"Honey...Should I take the Glock or the Ruger?"

This is a discussion on "Honey...Should I take the Glock or the Ruger?" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BugDude If I said that, my wife would reply, "No, your 40 year love affair with biscuits and gravy makes you look ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Honey...Should I take the Glock or the Ruger?"

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    If I said that, my wife would reply, "No, your 40 year love affair with biscuits and gravy makes you look fat."

Home Simpson voice on "Ummmm. Biscuits and Gravy" Homer Simpson voice off

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mitocondriac View Post
    Glad to hear it!!! Just dont ever point out the double standard to her. Funnier
    If you EVER do, PLEASE video and post it!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! That is if you are alive to do so
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    From the woman's point of view:
    I at one time gave up asking him how I looked, I got the same answer every time, "Fine", he says. And it's always the same answer, no matter what I'm wearing, I could be dressed to take out the garbage and he would say "Fine".
    I finally raised my voice a little bit, and said, "just let me know if I'm printing, OK"?
    I think he's afraid to say "Fine" any more.
    Don't women realize that even as dunb as we men are, we all know that this is one of those "No Right Answer" questons?

Say you look fat and you lose, say you look "OK" and you get, "JUST
    OK?"

Say you look beautiful, and she says "WHAT did you do NOW?"

Great subject. Wife and I went to several Holiday events from last Oct.-Dec. and of course I packed, doing my best to conceal my piece. She really didn't know I was carrying, she was more into prettying herself up and as wives do making sure, my colors match, asking me not to get to political, ect. We get home latter and start getting ready for bed, and at that point I didn't hide the fact I was indeed carrying that night. When she saw me undressing and unholstering she says, I had no idea you were carrying tonight, no printing. Good job honey says she, I replyed why thanks for the compliment! She didn't realize we could go out all dressed up and I could CC without being busted with all her friends (some of them from the other side and leave it at that). But when I reminded her of the money I've spent to CC, she says ok I get it. Can I get a new CC purse? I said you betch ya! She is a fast learner...Those cc purses are kinda pricey!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I at one time gave up asking him how I looked, I got the same answer every time, "Fine", he says. And it's always the same answer, no matter what I'm wearing, I could be dressed to take out the garbage and he would say "Fine".
    I finally raised my voice a little bit, and said, "just let me know if I'm printing, OK"?
    lol this is funny stuff
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Im the exact opposite but I dont know that it would be liked any better than a repition of "fine" In my house, its honesty about everything. I never lie to my wife about anything, ever. So if she asks do her eyebrows look good I may say "They look ok, but theres a tad much arch on these, go to your usual place next time" Or if prompted I may tell her the new make up she spent a bunch of money on IS clumpy looking, its not just the mirror and we need to get her something else. But she also knows if I say an outfit looks great, that it really does look great and Im not just saying it to get out the door. Im as picky about my clothes as she is so i can relate to not wanting to leave until things are right.

Our biggest trouble is she's a big girl and she doesnt like being a big girl. I on the other hand am very partial to that particualr body type.

So if I get the question "Do these pants make my butt look big?" I tell her "He!! Yeah!, lets go show you off"

Alex!
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links