Now for the waiting game

This is a discussion on Now for the waiting game within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I mailed in my CWP application to SLED yesterday. Tracked it in the mail and it has made it to Columbia. Now the waiting ...

Thread: Now for the waiting game

Now for the waiting game

Well I mailed in my CWP application to SLED yesterday. Tracked it in the mail and it has made it to Columbia. Now the waiting game starts.

How long have others waited to hear back from SLED?

2. Remove Ads

75 to 90 days......Get yourself a good book (or two or three), practice your draw, dryfire, stance (for target shooting), trigger control, sight picture, etc in the comfort of your own space, get out to the range and run your EDC gun, make sure you are comfortable with your carry methods, etc etc etc and the time will pass quickly for you and before you know it..VOILA!!!...You will be rewarded in the mailbox when you least expect it!!! Good luck!! Make sure the pads on your wall are thick!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I feel ya

tunnelrat83,

I'm here in NC doing the same thing WAITING. My county is a solid 90days...no less. The really sad part is there are adjacent counties that have offered to help with the backlog to speed the process, and my county said no thanks????

Oh well...guess I'll just keep reading the DC forum post, and watching youtube gun reviews. Something that I've started to do lately is look to see if I can tell who around me is CC'ing... LOL..

Signed 36 days and counting!!!

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    My daughter's came back a few weeks ago in about 83 days.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Well it's been 38 days so far and in Oregon they have to get it to you in 45 days maximum by law, so they only have a week left to screw around before I get it.

Waiting is the hardest part, but you'll have it no time. Concentrate now on using a quality CC holster and wear it around the house. By the time your permit arrives, the holster will be as unnoticeable as your watch or wallet.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

keep yourself busy, 83 days was along time for my wife....
    its amazing how sled controls us ???????? there alfull lazy over there, don't want to work them too hard..
    florida sends out almost three times the permits and you still have it in less than two weeks....go figure ?

Hang in there man. As has been posted, take the time to learn up, gear up, and practice up. Just realized I'm on day 75 and expect 15 more. Apparently my county waits until exactly 90 days...because they can.

got mine in 78 days and my wife got hers in 77 days roughly and this was the first part of Feb.. Good luck with it From Greenville too!!
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

Links