Without good and sufficient reason

This is a discussion on Without good and sufficient reason within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by REVMAN I always have a "good and sufficient" reason to carry. +1, I always carry to protect myself and the ones I ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Without good and sufficient reason

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    I always have a "good and sufficient" reason to carry.
    +1, I always carry to protect myself and the ones I love and care about.

2. Remove Ads

i think the reason why they dont want you to carry in a chuch is it just that a church, is there a loop hole to that law, as in if you were givin permission to do so from the paster?? If not then dont break the law and lose the right to have your CCW/CPL.....

Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    i think the reason why they dont want you to carry in a chuch is it just that a church, is there a loop hole to that law, as in if you were givin permission to do so from the paster?? If not then dont break the law and lose the right to have your CCW/CPL.....
    Church is a body of people...not a building. BG don't seem to mind shooting at a church.

The VA law was purposefully vague....because heaven forbid someone in the General Assembly make a definitive stance on self-defense in a church....because no one wants to face the fact it happens....and it's better to post a sign than actually do something in self-defense.

The law isn't black and white.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

In case Satan shows up
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    In case Satan shows up
    That's why I file a cross on the top of my wadcutters...

Actually, I'm not too worried about Satan (Scripture references on request). Rather, it's his crew here that I'm on my guard against.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Church is a body of people...not a building. BG don't seem to mind shooting at a church.

The VA law was purposefully vague....because heaven forbid someone in the General Assembly make a definitive stance on self-defense in a church....because no one wants to face the fact it happens....and it's better to post a sign than actually do something in self-defense.

There was a bill that tried to this session.

It appears to be dead.

LIS > Bill Tracking > HB106 > 2010 session

HB 106 Concealed handguns; person with valid permit allowed to carry in place of worship with permission.
    Mark L. Cole

Summary as introduced:
    Carrying concealed handguns. Allows a person with a valid concealed handgun permit to carry a concealed handgun in a place of worship with permission of the leader of the religious meeting. The bill also eliminates the restriction against carrying a concealed handgun in a restaurant that serves alcohol.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Here, it's legal unless they post the doors.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So ambiguous its unenforceable. If you look at the history of the law you might find it was passed after the War of Northern Aggression and reconstruction as a system of laws designed to hobble certain newly freed minorities.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    My "Good and sufficient reason" is that I enjoy living, and I've become addicted to it. I just don't believe that I can quit, without serious problems. And I don't think that any "rehab" or intervention will help me to break that addiciton. I carry my gun, legally, of course, because I intend to do whatever it takes to continue my addiction.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

My Pastor knows I carry and it has been given his blessing. That is what makes it legal here in Texas. My reason is the 2A and the BG doesn't care about legalities.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

Does not history and the Bible teach us that good and sufficient reason has been around since, oh let me think, THE BEGINNING OF MAN! AS IN CAIN AND ABEL! sorry to yell but gee wizz.. i just can't even try to understand that kind of thinking, and praise the LORD i never will..I can can give you plenty of scriptures to back this up.

In the words of Mr T, "I pity the fool" who tries this in our church. At any given service there are 8-10 men (and a few women ) who are armed. Our pastor knows he's the best protected pastor in town. All of our outside doors have someone standing by them during the service, and the parking lot as well.

me
    My good and sufficient reason is easy. I am one of the pastors, it is my job to shepherd the flock and shepherds were armed against those that would do the flock harm. My armament is just different for a different enemy.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    My good and sufficient reason is easy. I am one of the pastors, it is my job to shepherd the flock and shepherds were armed against those that would do the flock harm. My armament is just different for a different enemy.

Let the people say "AMEN"
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

Good point.
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links