Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) - Page 5

Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

This is a discussion on Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If Wyoming and Arizona follow Alaska and Vermont's example then it may lead to a chain reaction just as Florida's shall issue legislation back in ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    If Wyoming and Arizona follow Alaska and Vermont's example then it may lead to a chain reaction just as Florida's shall issue legislation back in I believe it was 1987. We probably don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves though but this is definitely good news.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by CenterOfMass View Post
    I just read where Arizona's proposed gun law changes will include a concealed carry without permit provision!

Proposed changes to Arizona concealed carry law

Alaska and Vermont are there, Wyoming is a lock, and Arizona will press hard!

Is this a movement?
    One can only hope it is a trend.

I'll keep everyone posted on this bill.

wyo-man

Way to go WY!

We still need to pray for those in California, whereby each Sheriff decides who lives or dies.
    It always killed me how a sheriff, a living, breathing, honorable biped, could possible refuse to consider "protection of my life and the lives of my loved ones" as sufficient cause to justify the carrying of a firearm. How that could possibly fail to be sufficient cause is beyond me. It's probably the single most egregious example of petty territoriality in existence, with the worst possible ramifications (dead citizens, utterly unable to effectively defend against crime).

At minimum, it should be shall-issue with fixed standards. In the end, it should all be scrapped as with VT, for all the lack of good it achieves.

Though, for the years I spent in Calif., my sheriff believed "to comply with the law" was perfectly sufficient to fill the space on the form. Bless him, for spitting on the Assembly's lunatic inability to see practical good for the citizens of the state.

I hope Wyoming succeeds, with flying colors!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

And all this from a state that a year ago, started dropping reciprocity with other states due to lack of "Similar or Like" requirements...Colorado being one of them.

I honestly don't understand how these huge leaps ahead for our cause (less restrictions), and at the same time, huge leaps for the Antis are happening (more restrictions).

This will be as interesting to watch as the individual states that sent a letter of intent to the Feds if they don't step back.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I know that, I guess my point is being missed here. In order to get a CCP, you under go another check, a 2nd layer defense against a gun nut getting one and the antis saying see if they were check that 2nd time, they might have caught this nut if one should get it, in other words, is going through a another check for a CCP in order to ensure everything is cool really that tough for some?
    I don't know that that so called "2nd layer" is going to make any difference whatsoever anyway. I liken it to looking at a red car 2, 3, and 4 times and still expecting the color to magically change by the 4th or 5th check.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It always killed me how a sheriff, a living, breathing, honorable biped, could possible refuse to consider "protection of my life and the lives of my loved ones" as sufficient cause to justify the carrying of a firearm. How that could possibly fail to be sufficient cause is beyond me.
    Well said. Texas went from no CHL to shall-issue, so thankfully I never had to live under that kind of oppression. Would have made my head hurt!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    B nice if the other 49 follow
    we could only hope... or maybe i'll just move out there..
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

This may be a dumb question but...in VT and AK, does this mean that convicted felons can cc?

Or, aside from any CC laws, are felons never allowed to own or carry guns again, period?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    B nice if the other 49 follow

VT is already there, been that way for decades but go WY!

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    This may be a dumb question but...in VT and AK, does this mean that convicted felons can cc?

Or, aside from any CC laws, are felons never allowed to own or carry guns again, period?
    Not by law. Here it VT anyone who can LEGALLY own a handgun can CC, felons cannot legally own a handgun so they cannot CC or OC
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Thanks Adkjoe
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Right on spot Wyoming!

Im not too sure if I like this idea.. I wouldnt want every joe schmoe around to be carrying. I love the idea of being able to as a PRIVALEDGE. I think having to get a permit is the best way to carry legally. I mean their are too many crazy people out there with guns, and letting those crazy gun owners carry around could prove to be hazardous. Just my 2cents though...

I don't want to start an argument but I read a couple pages of posts in this thread and someone said opening up no permits will cause problems. First of all what problems? We have 1 murder a year here in VT and we have no permits for CC and we are the 2nd least populated state. Wyoming is the least populated state in the country, what problems will there be, please someone explain this to me, I read it all the time on this forum. How does no permits cause problems? Are people just gonna go out and buy guns and finally kill the people they have wanted to for years? Murder is still just as illegal. Even in other states all you have to do is pass a background check or put a couple shots into a target, really what is the big deal people have with citizens carrying guns without permits. It works for VT and AK, were not a bunch of gun slinging, murdering, crazy rednecks looking for our next victim. Even being able to carry without a permit here most people don't. 85% of the people I know don't carry a gun, just because theirs no permits doesn't mean EVERYONE will be armed, and if they are good for them. Theirs no knife permits, whats to stop someone from walking up to you in a crowded mall and sticking it in your side? Permits and licenses or whatever you want to call it is just another way the government controls our lives and if your OK living with that than good for you but I'm not. I would rather everyone have the OPTION to be able to defend themselves not just people we "think" are fit to.

Anything can become a weapon and theirs plenty of things you can legally and easily conceal what makes a gun so special that you have to prove yourself?

Your right, some people shouldn't own guns but theirs some people who shouldn't get paid as much as they do, and theirs some people who don't deserve to live, or deserve more than they have but that's the way things are, who are we to tell them that though.

You can't save people from themselves or others, stop trying
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Sponsored Links