Would force have been ok to us here?

This is a discussion on Would force have been ok to us here? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hmmmmmm........ From the clothes the two are wearing I would assume (..and u know wot that means) they are going to ditch the outer garments. ...

View Poll Results: To/Not to shoot?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shot if safe backdrop

38 30.65%
  • Dont engage due to only wielding

38 30.65%
  • Engage because there is a gun wielded

48 38.71%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Would force have been ok to us here?

Hmmmmmm........ From the clothes the two are wearing I would assume (..and u know wot that means) they are going to ditch the outer garments. I would only attempt head shots - IF I HAD TO SHOOT! AND HAD THE ADVANTAGE.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    backpedalling is unattractive and at best revealing bubba...nothing in retsups post mirrors your sentiment at all...your posts are pro shoot regardless...retsup is looking for a no choice situation as most here are...

youre not the only one who wonders why some people carry...or what their actual motive to do so is...its very much a 2 way street...
    Backpedaling? Not hardly. He doesn't want to shoot, neither do I. Is he willing to let the bg control the situation? Doesn't sound like it to me. Is he going to shoot given the oppurtunity. I don't know, but it sounds like it to me.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to get the last word in. I'll post things from time to time to provoc a reaction and to try and see what others mindset is. I am not the best at typing, spelling or vocabulary. If a post of mine is misunderstood I won't always try to correct it. Discussion is a good thing even if you don't agree.

It does make me curious about people that repeatidily agree with any and all posts that senior members make. Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    I have not read all of the replies, so perhaps someone has already mentioned this, but what about a back-up guy among the customers, pretending to be a customer, but who is ready to back-shoot anyone who engages the visibly armed robbers? I am not saying one should not engage the robbers, but anyone who does so needs to keep this in mind.
    Very good point....Taken and stored in the mind vault.
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

Seems to me there are two issues: One, do you think the law allows you to shoot, and two, if you do, is it a good idea given the totality of circumstances. On issue one, the Texas Penal Code says that the use of deadly force is okay if you reasonably believe that the force is immediately necessary to protect yourself against the BG's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force or to stop the BG's imminent commission of, e.g., robbery or aggravataed robbery. Tex. Penal Code secs. 9.31 & 9.32. The protection of third persons issue looks like it would come into play here, too, sec. 9.33, and looks like it wouldn't change things.

Next issue is the one that appears to be addressed most above. I think I'd be ready to fire, rather than actually do it, since (I assume) they likely just want the money and will leave after they get it, and there are two armed BGs to deal with rather than just one. It appears that they did leave once they got the money and didn't hurt anyone. Tough call though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links