Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) - Page 8

Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

This is a discussion on Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pax Guardian, Wasn't addressing you personally, so dunno why you decided I was. Was addressing everyone in the thread who was so ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    Guardian,

Wasn't addressing you personally, so dunno why you decided I was. Was addressing everyone in the thread who was so sure this was a bad idea.

The reason I cite WA/OR for "training required" is because the two states are very similar in every other way: climate, demographics, politics, social attitudes. The same cannot be said of Austin and Anchorage. The only thing those two places have in common is city size, so too many variables to track that way.

A more convincing argument would be to look at accidental shootings or criminal negligence involving firearms (which were my original point, not overall crime stats) in Alaska before and after the permitless carry law passed. That would eliminate the other, unrelated variables and get to the heart of the issue.

pax
    My apologies Pax, but those words used were responses used from the folks addressing my comments and were in posts' where my words were associated also, so naturally, in that respect, I tend to look at it as being intended for me. If they were not, you have my apologies.

As for the others saying you can't compare or they don't say guns, well they don't say their not either. Didn't I say if I put up any proof, some of the the nay sayers would come right back and say, not enough or you can't use that or it doesn't matter, typical response, people are so predictable now a days and then you wonder why I say I'm worried a little.

Oh well. My 2nd comments were totally ignored also, typical again of what I was referring to of reading.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

pax
    Guardian,

I asked for references about accidents and criminal negligence involving firearms in states with permitless carry.

You came back with flat crime rates (not gun-crime rates, not accidental shooting rates, not criminal-negligence-with-gun rates, just flat crime rates).

I happily and humbly admit you were right when you predicted that I would say those irrelevant statistics were irrelevant. You win that one for sure!

Of course, if we wanted to compare apples to giraffes, the stats you cited would work just dandy.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Back to topic:
    Update (2/17) with Governor's comments.

Bill loosening gun regulations move forward

wyo-man

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    Guardian,

I asked for references about accidents and criminal negligence involving firearms in states with permitless carry.

You came back with flat crime rates (not gun-crime rates, not accidental shooting rates, not criminal-negligence-with-gun rates, just flat crime rates).

I happily and humbly admit you were right when you predicted that I would say those irrelevant statistics were irrelevant. You win that one for sure!

Of course, if we wanted to compare apples to giraffes, the stats you cited would work just dandy.

pax

Of course, since you were not addressing me as you stated, my flat stats were meant for those back on page 3 or 4 where the previous comments were asking for pure crime rates and didn't reference the difference in accidents or criminal negligence and any of that other neat stuff you mentioned. Over analysis is sometimes a dangerous thing.

Sometimes simple statistics are the best when you just want to show one simple thing, it's worked for 49 years, I think I'll keep it that way.

Have a great night.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

wyo-man I ate ice cream at Dirty Sally's in Ten Sleep. I love your state and will be there again this summer. I wrote a letter and called your Attorney General Salzburg about Wyoming and South Carolina having a P------ contest about permits. I think Gov. Freudenthal and Bright have had a light blub experience.

pax
    Have a great night.
    You too. And thanks.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Sometimes simple statistics are the best when you just want to show one simple thing, it's worked for 49 years, I think I'll keep it that way.

Have a great night.
    Show = "prove" a preconceived idea?

OTOH, a comprehensive open-minded look at all the fact might be a better way to learn something that one might have missed, while looking for something to show that one is right.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I can't believe this argument has gone on this long.

For the love of the gods, we are talking about a state that has one of if not the lowest population per sq. mile in the country. Mostly farm/ranch people who more than likely grew up with guns.

If there ever was a place for a test run on a modern no permit to CC, here's the place.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I ate ice cream at Dirty Sally's in Ten Sleep.
    What a great little town. We spend a few days there every April for the first BPCR shoot of the season.
    I can't believe this argument has gone on this long.
    I have to second that sentiment.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

oh wow thats so cool, i wished they would do that here in philly
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

GM
    Good news!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Wy. no CFP needed?

The Wyoming legislature is pushing through a bill that would not require a Wy. resident to have a permit to carry concealed. Not passed yet, but on its way.
    Glock 20, Glock 27, Ruger SR9c, Sig P-238, Ruger SP 101 357 Mag.2 1/4", Ruger Vaquero 45LC 5 1/2", Ruger MKII Target.

If for no other reason, it's been enlightening to read this thread. Some real questions, some real answers.

And a few that simply need to learn how to read.

My take on this bill? All the Way for it. %100!!

I just hope the "Nanny State" representatives from the NW corner and the SE corner don't muck it up for the rest of us. H***, I'm half afraid my own Senator from the center of the state may stab us in the back - again!
    "You see, wire telegraphy is a kind of a very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? Radio operates exactly the same way, except there is no cat."
    -- Attributed to Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zotter View Post
    I'm half afraid my own Senator from the center of the state may stab us in the back - again!
    It's what they do. It's in their nature.

95% of their term they have a constituency (sp) of 1.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links