Wachovia? - Page 2

Wachovia?

This is a discussion on Wachovia? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't bank at Wachovia, but there are several near me. I'll take a look the next time I'm out and about....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wachovia?

VIP Member
    I don't bank at Wachovia, but there are several near me. I'll take a look the next time I'm out and about.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Cool

I stand corrected. Me bad.

Wachovia should be good to go at least in the NoVA area. I dunno what the deal is with the signs. Needless to say I have a family member that had dealings with the head Corp Security guy for Wachovia(I forget his name now offhand). The conversation was brought up with this guy as my family member called them to let them know their accounts(a few rather large ones) would be closed out after seeing the no guns signs on the door in one of the NoVA branches.

It was made perfectly clear that carry is fine with them as long as it's per state law and the corp security guy gave him his card to call if there were ever any problems. I'll have to see if he still has the card and I can get the guys name.

edit:
    Granted this took place about a year ago...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Yes, I was refering to the Federal Reserve, such as the FR Bank of New York, or FRB of Atlanta, or the many others.

I did not know they were not actually "banks" open to public banking. (because of the name I guess)
    I guess you've never actually seen one.

They resemble a public bank the same way a cow resembles a camel.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

SIGN?? what sign, I didn't see no stinking sign
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Won't be long before the government owns the banks if the current administration has it's way.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by hdawson View Post
    I thought that it was a federal restriction that prohibits the carrying of a concealed weapon into any FDIC insured bank. Am I wrong?
    Yes that is incorrect, banks are privately owned businesses, even if the gov bailed them out (with our money). Only the Federal Reserve bank is Gov owned, and your not just going to walk in the front door of that place.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I guess you've never actually seen one.

They resemble a public bank the same way a cow resembles a camel.
    Correct, I've never seen one.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    Yes that is incorrect, banks are privately owned businesses, even if the gov bailed them out (with our money). Only the Federal Reserve bank is Gov owned, and your not just going to walk in the front door of that place.
    Not quite ...

From Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"According to the board of governors: "It is not 'owned' by anyone and is 'not a private, profit-making institution'. Instead, it is an independent entity within the government, having both public purposes and private aspects." In particular, the US Government does not own shares in the Federal Reserve System nor its component banks, but does take all of its profits after salaries are paid to employees, a dividend is paid to member banks that is 6% of their capital investment, and surplus is put in a capital account. The government also exercises some control by appointing its highest-level employees and setting their salaries."

Also:

"Twelve regional privately-owned Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation, which divide the nation into 12 districts, acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors."
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    The Wachovia branch where we bank doesn't have any signs restricting carry. I always carry when I go in.
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

ex banker

used to work for first union which bought wachovia. they had a pic of a handgun with a slash through it posted at the door. i guess they expected any bg would respect that sigh. as far as i am concerned-i am getting old enough so that i don't give a rat's ass about signs. i carry concealed and keep it that way. i don't anticipate any bad situations--but i am prepared. gun would only come out to protect myself should things turn shitty.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    My bank has a picture of a Beretta 92 (or maybe a Taurus) with a slash through it...man, it's a good thing I was carrying my Colt Detective....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I think Wells Fargo bought Wachovia 18 months ago or so. But I have never seen a no gun sign in a Wachovia branch in Arizona.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beerad View Post
    I think Wells Fargo bought Wachovia 18 months ago or so. But I have never seen a no gun sign in a Wachovia branch in Arizona.
    I thought it had been a while, but I was still seeing signs.

Although I not a customer, maybe its time for me to do some writing.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Those of you who feel that the first order of business when a bank changes hands is to check their gun sign have been reading gun forums too long.

Some states regulate banks.
    Some signs have no value

Know the laws of your state to be sure.

I believe the federal issue is if there are federal employees. Some credit unions fit this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links