Before going in to get a CC

This is a discussion on Before going in to get a CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bing Well i've purchased the book that was recommended and have been viewing the sites you guys gave me links to and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Before going in to get a CC

  1. #31
    Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    Well i've purchased the book that was recommended and have been viewing the sites you guys gave me links to and have been doing some study of my own.
    However, i am no fool and when it comes to something as serious as this i'd rather be safe than sorry. Seeing as there are two pages now of people pretty much saying i shouldn't carry, i am going to respect those who known more than me and hold off on getting a CC permit. I'll keep studying and maybe in a few years i'll get one but i wont be getting one soon. Maybe i miss represented myself or maybe i represented myself correctly, but either way i see a lot of warning signs and i respect those and thank you all for you input and help.
    Good deal. Read the laws, the opinions, give it more thought and maybe get new friends, and I'm sure you'll make a responsible CCW holder someday
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array chiefjason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    i am going to respect those who known more than me and hold off on getting a CC permit.
    Maybe I'm missing something. I would actually suggest putting out the $75 and taking the class. YOu get a good booklet of info with a concise look at the laws, and several hours to ask a knowledgeable person about the laws. Just because you take the class does not mean you have to apply for the permit. And having the permit does not mean you have to carry. And keep reading good carry sites. I have gotten lots of good info on these boards.

    Most of the flack you have taken here is either because of poor examples of why you want to carry or poor understanding of what you can do when you carry. A CCP class is a quick way to get good info. Just my .02. It's a serious responsibility to carry a gun to defend yourself with. Just make sure you take it as seriously as you should. I think the class will help that.

  4. #33
    Member Array rickz301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something. I would actually suggest putting out the $75 and taking the class. YOu get a good booklet of info with a concise look at the laws, and several hours to ask a knowledgeable person about the laws. Just because you take the class does not mean you have to apply for the permit. And having the permit does not mean you have to carry. And keep reading good carry sites. I have gotten lots of good info on these boards.

    Most of the flack you have taken here is either because of poor examples of why you want to carry or poor understanding of what you can do when you carry. A CCP class is a quick way to get good info. Just my .02. It's a serious responsibility to carry a gun to defend yourself with. Just make sure you take it as seriously as you should. I think the class will help that.

    +1
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

  5. #34
    LLT
    LLT is offline
    Member Array LLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    Well i've purchased the book that was recommended and have been viewing the sites you guys gave me links to and have been doing some study of my own.
    However, i am no fool and when it comes to something as serious as this i'd rather be safe than sorry. Seeing as there are two pages now of people pretty much saying i shouldn't carry, i am going to respect those who known more than me and hold off on getting a CC permit. I'll keep studying and maybe in a few years i'll get one but i wont be getting one soon. Maybe i miss represented myself or maybe i represented myself correctly, but either way i see a lot of warning signs and i respect those and thank you all for you input and help.
    Now that is a very good response and indicative that you will be a solid CCW holder at some point. Take the class, see how you feel afterwards.

    Kudos to you.

  6. #35
    New Member Array Bing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10
    Thanks, i am going to take the class so i can get some hands on experience and get to ask any questions i might have. Knowledge is power and i'll learn all i can before i reopen this topic\idea of getting a CC permit. Ya'll have been more than helpful.
    "War does not decide who is right, but who is left."

  7. #36
    Ex Member Array Cold Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Carrollton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,059
    Many a sad man sits in prison tonight because he was defending a "friend", who may or may have not been a drunken drugged obnoxious stupid punk, who instigated an incident with his actions, bad behavior or mouth, east or west or north or south, girlfriends and boyfriends and jealous angry vengeful exes addding to the conflicts, be they educated, sophisticated or hicks from the sticks. I was and have been very lucky, now considering this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can a pistol be kept locked in a car on school grounds in south carolina?

,

nc can i get a ccw with dui's on my record

Click on a term to search for related topics.