My new setup - Well armed at a good price

This is a discussion on My new setup - Well armed at a good price within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not 100 percent finished yet but almost there. Last thing I need to do is replace my belt and I would like to pick up ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new setup - Well armed at a good price

My new setup - Well armed at a good price

Not 100 percent finished yet but almost there. Last thing I need to do is replace my belt and I would like to pick up a multi tool. There's nothing really wrong with my current belt execpt that I'm on the last notch because I've lost 60 pounds since I purchased it. Would also like to some OC spray but I'm running out of room on my person haha.

Pictured setup is

Taurus PT145 - 350.00
    CRKT M-16-12Z Tanto Folding Knife - 22.95
    Streamlight Microstream Pocket Light - 14.95
    Carl Collins Convertible IWB/OWB Holster and Mag Pouch - 108.00

Not the best gear money can buy but I think it's a great setup for under 500.00. My new beltman will tack one another 100.00 but still, 600.00 dollars for a good setup I think is more then reasonable. You defenitly don't have to spend a fortune to be well armed!

PS - I'm going to do a review on the holster after I have worn it for a few more days but as of right now it's GREAT. Good quality, fast turn around time and good service.

Oh, and sorry for the crappy quality of the photos. The wife got the digital camera in the divorce lol.
    Attached Images
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Get a leather punch, it's a good motivater to see how many new holes you can put in your belt........
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Nice setup. Can't argue with saving some money.

So are we ever gonna get an update on your date with that chick?
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Congratulations on loosing 60 pounds.
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    Get a leather punch, it's a good motivater to see how many new holes you can put in your belt........
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    Nice setup. Can't argue with saving some money.

So are we ever gonna get an update on your date with that chick?
    I had been meaning to go back to that thread and update it but was kinda afraid someone was going to hunt me down and beat me lol. We went out a couple more times. On the third date she invited me in for "coffee". long story short she is a great girl and we will probably be friends but she had one major flaw that I just can't get over. She is a total slob. I am borderline OCD and my x-wifes slobness was a huge issue in our relationship. I promised myself I would never get involved with another slob. There aren't a lot of things to me that are deal breakers but being a slob is unfortuanetly number 1 on the list :(

Oh, and her family isn't to terribly enthuastic about "people of color" which is yet another thing I said I was NEVER going to do again as it caused a lot of issues with my x-wife.

EDIT/PS - She carried a colt new agent in a smart carry :)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Good setup....and i really like that holster

We're all people of color Rollo. I'm a grayish beige.
    congrats on the weight loss and nice carry rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I had been meaning to go back to that thread and update it but was kinda afraid someone was going to hunt me down and beat me lol. We went out a couple more times. On the third date she invited me in for "coffee". long story short she is a great girl and we will probably be friends but she had one major flaw that I just can't get over. She is a total slob. I am borderline OCD and my x-wifes slobness was a huge issue in our relationship. I promised myself I would never get involved with another slob. There aren't a lot of things to me that are deal breakers but being a slob is unfortuanetly number 1 on the list :(

Oh, and her family isn't to terribly enthuastic about "people of color" which is yet another thing I said I was NEVER going to do again as it caused a lot of issues with my x-wife.
    Wow. So perfect yet so flawed. She doesn't seem appealing anymore.

By coffee are you referencing Grand Theft Auto? lol
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    Good setup....and i really like that holster
    I am extremely impressed with the holster. Was 65.00 and then I orderd a set of extra straps for IWB for 10.00 . To change the straps all you do is unscrew the screws and swap the straps out and it converts to IWB. Great holster and a great value. I got it in less then three weeks from the time of order AND he had to order a mold for my gun. Can't beat that for custom leather.

VIP Member
    Rollo,

Good rig! Don't let the hype on the forums fool you. Not many EDC $2500 guns and $500 in custom leather.

If you are comfortable and confident in what you have, go for it!

Oh, and congratulations on the 60lbs! That's great! Stay motivated.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Excellent! And definitely congrats on losing the 60, that is great.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Congrats on the weight loss, nice setup hope it serves you well. Keep looking she's out there lol!!!!!

GM
    Nice rig! Congrats.
    Sorry about the girl, but I totally understand and agree with you concerning the “slobbish” part (I am borderline OCD too). However, I had not cared about what here family or friends think because of the skin color.
    I am curious about the nice holster; did you wear the holster IWB and OWB yet?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Nice rig! Congrats.
    Sorry about the girl, but I totally understand and agree with you concerning the “slobbish” part (I am borderline OCD too). However, I had not cared about what here family or friends think because of the skin color.
    I am curious about the nice holster; did you wear the holster IWB and OWB yet?
    I have tried it both. It conceals OWB better then any other holster I have owned. I'm not sure why but it pulls the handle to my side extremely well without having to cinch my belt up super tight. It also make's the gun feel lighter then my other OWB holster. It probably has to do with how far apart the straps are set so it spreads the weight of the gun across more of the belt. It's also extremely easy on easy off both IWB and OWB.

IWB will be a toss up for some people. The thing about it that I LOVE is that it rides higher then other IWB holsters. I personally prefer this because I carry at 3:30 and other IWB ride so low that the barrel of the gun or bottom part of the holster pokes me in the bullocks which I find extremely uncomfortable. Overall IWB comfort for me is higher then with others because of the higher ride so I would say it's the most comfortable strap based IWB that I have worn. Others might disagree because of the higher ride. But honestly this holster will be worn OWB 90 percent of the time because it conceals so well OWB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links