Wachovia?

Wachovia?

This is a discussion on Wachovia? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand that Wachovia (Anti Carry) has been bought by Wells Fargo who is NOT anti gun and does allow carry. However, it appears that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wachovia?

VIP Member

Question Wachovia?

I understand that Wachovia (Anti Carry) has been bought by Wells Fargo who is NOT anti gun and does allow carry.

However, it appears that changes are slow.

If you have a Wachovia branch in your area, has the "no-carry" sign been taken down? If not, have you had any discussion with them and what was the outcome?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Cool

I thought that it was a federal restriction that prohibits the carrying of a concealed weapon into any FDIC insured bank. Am I wrong?

I'm not 100% but I believe state owned banks weather FDIC insured or not can make there own decision regarding weapons.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

VIP Member
    There is no federal restriction on carry inside banks unless it is a federal bank. I carry inside banks every time I go to them.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hdawson View Post
    I thought that it was a federal restriction that prohibits the carrying of a concealed weapon into any FDIC insured bank. Am I wrong?
    A LOT of people seem to think this, but it is simply NOT true. FDIC insured does NOT equal "federal property"; most banks are privately owned, so unless your state (like NC) makes them off limits, carry would be OK. Now the bank itself might say "no guns" but that is not a legal issue.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Yes. There is no federal restriction. Any such restriction is state-mandated. FDIC insurance has nothing to do with anything but insuring the bank accounts.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    There is no federal restriction on carry inside banks unless it is a federal bank. I carry inside banks every time I go to them.
    What is a "federal bank"? Are you referring to the Federal Reserve? It's not even a bank, it's a money distribution center not open to the public.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I have carried in my branch....
    Last edited by hk45c; February 17th, 2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: The major beat me to the punch
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    A LOT of people seem to think this, but it is simply NOT true. FDIC insured does NOT equal "federal property"; most banks are privately owned, so unless your state (like NC) makes them off limits, carry would be OK. Now the bank itself might say "no guns" but that is not a legal issue.
    +1 What he said. FDIC is insurance. It would be like saying GEICO is anti gun and since I have GEICO car insuramce I can't have a gun in my car.

For the record I was just using GEICO as an example. I have no idea what their position is on guns.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    What is a "federal bank"? Are you referring to the Federal Reserve? It's not even a bank, it's a money distribution center not open to the public.
    Yes, I was refering to the Federal Reserve, such as the FR Bank of New York, or FRB of Atlanta, or the many others.

I did not know they were not actually "banks" open to public banking. (because of the name I guess)
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    +1 What he said. FDIC is insurance. It would be like saying GEICO is anti gun and since I have GEICO car insuramce I can't have a gun in my car.

For the record I was just using GEICO as an example. I have no idea what their position is on guns.
    I would expect Progressive to go there first, but it wouldn't surprise me if SOME auto insurance comapny didn't try this sooner or later...
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    I have carried in my branch....
    Of Wachovia?

Branch location?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Yes, you are wrong.

Banks are private property, thus than can welcome or restrict firearms as they see fit. Some states may prohibit firearms in banks, but that is not federal law as far as I know.

I'm not a lawyer and this certainly isn't legal advice, good luck.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Several banks here in SC (my area) have "No Conceal Weapons" signs but according to SC law they are not legal size so they hold no weight. I continue to carry when going to the bank.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Of Wachovia?

Branch location?
    Sorry, I forgot I change my location to something more patriotic

But yah Wachovia here in good ol Alabama!!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links