Finally!!! Crimson Trace for the Sigma!!

This is a discussion on Finally!!! Crimson Trace for the Sigma!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can remember how disappointed I was when I called and asked Crimson Trace if they had any plans to make a laser for the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!! Crimson Trace for the Sigma!!

Finally!!! Crimson Trace for the Sigma!!

I can remember how disappointed I was when I called and asked Crimson Trace if they had any plans to make a laser for the Sigma. Nope, was the answer I got.

So you can imagine the intense state of happiness I had when I saw this earlier tonight:
    Laser Sight For Smith & Wesson Sigma LG-406 :: Crimson Trace

It says Coming Soon, so I'm not sure when exactly they will be available. Because it is attached to trigger guard, I'm not sure it will fit my Kydex Holsters. Any ideas on holsters that will work??
    Last edited by HotGuns; February 14th, 2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: edited for family forum status
    One Man's Trash is another Man's Wife.
    A gun is like an abortion. When you are unprotected and get surprised, you always want one.

2. Remove Ads

The issue I see with this is that I bought the Sigma because it's cheap. I can't see myself spending a couple hundred on a laser sight for such a cheap gun.

FWIW I don't think I could see myself spending that much on a laser for any gun, unless of course my pockets were getting to heavy.

FWIW and what I've Seen, any decent laser is going to cost at least a hundred. Crimson Trace has a good rep though. I kinda wish it was a laser on the grips like the Glocks. Then I could use same holsters.

I bought the Sigma b/c it is all I could afford at the time. I consider it an inexpensive but not "cheap" gun. We can't all walk around with Ed Brown or Wilson 1911's. It is what I have to protect myself and my family and I will improve upon it and upgrade it as needed. It is very reliable to me and good accuracy. Anything I can do to obtain a quick on point sight picture in low or no light, I am all for.
    One Man's Trash is another Man's Wife.
    A gun is like an abortion. When you are unprotected and get surprised, you always want one.

I have a CT laser on my Ruger LCP because it is my up close and personal weapon.
    I also have a Sigma, and it has decent sights so no need for a laser.
    I also think the Sigma is a heck of a bargain, I have no complaints about it at all.

I'm sure that any BG you shoot with your Sigma will be just as dead as if you shot him with a $1500 pistola.Just let the gun snobs say what they want to about it, I have several guns that the Snobs dont approve of ,but they have never let me down and I cant see why they would anymore than any other gun.
    Most of the snobs talk trash about "Cheap" pistols and have never even had one, I say If you aint tried it dont knock it. And as far as Lasers go, you wil not be disappointed, I have them on 2 of my guns, P3At and an M&P.If you think your Sigma is accurate now , wait till you get the CT, Amazing.Good luck and Keep on Keeping on.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

I don't own a Sigma personally, however, i do think this bodes well for Sigma owners out there. If more companies start creating accessories for these guns then they may continue to rise in popularity. None of the stores around here have any problems sending them out the door so I don;t think they'll be going away any time soon.

big difference between cheap and inexpensive. The sigma is inexpensive. take a look at the inside of a glock and a sigma. They are so similar it's lawsuit worthy. I've had 2 FTE due to underpowered reloads. It's been failure free through 5000+ rounds of Blazer cheapo ammo. It might not be the most accurate weapon out there but it works. paper plates at 30 yards is accurate enough for me. I'd love more options for lights but lazers are nice as well.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    hmmm, I was thinking of selling mine but...
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

your first mistake was buying that piece of garbage SWVE

Quote Originally Posted by rugerlcp View Post
    your first mistake was buying that piece of garbage SWVE
    Have you ever owned one, or even looked at one?

I have a Sigma 9mm. With a Houge rubber grip. It is awesome! Fits my hand like a glove. I bought it in 1994 so it does NOT have an accessories rail to mount lights, lasers etc.

I was considering selling it and getting an updated version of it, or a Glock or a XDM 9mm...

Looks like I will be KEEPING my wonderful standby Sigma!

AND getting a Glock... or XDM 9mm...

Now the question is which one!

Looks like I will have one for "upstairs" and "downstairs" for HD. Even better.
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    I just got rid of my sigma coz of the god-awful trigger pull on it. IMOP, the laser isnt going to make a bit of difference if your aim trails off by an inch every time you squeeze. Plus, all the fancy bells and whistles wont make you a better shooter, practice makes you a better shooter. Thats how I would characterize the Sigma, its a gun that forces you to become better.
    Dont waste your hard earned money on a laser for gun thats mediocre-at-best in quality. Become a better shooter, upgrade to a gun that fits your skill level, improve, upgrade and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    I just got rid of my sigma coz of the god-awful trigger pull on it. IMOP, the laser isnt going to make a bit of difference if your aim trails off by an inch every time you squeeze. Plus, all the fancy bells and whistles wont make you a better shooter, practice makes you a better shooter. Thats how I would characterize the Sigma, its a gun that forces you to become better.
    Dont waste your hard earned money on a laser for gun thats mediocre-at-best in quality. Become a better shooter, upgrade to a gun that fits your skill level, improve, upgrade and repeat.
    I don't know of anyone that claims the Sigma to be a target gun.
    When used as a SD weapon the one inch difference that you are complaining about would be insignificant at a usual SD distance of less than 21 feet.
    The laser would help to get a quick and accurate sight picture, if the laser points to a vital area and the gun goes bang thats what counts.

The OP has a gun that he likes. He just found out that a laser is now available for it and decided to share this information with other people that may also own a similar gun. Why in the world do people feel the need to now tell him that his gun is a POS and that he never should have bought it? How does this affect you? I mean seriously, even the guy that carries a plastic 380 made fun of him.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    I just got rid of my sigma coz of the god-awful trigger pull on it.
    Well if that is the biggest concern (trigger pull) then does anybody know where we can buy an aftermarket trigger spring to "lighten the pull" for us Sigma owners.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links