NRA self defense insurance - Page 3

NRA self defense insurance

This is a discussion on NRA self defense insurance within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jimbofox That kind of paranoia is why people label gun owners as..well...paranoid. The odds of the 2nd amendment (or any amendment for ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA self defense insurance

Quote Originally Posted by jimbofox View Post
    That kind of paranoia is why people label gun owners as..well...paranoid. The odds of the 2nd amendment (or any amendment for that matter) being abolished is about as likely as me waking up tomorrow with dwarfism. It's the same bullcrap I hear all the time about how "President Obama is the best gun salesman of all time." Considering he has signed off on two laws that are now passed (one just went into effect today) to not only *not* take away gun rights, but protect them, I'd say the guy isn't exactly "anti-gun". Wouldn't go so far as to say he's "pro-gun", more so that he's "pro-constitution". He is, of course, a Harvard professor on the subject so that really isn't a huge shock to me. I can certainly appreciate your right to opinion on this subject, sir, and I sincerely appreciate you taking the due diligence to instruct others in firearms use, but I don't think you or I or anyone here has too much to worry about with our "guns being taken away by the big bad gov't". If people would bother to do their homework, settle the F down, and think about things....we wouldn't have an ammo shortage right now.

Regarding the NRA--biggest group of complete hypocrites outside of Captiol Hill. I applaud their intentions, but their methods are flat out Un-American.
    It's not being paranoid, it's looking at the facts. Before the last few years, more and more gun restrictions were being adopted. I doubt that if things continued as they were the 2A would have been abolished. Ignored or reinterpreted is the term I would have used. It already is to an extent, just look to the citizens of NY City.

Obama was considered anti-gun because in the past, his record has shown him to be so. Maybe he's changed his positions on things, maybe not. But in today's political climate being antigun is a hinderence. It's called politics and Obama, as most others that reach high offices of government, are very good at being politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    It's not being paranoid, it's looking at the facts. Before the last few years, more and more gun restrictions were being adopted. I doubt that if things continued as they were the 2A would have been abolished. Ignored or reinterpreted is the term I would have used. It already is to an extent, just look to the citizens of NY City.

Obama was considered anti-gun because in the past, his record has shown him to be so. Maybe he's changed his positions on things, maybe not. But in today's political climate being antigun is a hinderence. It's called politics and Obama, as most others that reach high offices of government, are very good at being politicians.

Point taken sir, but I was a bit more concerned in the past 8 years of my other rights (like speech and privacy) being yanked. I like to call that the "patriot act".

Point taken sir, but I was a bit more concerned in the past 8 years of my other rights (like speech and privacy) being yanked. I like to call that the "patriot act".
    The 2A is just as important. It's easy to give away rights and freedoms. Much harder to get them back. The patriot act is a good example, but just a small piece of the big puzzle. Our rights and freedoms are being attacked every day and we need to fight for all of them. It's like the old saying, "if you give an inch, they'll take a mile!". People give rights and freedoms up in the name of safety, security, or some other perceived benefit only to lose much more in the end than they anticipated.

That kind of paranoia is why people label gun owners as..well...paranoid. The odds of the 2nd amendment (or any amendment for that matter) being abolished is about as likely as me waking up tomorrow with dwarfism. It's the same bullcrap I hear all the time about how "President Obama is the best gun salesman of all time." Considering he has signed off on two laws that are now passed (one just went into effect today) to not only *not* take away gun rights, but protect them, I'd say the guy isn't exactly "anti-gun". Wouldn't go so far as to say he's "pro-gun", more so that he's "pro-constitution". He is, of course, a Harvard professor on the subject so that really isn't a huge shock to me. I can certainly appreciate your right to opinion on this subject, sir, and I sincerely appreciate you taking the due diligence to instruct others in firearms use, but I don't think you or I or anyone here has too much to worry about with our "guns being taken away by the big bad gov't". If people would bother to do their homework, settle the F down, and think about things....we wouldn't have an ammo shortage right now.

Regarding the NRA--biggest group of complete hypocrites outside of Captiol Hill. I applaud their intentions, but their methods are flat out Un-American.
    Please do a little research - especially before you vote. President Obama was never a Harvard "professor." After graduating Harvard Law with his juris doctor, he taught part-time at the University of Chicago while working for a law firm focused on civil rights.

Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Please do a little research - especially before you vote. President Obama was never a Harvard "professor." After Harvard Law, he taught part-time at the University of Chicago while working for a law firm focused on civil rights.

Sheesh.
    Excuse me, I should have been more clear. What I meant was "A Harvard graduate, who is a professor of Constitutional law." Thank you for correcting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    The 2A is just as important. It's easy to give away rights and freedoms. Much harder to get them back. The patriot act is a good example, but just a small piece of the big puzzle. Our rights and freedoms are being attacked every day and we need to fight for all of them. It's like the old saying, "if you give an inch, they'll take a mile!". People give rights and freedoms up in the name of safety, security, or some other perceived benefit only to lose much more in the end than they anticipated.
    Indeed sir, and I certainly appreciate your perspective on that subject.

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    While I respect what the NRA is fighting for, there needs to be an overhaul in that organization.
    Dido, like many other hear, I just prefer to stay away from the NRA. I was a member as a teenager and had trouble with the "stolen firearms insurance they offered as part of the membership. End state, I cut all ties with this organization in 1984 and never looked back.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Excuse me, I should have been more clear. What I meant was "A Harvard graduate, who is a professor of Constitutional law." Thank you for correcting me.
    Not trying to nitpick here, but he was an adjunct at U Chicago. That's still not a "professor". He was considered a lecturer. BIG difference.

Not trying to nitpick here, but he was an adjunct at U Chicago. That's still not a "professor". He was considered a lecturer. BIG difference.
    In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book.[40] He then served as a professor at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years; as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004 teaching constitutional law.[41]

--wikipedia

In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book.[40] He then served as a professor at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years; as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004 teaching constitutional law.[41]

--wikipedia
    Yup. Thanks for confirming that for me. He was a lecturer.

Yup. Thanks for confirming that for me. He was a lecturer.
    FactCheck.org: Was Barack Obama really a constitutional law professor?

According to that, The University of Chicago recognized him as a professor and he was treated as such. Given that that is where he taught, and they see him as a professor....I mean really....

My apologies to the OP for the thread jack. Back to the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle18 View Post
    You might look at, Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, LLC (Armed Citzen Legal Defense Network LLC.). My understanding they do not provide you with an attorney as such but have attorneys that assist your chosen attorney in pro-gun related matters should you need one. I think the NRA insurance is "after the fact". I want a team on my side during the fact!

Respectfully--Kyle

In addition to helping your lawyer, they toss $5,000 on the table in front of him to get him moving on your case...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle18 View Post
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...oundation.html

Post # 20 by member Pax explains the function of ACLDF a bit more for those that might be interested. (The above link is a thread on this forum)

Stay safe-Kyle
    I have been looking high and low for that post from Pax. Glad you found it. I wanted to post it here. The videos alone are almost worth the price of membership. Suggest you follow their advice, take notes and save copies of them. I am going to redo my notes and mail them to myself, so I can have proof of education should I ever need it.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    In addition to helping your lawyer, they toss $5,000 on the table in front of him to get him moving on your case...
    Excellent idea. I think I'm gonna look into that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links