CCW to the rescue.

This is a discussion on CCW to the rescue. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by clt46910 I am glad so many here would have been so calm and thoughtful under this kind of stress. Hindsight is Twenty/Twenty. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by clt46910
    I am glad so many here would have been so calm and thoughtful under this kind of stress. Hindsight is Twenty/Twenty. We can critique and criticize all we want in hindsight. I think the young man did an admirable job under the circumstances.

Very well said.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I Like that Song
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I say bravo. Give that man an award.

First off, it is the BG who initiated the whole incident. If anybody but the BG had been hurt, it would still be on the BG. Nobody knows if the BG would have turned around and killed everyone, if the GG had not shot him. The clerk used concealment to draw, then engaged the BG, who appeared to fire first (though my video was choppy) and the clerk returned fire while the BG was still in the lobby.

Plus, the song was pretty cool too.

Now that mom, she didn't appear to be the brightest bulb in the pack.

All things considered, I thought it was well done.

Shooter429

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    What the heck was wrong with the mom? Some BG comes in to rob the place and she just hangs around like nothing is happening, not even picking up her kid and moving to the far end or the counter. That woman is an idiot and her kid is probably going to be hearing impaired from the clerks gun going off 3 times so close to her little ears.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    i didnt say he didnt do the right thing i said i dont think i could have confadantly shot that close to a mother n child now a year and some more training i might be that comfortable but not now

Stupid idiot put his picture at the end of the clip...Geez......All was good except the picture and music. I don't think I would even glorify myself if I had to shoot. My 2cents..Glad everyone is alive.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Stupid idiot put his picture at the end of the clip...Geez......All was good except the picture and music. I don't think I would even glorify myself if I had to shoot. My 2cents..Glad everyone is alive.

The "stupid idiot" is question goes by the handle of "Rooftop voter" on the Guns Network forums. The video was put together by his friends, not him. The camera angle makes it look like he is shooting closer to the child and her idiot mother than he actually is.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274058

This is the thread where the shooter, Rooftop voter, addresses the Monday-morning quarterbacks...

03-07-2006, 04:35 AM #72

Rooftop voter

"I didn't make the video, my roomate did. Just for clarification, I had nothing to do with the making, picking of the soundtrack, or any other involvement in the editing in the video. Not that I care, but I didn't want any part of it just in case. I have no control over what he does! He's the one who posted it here under my name, and he posted it at AR15.com. We use each others accounts all the time..."
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Sorry to hear that and I do apologize for my remarks. However, be careful because this could come back to bite you.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    didnt want to sound critical of you roof was just saying i dont know if i would have your presens of mind a confadance that was all i do how ever think that the lady with the kid wasnt all that admerable by not trying to get clear but its easy to cratiq here i wasnt there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links