House bill 203 for Ohio

This is a discussion on House bill 203 for Ohio within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone heard any updates for H203 yet? Last I heard they where going to vote the end of January but I can't find any info ...

Thread: House bill 203 for Ohio

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar

House bill 203 for Ohio

Anyone heard any updates for H203 yet? Last I heard they where going to vote the end of January but I can't find any info on it or even any "official" documents about it. The other thread about this bill is already locked.

BTW the bill was suppose to be about allowing CCW in places that serve alcohol as long as the CCW holder isn't drinking.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2. Remove Ads

It's still in committee. The third hearing hasn't even been scheduled yet. The first two hearings went well by all accounts. The next one will be for opponent testimony. The final vote is a long way off and even if it passes, we'd be unlikely to see it go into effect this year (or late in the year at the earliest).

As someone who is very commonly a designated driver, I hope that passes for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by PileDriver73 View Post
    As someone who is very commonly a designated driver, I hope that passes for you guys.
    Thanks. I'm always designated driver; I don't drink at all, so it's really frustrating.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Good luck. Hope you guys pass it. And hope SC catches on!!!!!!!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Thanks for the updates guys I hope this thread can stay open until we hear yay or neh. For sure
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

At the snail's pace the Dem-controlled House is proceeding with this bill, it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't reach the Senate until just before Summer recess. Then in the Fall, everyone will be too busy campaigning to deal with legislation.

If you go to the Ohioan for Concealed Carry site and check the tab under legislation you can keep up on the status of the bill. You can also sign up for email alerts from the organization. See:

Ohioans For Concealed Carry - The Premier Gun Rights Organization in Ohio Since 1999
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

soooo.... nothing has changed on the ohioCCW website since feb... is there another source for information regarding this bill?

Check out Ohio Senate Bill 239

SB239 basically does what HB203 does, and in addition removes restrictions on how a CCW holder may carry a handgun in an automobile. It's already had its first two readings and seems to be moving faster than HB203 . . .

Zeko

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    soooo.... nothing has changed on the ohioCCW website since feb... is there another source for information regarding this bill?
    The link that JDE101 posted is for OFCC (Ohioans for Concealed Carry) main website. For up to date chatter concerning this legislation, go to their Forum > Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums • Index page
    Scroll down to the "Ohio Issues and Politics" tab. Click on it and you will see several threads that are updated constantly.
    John -
    "The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent."

hey thanks for the info

much appreciated

Links