Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) - Page 4

Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

This is a discussion on Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty The downside to not having a permit is without a permit you can't carry in reciprocating states,no permit no carry,It would ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The downside to not having a permit is without a permit you can't carry in reciprocating states,no permit no carry,It would be great to have no permit carry in all 50 states,but with only a couple doing it you would still need a non resident that reciprocates with states you travel too or you are limited to the state you live in
    See post 36 above:

Even if the bill becomes law, Wyoming would still issue concealed-weapons permits to residents wishing to carry their firearms across state lines, as many other states require permits before allowing them to carry concealed weapons there, Quarberg said.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Apparently you don't read my post very carefully or you wouldn't make such statements, but alas, I can't expect all to use what God gave us to play pro and con in this can we partner? To be young again!
    If you read the OP "A bill in Wyoming just passed the house that will allow concealed carry without a permit." THat is the issue here. It is allowing the law abiding citizens to legally carry. The bad guys already carry with no respect for the law. Why would a murderer, rapist, or robber care about a lesser crime while commiting their heinus acts.

So how will it become a shooting gallery when the good guys are allowed to carry? It hasn't happened in ANY state that has adopted CCW laws, or in ANY of the states that allow carry WITHOUT a permit or background check. Can't fool me.

Read the news my friend, read the papers, emotional dribble, not by far, it's on every evening of deaths by weapons and guns, sure they search for it, emotional dribble, not by a long shot.
    The gun violence on the news has absolutely nothing to do with the law abiding citizen sitting at home not allowed to carry their guns off their property. Some critical thinking is required here to understand this...just a little.

Seems to me that you believe inatimate objecs kill people, or that people will suddenly snap if they are carrying a firearm, or perhaps you're just projecting the fear inside of yourself about your own self control.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    We hear the same cry that blood will run in the streets, fender-bender shooting, shootouts every time someone bump shopping carts in WalMart, etc from the Anti-RKBA mouthpieces every time a bill is introduced.

Hasn't happened.

OTOH, shooting continue in "Unarmed Victim Zones" and conversely crime goes down when gun bans are relaxed.
    We have shootouts in my street every day at high noon...when the clock tower strikes the guns start blazin.

I think Guardian is reading from the old playbook since this has been proven to be false. Or perhaps this strategy is still used? Must be trying to think up a new one to tug on people's emotion and bury their logic and reasoning.

VIP Member
    Read the news my friend, read the papers, emotional dribble, not by far, it's on every evening of deaths by weapons and guns, sure they search for it, emotional dribble, not by a long shot.
    If the papers & evening TV news covered all the times that guns saved lives the same way they sensationalize the criminal use, they might have some credibility.

Emotional sensationalism sells papers & increases viewer-ship of nightly news. Circulation and viewer-ship numbers drive revenue.

Honest coverage would cost the "news-people" their jobs. So, you get the emotional dribble of sensationalism which feed the anti-RKBA manta.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

To prove his point all he has to do is show statistics that the states that allow unlicensed carry have a higher crime rate than mre restrictive states...still waiting... Should be easy to look up....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Gosh darn it! Take a CCW class and shoot a gun at a range for a couple of hours for $75! No problem at home but it can save you from prison or being sued and losing that home.
    Nothing can save one from being sued. The only thing that can save one from losing his freedom in criminal proceedings or losing his home in civil litigation is being on the right side of the law and having a jury to see the the efficacy of one's action.
    WY is moving toward the removal of the requirement for CCW permit. Please re-read your BoR, 2A. The opponents of the bill evoke the same arguments we heard not long ago in the dark ages of concealed carry rights:
    "[I]t adds another level of danger to our peace officers who are the front line in the field. It ties their hands in determining whether or not an individual is lawfully carrying a weapon or not."
    I side with the sponser of the bill:
    "It's a good idea for anybody in the United States, not just in Wyoming, because it basically solidifies and codifies and affirms our Second Amendment right, and allows us to protect ourselves," - Rep. Lorraine Quarberg, R-Thermopolis (main sponsor of House Bill 113). (SCOTUS ensures nothing but the BoR need "codify" our 2A right). The bill now goes to the House Judiciary Committee. Godspeed.

VIP Member
    Great news! We still need to pray for those in California, whereby each Sheriff decides who lives or dies.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    To prove his point all he has to do is show statistics that the states that allow unlicensed carry have a higher crime rate than mre restrictive states...still waiting... Should be easy to look up....
    Wait a second, who said the good guys are sitting at home because they can't carry off their property they can if they get a permit. The issue is about doing away with permits. Now who is interjecting their own views into this which is fine, that's what this sight is about.

My whole point in this was, we will if some have their way now of millions of people carrying weapons that otherwise would not have due to having to take a test and go to a firing range to get certified to have a CCP license, now they won't, how anyone can see that as an accomplished and a good thing is beyond me.

I'm not trying to prove any point here, my point is proven by watching the news every night or reading the papers. I'm not trying to say that states that allow carry have higher crime rates, I could care less, that was not my point in the first point youngda, so now if you want to pat yourself on the back and say see Guardian doesn't want to prove a point he wasn't undertaking, go for it partner, whatever makes you feel important or good.

It's ok, I'll state my view, I think it's a dangerous road to go down. I'm fine with CCPing.

By the way, the only two states that have no license requirements that I know of at this moment in time are Alaska and Vermont and I think their combined populations don't equal Dallas, so an anaylsis of crime rates for those two states compared to anything or area would be useless in a comparison rating youngda.

I learned a long time ago in the military, when dealing with someone who thinks they are right all the time or is unwilling to listen to any point but their own is to wish them a good night and be blessed and take care.

That is what I wish for you, have a good night, be blessed and take care.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

We all need to think past our state lines; we are a people of one nation and our goal needs to be one nation, one law. Currently Alaska will issue a CC permit if you require the need to CC in another state where reciprocity is currently granted. That being said, we need to work to make all states the same as AK and VT. Once we recoupe our rights as stated in our Bill of Rights, the issue of reciprocity will be no more. Remember, just because there are state lines, we are all Americans....living in one nation. We need to work togather as one people.
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Now I do agree with the above, As I stated in the beginning, I like the idea, but do have some concerns with it also. That's doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it happen or if someone came up to me and said Guardian your the deciding vote on whether the bill passes or not, well the bill would pass then.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

By the way, the only two states that have no license requirements that I know of at this moment in time are Alaska and Vermont and I think their combined populations don't equal Dallas, so an anaylsis of crime rates for those two states compared to anything or area would be useless in a comparison rating youngda.
    Do you understand the concept of crime rates?

There is no test in my state, or many others. People aren't blasting away over fender benders or bumping in a crowded aisle at the grocery store.

Not as bad as a shooting galary with your family being out there in the middle of it or my family with people unqualified now carrying a weapon that they might not have before due to taking a simple test written or live fire.
    This doesn't happen in the current no permit required states and doesn't happen in the shall issue states that don't have silly feel-good legislation for class requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowdler View Post
    My heart skipped a beat when I read

"Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House" posted by Center of MASS

I thought this was going to be in Massachusetts! ...if only

For a fraction of a second I thought the same thing...then a fraction of a second later reality set in and I realized this is MA and that won't happen for a long time.

Mc Donald vs Chicago, Argued March 2,2010 SCOTUS. Ruling in June.
    The good people of Massachusetts and the other, We know what is best for you states, might just wake up in the morning and be FREE!!!!.

Arizona Is Next

I just read where Arizona's proposed gun law changes will include a concealed carry without permit provision!

Proposed changes to Arizona concealed carry law

Alaska and Vermont are there, Wyoming is a lock, and Arizona will press hard!

Is this a movement?
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links