Thoughts on ClipDraw for CCW - Page 2

Thoughts on ClipDraw for CCW

This is a discussion on Thoughts on ClipDraw for CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No clips for me... If it's not in a holster, I won't carry it...period!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on ClipDraw for CCW

No clips for me...
    If it's not in a holster, I won't carry it...period!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Being as I carry a 1911 I wouldn't want the trigger exposed and my 442 fits nicely in my front pocket.

i use it on a s&w model 60 for years. i put one on one of my glock 27. it works. hard to beat. now you will have some say the trigger is not covered. but the trigger is covered, it is covered by my paints and underwear. your paints/underwear will not make your gun go off. your fringer on the trigger will. the gun stays in place and does not come out. just as good as an holster. i say don't knock it untill you try it.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I made a kydex trigger cover that connects to my belt loop with a snap and lanyard. When the gun is drawn the lanyard pulls the trigger cover off. Works great.

Glocks are a great choice if using a clipdraw!

I have a clipdraw for my Glock20. No leather is thinner than some leather so it's not as bulky when I use it.

It says right on it not to use it with one in the chamber. Even so, I have never had the trigger tripped while using the clipdraw. Never Ever! Not even close to tripping it!

I would feel less safe with a revolver using a clipdraw. Do the revolvers of today have the trigger safety my Glock has? None of my wheel guns do. If not then it's MORE likely to go off than a Glock when using it. Also, a rev. has one in the chamber and if you feared a ND with a semi with it - what about that a revolver with hammer exposed can get cocked when carried like this? Also, I have dropped my Glock twice and I never feared it going off - even when one was in the chamber. Revolver? I'm thinking there is a much greater chance of it firing if it was dropped.

I think most would avoid the clipdraw because of the warning to not use it with one in the chamber. We all know that extra time spent racking it could cost us our lives. Additionally, since the one I use attaches to the slide there is a possibility of it racking while on your belt - if you tried - but I haven't had it happen yet.

The idea that a Glock would be a bad choice for a clipdraw is funny to me. If a Glock is no good for it then all the others are even worse for it. External safeties are exposed to moving surfaces - body/belt/whatever. Would hate to have a "cocked and locked" turn into "cocked and ready to rock". But that would only happen if you ignored the instruction to not use it with one in the chamber.

But.. JMO

I sometimes use it because I CAN hide a G20 easier when a holster is not involved.

Where are all the ND stories about Glocks going off unintentionally more than any other? I'm sure our main media dogs would trumpet every one of them loudly. Yet - no multitude of incidences piling up because Glocks are so much more dangerous without an external safety.

Pfft! 3 internals seem to be doing just fine.

If you're going to pull a "Plaxico" and reach for it through your pant leg as it's slipping down and stick your finger in the trigger then don't use one. And no, Plax was not using one. He experienced the wonders of Mexican carry.

There is nothing that even comes close to sticking in the trigger. It's not in a pocket mixing it up with your keys, pen knife, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by terrym11 View Post
    I made a kydex trigger cover that connects to my belt loop with a snap and lanyard. When the gun is drawn the lanyard pulls the trigger cover off. Works great.
    Any chance of posting a pic of your creation? Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    Ever had you weapon against your (hairy) body and draw? owch
    LOL! Hey, it's only hairy there the first few times you draw!

No clips for me, it's a covered trigger or nothing. Everyone else has brought up the reasons so I won't repeat them.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

i used 1 for 2 or 3 years, allways worked well, never had issues

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to go ahead and get The Clipdraw for the short term and maybe try the Supertuck later on. It appears the main gripe is the exposed trigger, but this comes from some people who hadn't tried it or owned one. The response from the vast majority of those that used one have been positive w/out any accidental discharges. Seeing as the Glocks have a much lighter trigger than my Sigma. I should be okay condition 3 or with one in the chamber. Thankx again guys
    One Man's Trash is another Man's Wife.
    A gun is like an abortion. When you are unprotected and get surprised, you always want one.

I think you'll be much more comfortable with the supertuck. Your weapon will be much more secure and it also spreads out the weight of your weapon across your belt.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Red82 View Post
    I think you'll be much more comfortable with the supertuck. Your weapon will be much more secure and it also spreads out the weight of your weapon across your belt.
    It'll also keep the gun from digging in.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Thumbs down

And not only with the Clipdraw do you have an exposed trigger, AND the gun rubbing on your exposed skin, AND the gun rusting from your body sweat, but the Universal Clipdraw is also attached to your weapon by "VHB" double-sided tape. And we all know how 100% reliable tape is, don't we?

-Bill

Hi
    I can only speak from experience, I have used and still do at times the clip draw on glocks.

As far as the trigger not being protected or covered is wrong, if you wear the in pants with a belt the belt protects the trigger guard just as well as any holster does. As far as AD's go I have heard of glocks going off reholstering but I have not heard any as far as the clipdraw goes.

One thing I like you can just leave them on when you do use a holster.
    With anything it's only as safe as it's user.
    As far as being comfortable I have found it the most comfortable way to carry. I carry only full size weapons.
    I never have problems with rust or being uncomfortable next to my skin. The secret is you don't need to wear your pants as tight with the clipdraw as you do with most holsters. The nay sayers of this product for the most part have never tried it because if they had they would know the trigger is well protected.

Oh I forgot to add when I Run outside I wear sweat pants and have a glock 20 in my waist band with a clipdraw and have never ever had it fall out or shift around or get rusty from sweat. I get home and wipe it down and it's ready to go.

GM
    I have never tried one of them, but that should be the same that carrying without a holster. I think it depends of the firearm you are going to carry.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links