Busted by the wife

This is a discussion on Busted by the wife within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Der Alte No problem at all. My wife also has her permit and we carry everywhere that its legal. same here. give ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Busted by the wife

Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    No problem at all. My wife also has her permit and we carry everywhere that its legal.

same here. give them pet names and leave the packing OUT..

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up busted

My wife has her cwp and carries maybe 90%of the time. I am still working on the other 10%. She has a Ruger
    SP 101, a Kel-tec P3AT, and has claimed MY S&W Model 25-5 in 45 ACP. She is actually a very good shot with a revolver and semi-auto's, but prefers the revolver. I have had her around for 41 years and think I will keep her.

My wife used to say stuff, but my ability to selectively turn off my hearing has won me the day. She doesn't even ask anymore.

My wife is the typical Oprah/Soap Opera watching, Macy's and Walmart shopping, "It could never happen to me" sheepeople out there.

The good thing is, I'm the Yang to her Yin, and am always armed to the teeth.

I'm okay with my wife not carrying and I'll tell ya why. The other day I decided that my new S&W 638 would be her new house gun, it being a revolver in a reasonable 38+p caliber and all. So I unloaded it, ask her to take a look at it and see how she liked it. She walked over I handed it to her, then she pointed it at me and pulled the trigger and verbally went, pow! I took the pistol away and walked away in disbelief. I said nothing to her, but simply took the pistol away walked back up stairs and put the gun in the upstairs safe. I know I hurt her feelings by my actions even though I didn't say a word to her regarding the incredibly bad lack of safety on her part, but knowing that she doesn't know guns, or even wants to know about um, that it's my own fault for trying to involve her in something she obviously doesn't want anything to do with. She came to a few minutes later and apologized and told me she was sorry about playing like that, and that she realized it the second that she pulled the trigger, just how dumb it was. Looking at it objectively, I'm good with the fact that, my families defense solely rest on my shoulders. I'd say, at least I know which direction the rounds will be coming from in the event of a home invasion.

I guess the world needs too.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
    My wife has her cwp and carries maybe 90%of the time. I am still working on the other 10%. She has a Ruger
    SP 101, a Kel-tec P3AT, and has claimed MY S&W Model 25-5 in 45 ACP. She is actually a very good shot with a revolver and semi-auto's, but prefers the revolver. I have had her around for 41 years and think I will keep her.
    Need some "clarification" on this. Are you talking about the "pistol" or the "wife"?

Sorry about the thread hijacking. Now back to our regular topic.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post

So I unloaded it, ask her to take a look at it and see how she liked it. She walked over I handed it to her, then she pointed it at me and pulled the trigger and verbally went, pow! I took the pistol away and walked away in disbelief.

Very scary stuff, Gottabkiddin. I think I would have soiled my undies...

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Am I the only odd ball here? I carry and hubby dosen't. On Sunday getting ready to go he patted my side and said that I wasn't dressed yet, and I said well get out of my way so I can. He was between me and the safe and wouldn't move out of the way.
    You're not the only one - I'm in the same boat. Hubby is more the long gun guy; I'm the handgun gal. I have my permit; he does not. It works for us.

He hardly notices if I'm carrying or not, even when I OC. And it doesn't bother him in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Posts like this make me realize what a lucky man I am. My wife and I both conceal, and we're on the same page. I rallied her into the class and permit application. Some may have no idea it's worth, but to me, it's worth more than anyone could ever know. Yes....I count my blessings because I think I might be unworthy. On this Valentine's day, I've re-iterated my faith in all that is good, and choosing the best part of my life (my wife), and yet can't help but think this all came about from some divine guidance. I cherish it like nothing else on this earth is as important. Most I can do is hope for you all to find the same.
    You are my hero, Ram Rod. How refreshing to see a post like yours....thank you. My situation is a little diff. than most. I carry, but my husband does not. He totally supports my right and decision to do so...he just isn't a gun man. Of course at 6'7" most people don't mess with him. Like Ram, I feel extremely fortunate to be married to this person and I feel blessed to be his wife.
    Take care,
    VTXDM40...........Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If I'm awake I'm carrying,even tho I haven't got dressed yet,yep I'm typing in my tightey whiteys,I have a RIA compact 45 loaded at 12 O'clock,Sig 2022 40 at 9 O'clock,and a S&W 6906 9mm at low 3O'clock,my Sig 229 40 and Colt Combat Commander are on my nightstand
    Sure hope you are sitting down, cause all that weight on one pair of tightey whiteys sure will make them hit the floor fast

I finally got my husband into the Utah class and the paper work was sent off 4/15. Now he actually is starting to look at holsters and think out loud about carrying.
    Funny thing, he came to me and started talking about how his 1911 might be to large to conceal during the summer and how he thinks he should get a BUG or 2...he still has no idea how many firearms we have so I just started pulling them out till we found one he likes and then he played dress up with the holsters.
    He fell for my Bresa Thunder 380 (15+1)...guess that means I can buy another gun now
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I was carrying weapons prior to getting married, military, State Police, my wife knows I cc all the time, and after 44+ years it doesn't even get a mention anymore.

I have always owned firearms and she has always been aware of it. We took our CHL class together. She carries, shoots, and practices with her gun frequently. She may or may not have one on her when we are together, but she knows I do and makes sure of that before she decides not to carry.

My wife and I have been together since 1983. Decades before CCW was ever passed in our State. But both of us being medics from high crime urban areas, we've always been on the same page regarding the realities of crime and self defense. As a matter of fact she was permanently disabled after being thrown down a flight of stairs by a mental patient and is now very limited with mobility. Often uses a trekking pole to even walk. Not having the ability to run away or retreat if attacked, she was as anxious as I was to finally be able to legally carry a weapon in public when ccw passed. As a matter of fact, I believe words to the effect of "It's about damn time" is how she put it when ccw finally passed in Missouri.

In hindsight, I really don't think I could have married someone who wasn't on the same page in regards to the realities of crime, guns and ccw. I believe those who are unlucky enough to have a wife who just doesn't get the seriousness of the unknown threat is simply working against each other when they should be working together as a team in order to fend off a criminal attack if it ever happens.

I'm lucky enough to know if we are ever accosted on the street, not only will she be moving away from me and seeking cover without having to be told... but she'll also be drawing her own weapon to back me up and or protect my back side from attackers who may be trying to flank us as I address the main and immediate threat. A winning combination as far as I'm concerned, and at the very least, will offer us a fighting chance since retreat isn't an option. At least when my wife is present.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Talking

Wives opinions are driven by emotions therefore they are pointless in this situation.
    Sorry but it's true, my wife of 42 years admits it.
    SEMPER FI
    Life member: DAV
    Life member: USMC
    Life member: MOPH
    Member: NRA
    Life member: VVA

Quote Originally Posted by jackg View Post
    Wives opinions are driven by emotions therefore they are pointless in this situation.
    Thanks for that large dollop of sexism.

I've said this before, here. We all, ALL make decisions using both our emotions and our logical faculties. Without emotions, it's very difficult to make decisions, because it's our emotions that give our decisions their "drive", their "color," their emphasis.

You'd be surprised how often we, all of us, list (in our minds or on paper) the goods and bads of a future decision, then make the final choice based on our feelings about those goods and bads.

And if women are so bad about making decisions with emotions, why is it that I carry, and my ex-husband doesn't? Why is it he was abusive, and I'm not?

Get off your high horse before you fall off.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by jackg View Post

Don't presume that all wives are like yours. Mine certainly isn't; she's less emotionally driven than I am.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Thanks for that large dollop of sexism.

I've said this before, here. We all, ALL make decisions using both our emotions and our logical faculties. Without emotions, it's very difficult to make decisions, because it's our emotions that give our decisions their "drive", their "color," their emphasis.

You'd be surprised how often we, all of us, list (in our minds or on paper) the goods and bads of a future decision, then make the final choice based on our feelings about those goods and bads.

And if women are so bad about making decisions with emotions, why is it that I carry, and my ex-husband doesn't? Why is it he was abusive, and I'm not?

Get off your high horse before you fall off.
    +1 gilraen. Very good post.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links