My new setup - Well armed at a good price

This is a discussion on My new setup - Well armed at a good price within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rollo I have tried it both. It conceals OWB better then any other holster I have owned. I'm not sure why but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new setup - Well armed at a good price

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I have tried it both. It conceals OWB better then any other holster I have owned. I'm not sure why but it pulls the handle to my side extremely well without having to cinch my belt up super tight. It also make's the gun feel lighter then my other OWB holster. It probably has to do with how far apart the straps are set so it spreads the weight of the gun across more of the belt. It's also extremely easy on easy off both IWB and OWB.

IWB will be a toss up for some people. The thing about it that I LOVE is that it rides higher then other IWB holsters. I personally prefer this because I carry at 3:30 and other IWB ride so low that the barrel of the gun or bottom part of the holster pokes me in the bullocks which I find extremely uncomfortable. Overall IWB comfort for me is higher then with others because of the higher ride so I would say it's the most comfortable strap based IWB that I have worn. Others might disagree because of the higher ride. But honestly this holster will be worn OWB 90 percent of the time because it conceals so well OWB.
    Thanks Rollo, I think that you just sold a Carl Collins convertible holster . Having a convertible IWB/OWB holster that works sounds like a very good idea to me. One more question please, what is the cant angle of the holster? Their web page says that you can choose the cant.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Thanks Rollo, I think that you just sold a Carl Collins convertible holster . Having a convertible IWB/OWB holster that works sounds like a very good idea to me. One more question please, what is the cant angle of the holster? Their web page says that you can choose the cant.
    He will make it with any cant you like. Mine is a 22 degree which is the same as Mr. CC himself carries. I think 15 degree is standard "FBI cant" and while it works I find the steeper cant makes concealing the handle of the gun easier for skinny people.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Nice rig...congrats on some good choices.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    He will make it with any cant you like. Mine is a 22 degree which is the same as Mr. CC himself carries. I think 15 degree is standard "FBI cant" and while it works I find the steeper cant makes concealing the handle of the gun easier for skinny people.
    I agree with you; I think that 15 degrees is too little. I really like how that holster looks; I will call him on Monday. Thanks again Rollo.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I think you can find a good CCW/CCH belt for less money.

Here is one I am very impressed with and will place an order for next week.

The leather/Kydex combination makes for a thinnner belt with great stability.... for a great price.

Looper Reinforced Holster Belt
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

Not 100 percent finished yet but almost there. Last thing I need to do is replace my belt and I would like to pick up a multi tool. There's nothing really wrong with my current belt execpt that I'm on the last notch because I've lost 60 pounds since I purchased it. Would also like to some OC spray but I'm running out of room on my person haha.

Pictured setup is

Taurus PT145 - 350.00
    CRKT M-16-12Z Tanto Folding Knife - 22.95
    Streamlight Microstream Pocket Light - 14.95
    Carl Collins Convertible IWB/OWB Holster and Mag Pouch - 108.00

Not the best gear money can buy but I think it's a great setup for under 500.00. My new beltman will tack one another 100.00 but still, 600.00 dollars for a good setup I think is more then reasonable. You defenitly don't have to spend a fortune to be well armed!

PS - I'm going to do a review on the holster after I have worn it for a few more days but as of right now it's GREAT. Good quality, fast turn around time and good service.

Oh, and sorry for the crappy quality of the photos. The wife got the digital camera in the divorce lol.
    Nice

Got me thinking about how much my out on the town set up is..

Glock 21 or 30 $600
    crossbreed snapslide or qwickclip $55 or so
    Rossi .357 Bug $300
    -Pocket or ankle $30
    Leatherman $80
    Kershaw x 2 $120
    Surefire $120
    Rafter S belt $60

Drop the glock and thats what i carry at work. Nice to wear cargo pants at work. At work I also carry multiple speed loaders and first aid supplies and a S&W 911 rescue knife.

I do own a S&W Sigma in .40 and it is a great gun. Sometimes I replace a glock with it. Darn thing fits in any glock holster. Way to go S&W!

As long as your packing your good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I agree with you; I think that 15 degrees is too little. I really like how that holster looks; I will call him on Monday. Thanks again Rollo.
    No problem.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Good choices, all around

Looks like a complete rig for our time.

I understand about the family considerations. In laws can screw up an otherwise great relationship. Better to know early and avoid the heart ache later. "To thyself be true" is a good dictum. (Unless one is a complete and utter jerk, when it's best to take stock and change. That doesn't seem to be a problem here - but it's another good principle.)

And my heartiest congratulations on the body style change. He said noticing his own girth...
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

nice set up congrats. mine will be similar...Ruger SR9 Compact($403),Milt Sparks Summer Special($75),Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch belt($37), and a Kershaw Leek($29)= around $530???(adding in my head maths not my strong point). im just waiting on holster delivery...and I DO love that holster if the wife had not ordered me one id have been real interested in that!

I had been meaning to go back to that thread and update it but was kinda afraid someone was going to hunt me down and beat me lol. We went out a couple more times. On the third date she invited me in for "coffee". long story short she is a great girl and we will probably be friends but she had one major flaw that I just can't get over. She is a total slob. I am borderline OCD and my x-wifes slobness was a huge issue in our relationship. I promised myself I would never get involved with another slob. There aren't a lot of things to me that are deal breakers but being a slob is unfortuanetly number 1 on the list :(

Oh, and her family isn't to terribly enthuastic about "people of color" which is yet another thing I said I was NEVER going to do again as it caused a lot of issues with my x-wife.

EDIT/PS - She carried a colt new agent in a smart carry :)
    thats too bad but nothing wrong with knowing what you want and STICKING TO IT! I like that in a man! a person that sticks to his principals and knows if something just isnt right...keep looking you will find the right one and then you will be glad you didnt "settle"!

Nice rig Rollo.... If you like your current belt instead of a leather punch to make new holes I've always used a 22 shell casing and a hammer..

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbumcook View Post
    I think you can find a good CCW/CCH belt for less money.

Here is one I am very impressed with and will place an order for next week.

The leather/Kydex combination makes for a thinnner belt with great stability.... for a great price.

Looper Reinforced Holster Belt
    Thanks for the link. I may give them a shot.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Nice rig Rollo, and congrats on the weight! Too bad about the girl, but if you have any issues like that, better to find out early.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Very good looking setup, good news on loosing weight.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Great job on the weigh loss! And good taste on your set-up. Thanks for showing us..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links