Wachovia?

This is a discussion on Wachovia? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SCfromNY Those of you who feel that the first order of business when a bank changes hands is to check their gun ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wachovia?

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    Those of you who feel that the first order of business when a bank changes hands is to check their gun sign have been reading gun forums too long.

Some states regulate banks.
    Some signs have no value

Know the laws of your state to be sure.

I believe the federal issue is if there are federal employees. Some credit unions fit this.
    BINGO!

2. Remove Ads

i contacted wachovia officie in columbia, spoke a gentleman name dave. he is going to do some digging on this subject of ccw in their bank. he would get with district manager and get me some info for us. he stated he did not know of any thing from not being able to carry in the bank. i will post something on web as soon avaible.

Quote Originally Posted by warthogdvr View Post
    i contacted wachovia officie in columbia, spoke a gentleman name dave. he is going to do some digging on this subject of ccw in their bank. he would get with district manager and get me some info for us. he stated he did not know of any thing from not being able to carry in the bank. i will post something on web as soon avaible.
    You may have just shot yourself in the proverbial foot here. If there's no law against it and no signage posted...don't ask. If you ask, you basically force their hand and most likely they're going to go the route of better safe than sorry and post it.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I understand that Wachovia (Anti Carry) has been bought by Wells Fargo who is NOT anti gun and does allow carry.

However, it appears that changes are slow.

If you have a Wachovia branch in your area, has the "no-carry" sign been taken down? If not, have you had any discussion with them and what was the outcome?
    You are wrong. Banks are private owned (so far) like Wal-Mart or any other store. It is not illegal to carry in banks if they are not owned by the government. FDIC insured is not the same that federal owned. However, banks can have their own policy. I do part of my banking at Wachovia and I always carry. I frequent two different branches and any of them ban guns.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

[QUOTE=hudsonvalley;1503577]My bank has a picture of a Beretta 92 (or maybe a Taurus) with a slash through it...man, it's a good thing I was carrying my Colt Detective....[/Q
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    You are wrong. Banks are private owned (so far) like Wal-Mart or any other store. It is not illegal to carry in banks if they are not owned by the government. FDIC insured is not the same that federal owned. However, banks can have their own policy. I do part of my banking at Wachovia and I always carry. I frequent two different branches and any of them ban guns.
    The federal government owns NO banks. Even the Federal Reserve Banks are privately-owned institutions, as are so-called "federal" credit unions.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member

Question Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    What am I wrong about?

That Wachovia was Anti Carry?

That Wells Fargo is NOT anti gun and does allow carry?

That changes are slow and Wachovia still have sign posted?

Where did I say anything was illegal (albeit it is in some States)?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

talk to my bank they it not posted but no carry in all wachovia banks. the one where idid bank say what they do not know will not hurt them. bank has rule but not really in forced as no one has been crazy yet. so like said what do not know do until.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links