Would force have been ok to us here? - Page 5

Would force have been ok to us here?

This is a discussion on Would force have been ok to us here? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bladenbullet view the pics again bubba...tell us how your scenario and action would have improved it....thanks for the lesson... You want me ...

View Poll Results: To/Not to shoot?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shot if safe backdrop

38 30.65%
  • Dont engage due to only wielding

38 30.65%
  • Engage because there is a gun wielded

48 38.71%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would force have been ok to us here?

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    view the pics again bubba...tell us how your scenario and action would have improved it....thanks for the lesson...
    You want me to make up a scenario so you can what if it to death, count on that. That's what has happened to this thread. We're arguing the "what if's". Not the pictures.

Let's just agree to disagree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post

1. No I can't outdraw a bg that has a gun in my face.
    But I can draw while he has it in your face.

Unless you're a trained SWAT sniper, please don't try to save me when the bad guy has a gun stuffed in my face: I'd be very likely picking bullets out of my own brain matter for the next year or two; both from the BG's ND when you startled him with your gunshots, and from your own rounds hitting me as you were attempting to "save my life".

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calley View Post
    Unless you're a trained SWAT sniper, please don't try to save me when the bad guy has a gun stuffed in my face: I'd be very likely picking bullets out of my own brain matter for the next year or two; both from the BG's ND when you startled him with your gunshots, and from your own rounds hitting me as you were attempting to "save my life".

-Bill
    Are you that bad of a shot that you think everybody else is?

Can you shoot... yes (abide to state guide lines)

would i shoot is another story.

Are you that bad of a shot that you think everybody else is?
    Glad you're such a great shot on the range Bubba, and such a master gunfighter against paper targets. But please get back to me when you get into a critical incident on the street; when your "target" is big, bad, and mean, and he is moving and shooting back at you with the single-minded intent to end your life; and the adrenalin is flowing so hard and so fast that a normal person even forgets how to soil himself.

In other words, please get back to me when your very existence on this earth has been on the line if the BG won and if you lost.

-Bill

Glad you're such a great shot on the range Bubba, and such a master gunfighter against paper targets. But please get back to me when you get into a critical incident on the street; when your "target" is big, bad, and mean, and he is moving and shooting back at you with the single-minded intent to end your life; and the adrenalin is flowing so hard and so fast that a normal person even forgets how to soil himself.

In other words, please get back to me when your very existence on this earth has been on the line if the BG won and if you lost.

-Bill
    Hey! Them paper targets can be pretty mean.

Hey! Them paper targets can be pretty mean.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I don't want to shoot anybody, but I also do not want to be herded into a place away from the main business area of the bank.
    These guys look really bundled up which makes it hard for them to see everything around themselves...that's good.
    This is one of those situations where 'you had to be there'.
    I'm not interested in a gunfight, but I am also not interested in 'checking out' earlier than expected.
    If I suspected that I was going to get shot anyway (one or two BG's), I don't care, at my age...I'm not leaving alone.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

I'm in ret's camp here,
    Its a await and see, for a short time; get a pulse on their attitude,
    but in the end run, if these chumps seem like they are hell bent on self-destruction, going down without a fight seems stupid

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
    Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
    Mathew Courtney
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock23MI View Post
    BTW, is it really ever cold enough in TX to need a giant coat like that and to have the hood pulled up? That would have set some alarms off for me right off the bat.
    We just had 13" of snow and pretty cold weather... for a couple of days anyway.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I don't want to shoot anybody, but I also do not want to be herded into a place away from the main business area of the bank.
    These guys look really bundled up which makes it hard for them to see everything around themselves...that's good.
    This is one of those situations where 'you had to be there'.
    I'm not interested in a gunfight, but I am also not interested in 'checking out' earlier than expected.
    If I suspected that I was going to get shot anyway (one or two BG's), I don't care, at my age...I'm not leaving alone.
    I'm going to get you to write all my posts for me. You do a much better job putting my thoughts into words than I do.

Shoot. Alot. Robbers come in, guns out, I am firing. And I am not thinking much about backstops. Or at least I will give backstops as much thought as cops do when they shoot.---None, to little---

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    Shoot. Alot. Robbers come in, guns out, I am firing. And I am not thinking much about backstops. Or at least I will give backstops as much thought as cops do when they shoot.---None, to little---
    Please tell me where you bank so I can avoid it at all costs.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Please tell me where you bank so I can avoid it at all costs.
    I think I'm going to avoid banking in KY, period.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    I think Maddyfish is kidding; at least I pray to god that he's kidding...

-Bill

What I'm actually wondering is how many people with a CCW have completely unrealistic expectations about not only a handgun's "instant" stopping power, but also about their own [in]accuracy potential when encountering an armed opponent, as well as the BG's possibly remorseless (and sometimes completely un-frightened) reaction to your "super manstopper" JHP rounds.

Add to that your own general physical/mental reactions during a lethal/violent encounter (i.e., loss of cooridination, the shakes, and a sudden and complete loss of any desire to become the new Rambo/John Wayne/Clint Eastwood type of hero.

-Bill
    The bold statement is what puts law abiding citizens and LE at a disadvantage in ANY encounter. Because the bad guys are already mentally prepared to shoot...and they have NO reasons to hesitate, whereas we must take into consideration ALL the things people have discussed here:

Legal and ethical considerations, backstop, proximity of bystanders, are they wearing body armor, element of surprise, etc. We have to run thru most or all of those things......and they do not. They just point and shoot at will.

Hopefully tho, the more we all read about and hear about more variables, the better and faster we will be able to react appropriately to a situation.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links