wow mass. is crazy

This is a discussion on wow mass. is crazy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was attempting to apply for a MA LTC this week. $100 for 1 year, you have to apply in person every year in Chelsea,ma ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wow mass. is crazy

wow mass. is crazy

I was attempting to apply for a MA LTC this week.

$100 for 1 year, you have to apply in person every year in Chelsea,ma by appointment. Fingerprints, picture, etc...

I need a notarized letter from my local police chief vouching for my character since my state does not require a permit to carry and my other non-resident permits don't count for this. ( I think they do this just to upset us vermonters)

A certificate from a Massachusetts police certified instructor (which I have, but it's the concept)

$100 for 1 year that's outrageous, Then I have to drive back to Chelsea,ma (5 hours +) every year for renewal and another $100 donation to the commonwealth. Sorry I had to vent, MA drives me crazy in so many ways...I'm trying to decide weather it's worth it or not, I can carry every else in New England except MA.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

2. Remove Ads

Mic
    That BLOWS!
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Holy heck, that's a lot! It's like 65 bucks in Oregon, 50 for the license and 15 for the background check and it's good for 4 years and then it's a 50 dollar renewal!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    And I thought NY was bad. At least where I live the permit is "good until revoked". If my professional license wasn't tied to NY I would have been gone a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    And I thought NY was bad. At least where I live the permit is "good until revoked". If my professional license wasn't tied to NY I would have been gone a long time ago.

I know what you mean, I lived in New York. When I got laid off I had to get out of there.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

VIP Member
    Yeah, that is excessive for sure. Who knows, maybe California will see that cash-cow and decide that legally armed citizens may not be such a bad thing. They would do about anything for money these days, including allowing their residents to protect themselves.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I live in N.H. and work in Mass.Been thinking of applying but you have to have a good reason for them to issue the lic. Or they will turn you down I heard and personal defence isnt concidered a justifiable reason from what Ive heard . Not unless you carry large sums of cash .And maybe Im wrong but the application sounds like the 100 is an application fee and your charged even if you dont get it but maybe Im wrong in the way I read it. Still $100 a year is alot. Good luck if you decide to get it please let us know how you make out.

^ hmm that's interesting. I wonder if hiking in the Berkshire is a legitimate reason that's really all I go to mass for, maybe Boston on occasion. What would be considered a legitimate reason from you guys who already have a LTC in MA?

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    That is crazy but then again it's Mass.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Better than California! If I had to choose between CA and Mass. I would choose Mass.

As of August 1st, 2009:

1. Applicants will no longer be required to obtain finger prints from their local police dept

2. Applicants will no longer be required to obtain passport size photographs

-Firearms Records Bureau MA

They are easing it down a bit

Quote Originally Posted by SlackerDrago View Post
    As of August 1st, 2009:

1. Applicants will no longer be required to obtain finger prints from their local police dept

2. Applicants will no longer be required to obtain passport size photographs

-Firearms Records Bureau MA

They are easing it down a bit
    Right but they still do them at the office in Chelsea during the appt. they do them now instead of having you go get it done somewhere else and bring it to them.

did some thinking last night and decided MA isn't good enough for my $100 a year and an in person renewal. I rarely go there and this will give me more of a reason to stay away. When I pass through on my way to PA I'll just lock it up in the back. Some states really get to me with all there requirements, fee's , and hoop jumping.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    That's frustrating! Are you in MA enough to make it worth your while?
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    maybe California will see that cash-cow and decide that legally armed citizens..They would do about anything for money these days, including allowing their residents to protect themselves.
    Dreamer!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links