Busted by the wife

This is a discussion on Busted by the wife within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the beginning my wife was curious like that. Now she just assumes I am always carrying. I know she feels safer knowing that I ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Busted by the wife

In the beginning my wife was curious like that. Now she just assumes I am always carrying. I know she feels safer knowing that I am.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Better to at least tell your spouse or loved one that you’re carrying. They have a right to know, and if you should become a victim of an accident or sudden illness, it would be helpful so your significant other can provide cover and support e.g. talking with law enforcement, medics, etc. More importantly, are the reasons you can’t even think of...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

My fiancee didnt understand the "etiquette" at first. Now she knows it is never a conversation topic anywhere but home. I have drilled to her too that Dont tell somebody because they may tell somebody you wouldnt". She is now awaiting her 21st birthday to get her permit and weapon...a G26.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    My wife was like that at first but now has her permit and carries. Just took a little time.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

If I'm awake I'm carrying,even tho I haven't got dressed yet,yep I'm typing in my tightey whiteys,I have a RIA compact 45 loaded at 12 O'clock,Sig 2022 40 at 9 O'clock,and a S&W 6906 9mm at low 3O'clock,my Sig 229 40 and Colt Combat Commander are on my nightstand
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My Wife is totally supportive of the 2A and the right to carry. She supports me every step of the way. And at home she will grab her gun or guns, she know where they are and would not hesitate to defend and she does know how to fight. And I will add she lives to go shooting, and we bring some of her CLOSEST friends to join us. I just can't seem to get her to the point of a CWP. She carrys pepper spray on her. She knows she should go CWP, but I don't push it. We are together most of the time as we work across the street from each other, but to me she still needs it..I will win this one, stay posted!

My wife know I carry, doesn't mind that I carry and feels good that I do. She likes going to the range and is in the slow process of getting her permit.

She has been dragging her feet but is working on it.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    I have a female friend and she’s a liberal who is married to a ‘Blackwater’ guy (go figure) and she just got her permit. So, anything is possible...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I have a female friend and she’s a liberal who is married to a ‘Blackwater’ guy (go figure) and she just got her permit. So, anything is possible...

WOW, now theres a story! Tell us more Saber.

Am I the only odd ball here? I carry and hubby dosen't. On Sunday getting ready to go he patted my side and said that I wasn't dressed yet, and I said well get out of my way so I can. He was between me and the safe and wouldn't move out of the way.

My wife told me that she carried her pepper spray with her when she went to the mall Saturday by herself. When I first got it for her, I got the "I'm not living my life paranoid...yada, yada, yada" speech. Now she's taking it upon herself to carry it. Next step is try to get her to go shooting with me IF THE SNOW EVER MELTS!!! Perhaps she should start with 22s. My wife only fired a gun once, one of her daddy's hunting rifles, when she was a youngster. When my daughter was 7, she was shooting a 22 magnum rifle, a 22lr revolver, and a 22 short semi-auto. Good beginner guns.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I am working on things slowly. I keep saying when questioned about the need to bring a gun: "It isn't for you! I need it for me! I may only have enough lead to save my a-s really." The nagging goes away for some reason.

My wife is quite use to non-LEO former boyfriends carrying pieces, so she is very blasé that I do (she will not CCW herself, however).

In fact, due to a severely mentally ill criminal family member that both of us testified against in open Federal court, she is quite ecstatic now that I carry; and she doesn't mind at all that I spend $$$ on practice ammo and IPSC shoots in order to constantly stay frosty, since this crazy-ass felon gets out this March, and he is still really PO'ed at us for some reason.

-Bill

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I busted the hubby yesterday. As he was getting ready to leave for work I look and spot an empty holster on his hip. I asked him if he was ready to leave, and he replied after I get my jacket on. I suggested maybe he might want to finish getting dressed first. He reached back and headed off to the safe with a sheepish look on his face.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Guess I'm a fortunate guy.

My wife was very receptive to the idea that I got a concealed carry permit. She actually wanted to learn how to use the firearms I had in the house as well. She is originally from Illinois, but wasn't a bit anti at all.

After taking her to the range, she got hooked on shooting, then got her permit and carries her Ruger LCP everywhere it's legal to do so.

I don't even have to worry about being "busted" by the wife, I know she has hers and it's cool to know we both are in agreement on this subject.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links