Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) - Page 9

Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

This is a discussion on Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The bill, House Bill 113, now advances to the Senate. Though the bill has Senate sponsors, Senate President John Hines, R-Gillette, told the Associated Press ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Bill To Allow Concealed Carry Without Permit Passes House(merged)

The bill, House Bill 113, now advances to the Senate. Though the bill has Senate sponsors, Senate President John Hines, R-Gillette, told the Associated Press last week that he has some reservations about the proposal.

"I guess my thoughts are there are a lot of crazy people out in the world anymore, and I'm not sure I want them all to have a concealed weapon," Hines told the AP

Wow this brainiac couldn't think his way out of a room with one door. Does he really believe that the plastic card us law abiding citizens have is going to somehow make the crazies out there not carry a weapon if they aren't supposed to? I guess this proves that being in goverment really does require a single digit IQ.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    B nice if the other 49 follow
    Other 49?! Just 47.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Every innocent CCW mistake makes a sensational story and a bad example to be abused and misued by the nagging nannies, the Brady Bunch and the Bloomturd Herd; and puts the public, including gun lovers and others, at risk. It also might lead to even more restrictions, costs and losses to them and their gun rights. NO! A CCW license does not make me qualified for SWAT or Spec Ops or to even be a small-town cop! I may be reasonably sensible and sane and safe, at least while shooting in a nice safe regulated range place.

I wanted to Chime in on this. I have a permit because my state requires it. At first I was all for them. My reason why is that it could help weed out some crazies that should not be allowed to carry. However I later read a story about a Federal Air Marshal that pulled his gun over a parking space on a civilian. That got me to thinking. The Background check that they do on the Fed LEO and Regular LEO are more in depth than the CCW background checks and they are still pulling guns when they need not to. So I changed my thinking. Good point is that Vermont and Alaska don't have permits and you very seldom hear to much come out of those states. So do we need permits? Do we need background checks? If the Feds do them on LEO's and they don't catch everyone then I am sure that CCW checks are not going to work as well either. Also wanted to comment on Brady Campaign's ranking of states, the ones with the best scores have the highest crime rates, so I guess none of it makes a lot os sense.

Bad idea! A set up for bad sad sensational CCW stories that will no doubt lead to a more radical reaction? We can and do assume that most normal native folks in Wyoming have grown up with guns and been taught how to handle and shoot them safely. BUT...read some forum and magazine stories. No problem to have guns in the home for personal defense, but carrying them in public is much more dangerous and serious.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Yeah, because Vermont and Alaska sure are having problems.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Many states recognize other states CCW permits and folks who live in Wy. will have no CCW permit to show out of state.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Bad idea! A set up for bad sad sensational CCW stories that will no doubt lead to a more radical reaction? We can and do assume that most normal native folks in Wyoming have grown up with guns and been taught how to handle and shoot them safely. BUT...read some forum and magazine stories. No problem to have guns in the home for personal defense, but carrying them in public is much more dangerous and serious.
    People (well, journalists and politicians) had a bad reaction from 1987-2006 when Florida restarted the 'shall-issue' movement. Blood in the streets. Soccer moms shooting each other over parking spaces. The Wild West. Etcetera, etcetera. Their fears were unfounded and we have been vindicated. This should not be any different.

Going to an AK/VT permitless system is the most logical evolution of the shall issue system:

The Need for Concealed Carry - Without A Permit | LearnAboutGuns.com*

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Many states recognize other states CCW permits and folks who live in Wy. will have no CCW permit to show out of state.
    This has already been covered, WY will continue to issue permits so you may carry out of state..
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sponsored Links