CCW Permit revocation

CCW Permit revocation

This is a discussion on CCW Permit revocation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you commit a crime that violates your CCW permit, do they revoke your permit automatically or is it still valid until your expiration date?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

CCW Permit revocation

If you commit a crime that violates your CCW permit, do they revoke your permit automatically or is it still valid until your expiration date?
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

It depends upon the definition of violate. Did your violation involve not having your ID with you, but you do have a valid permit, or did you commit a felony?
    If you've done something to take a permit away...it's gone immediately whether they've actually taken it or not. If caught, IMHO, you would be charged with possessing an illegal CCW.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No felony jeesh, in NC the laws say that they can revoke a ccw, subsequent to a hearing, so if I dont hear anything is it still valid? And yes my permit is valid and carry it all the time. Got in a scuffle at a bar and told someone I was a police officer and tried to calm the situation. Didnt work and got charged with impersonating a cop. That screws my ccw. Maybe I should move to another state.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Depending on the state your in, impersonating a police officer may be a felony. If it is a felony your license is definitely gone. Moving to another state will do you no good, the felony conviction will be on your record and follow you.

As to your current permit, did they tell you your permit was suspended? If not I would say it is still in force, until your court date.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

In FL, as an example, if a driver's license is suspended for too many tickets or no proof of insurance and the person may not be aware of the suspension.
    If stopped, you can still be charged with driving on a suspended license unknowingly...(my son explained this one to me...).
    I'm sure that the CCW works the same way.

Why in the world would you pretend to be a cop? Not a good idea, obviously it was a 'brain fart' moment that could prove to be VERY costly.
    I would waste no time in taking out a loan and getting a good lawyer for this one...you don't want to have your CCW priviledges taken permanently away.
    There is a difference in blurting out I'm a cop in a heated moment (still not good), and pulling over people with a fake badge and car lights...a good attorney may just save your hide.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wllmandre View Post
    No felony jeesh, in NC the laws say that they can revoke a ccw, subsequent to a hearing, so if I dont hear anything is it still valid? And yes my permit is valid and carry it all the time. Got in a scuffle at a bar and told someone I was a police officer and tried to calm the situation. Didnt work and got charged with impersonating a cop. That screws my ccw. Maybe I should move to another state.
    A couple things.

First, it appears that under NC law your permit is not revoked until you plead or are adjudicated guilty: http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf

Second, you're not doing yourself any favor by posting an admission that you carried in a prohibited place and impersonated a police officer on a public website.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Rule# 17 "Don't be a hero"

Nobody needs to know you are anything... impersonating a cop is a felony. Please take my advice.... Do not post any more on this thread till you lawyer up and get your charge taken care of.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wllmandre View Post
    Got in a scuffle at a bar and told someone I was a police officer and tried to calm the situation. Didnt work and got charged with impersonating a cop. That screws my ccw. Maybe I should move to another state.
    Or...maybe you should not impersonate a police officer.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Step away from the bar, exit the establishment and go home. Place your carry piece in a secure place and rethink the entire strategy of carry for a while.

It looks like your still valid for now, but that doesn't mean its a good thing to keep on carrying daily.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Or...maybe you should not impersonate a police officer.
    Now there's the answer right there...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Carrying in a bar is looking for trouble. Saying your a cop and your not can get you killed by someone just to make a reputation for killing a cop then take your weapon.

Got in a scuffle at a bar and told someone I was a police officer and tried to calm the situation. Didnt work and got charged with impersonating a cop. That screws my ccw. Maybe I should move to another state.
    Hard to say about your permit without knowing your state laws. What is known however is that you made two foolish mistakes and the lessons here must be obvious to you now. Forgive me if I find it hard to drum up sympathy for you.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Step away from the bar, exit the establishment and go home. Place your carry piece in a secure place and rethink the entire strategy of carry for a while.

It looks like your still valid for now, but that doesn't mean its a good thing to keep on carrying daily.

When you stop to think don't forget to start again.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Senior Moderator
    Here is my take on it.

In "trying to stop a scuffle":

Did you have a vested interest in it?
    Was there someone you knew involved?
    Was someones life in real danger?
    Was your life in danger?
    Was losing your permit worth it?

In "impersonating a police officer":

Is it a felony or misdemeanor?
    What made you even attempt it?
    What made you even think you would get away with it?
    Was losing your permit worth it?

The fact that you tried to stop a scuffle sound honorable enough, especially in an age where most people refuse to act.

That was totally nullified when you interjected yourself as a cop and tried to act the tough man for a few scant minutes and that didn't work.

Now, to the police and likely to the courts, you are just another nut case police wannabe that will probably never have a permit again.

Rethink the situation.
    Had you acted to stop the fight without "impersonating a police officer", you would have an excellent chance of still owning a permit.

Now, most likely, the judge will say that your judgement skills were lacking enough that you wont get a permit for quite some time, if ever.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links