    That's why I said mirror image. "something that has its parts reversely arranged in comparison with another similar thing."
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

2. Remove Ads

I read the OP on glock talk and the mouseguns deadmeat link and they are polar opposites. What am I supposed to make of well articulated anecdotal evidence from two people looking at handgun wounding in humans, where each person says the opposite? In cases like this it is best to stick with conventional wisdom IMO

Conventional wisdom has its place. It doesnt become conventional because its flat out wrong or not supported by real world facts. Now that is not to say that conventional wisdom doesnt have to change as technology advances..etc

One thing they both agree on is that penetration and hitting vitals is the most important factor. That rules out exotic ammo and verifies my own thinking about slow heavy hollow points such as HST2. Penetrates deep and wont overpenetrate like ball ammo. I actually keep a clip of ball for home defense if I need to shoot through doors or drywall in a defense scenario. However for carry I am not interested in shooting through car doors or glass as much as I am interested in not hurting any innocent bystanders
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Lookin4U's OP from Glock Talk pretty much states my view on gun fights as far as CC is concerned. When there is a need to shoot there is no guarantee with any firearm including rifles and shotguns. Therefore you should shoot until the threat is no longer there. So with that thought in mind I want something I can control for fast accurate follow-up shots. Putting a burst into COM, if threat is still there then shift to the face and follow with a burst and continue until there is no longer a threat. That is why I carry a Hi-cap 9mm with DPX ammo.

English is a tricky thing, much like bullets. Sometimes they hit and cause great and instantaneous damage, sometimes they pass right through.

It was a fascinating post to read both for the perspective of the original poster, and for the theater of a post derailed.

For whatever reason I have been subscribed to a number of posts lately that have been this or that in regards choice of weapon, caliber, capacity.

I have other thoughts, but it is as in my tag line, though I will reverse for emphasis: Everything is something, but nothing is everything.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I just believe that automatically discounting evidence that doesn't support your preconceived ideas is the ultimate form of ignorance (not that this is what you were doing).
    Excellent! Couldnt have said it better.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Mic
    Blah blah blah,,, what caliber is best has so many scientific variables, it comes down to what the individual shooter prefers and carries
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links