Anti article of the NRA convention

This is a discussion on Anti article of the NRA convention within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gddyup..... The NRA convention was held in Milwaukee, WI. Not NY....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti article of the NRA convention

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    Gddyup.....

The NRA convention was held in Milwaukee, WI. Not NY.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Hope he doesn't get the chance to breed !!
    Too late:

Michael Daly is the first American-born in his family. He attended 16 grammar schools. He graduated Yale University. He started journalism at Flatbush Life. He has published one novel, "Under Ground." He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhorse
    Gddyup.....

The NRA convention was held in Milwaukee, WI. Not NY.

That's what I get for trying to do too many things at once. I typed the wrong damn state! Whoops!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

I don't think there's a better example of the disparity between Urban and non-Urban culture in this country.

Steelhorse: that was a model letter you wrote. I only wish I could be that calm when writing my own.

An interesting thing to do would be to take the article and rewrite it as if someone were visiting a car show, say the annual Detroit auto show, and draw the same asinine points this "journalist" draws. It could be written that a child saw, say, a Dodge Viper, wanted to touch it, and his mom or dad said "that's a bit much for you, how about sitting in this little go-kart?" And then cite all the people killed by, in and with cars. When a child says "cool!" after looking at a big truck, then cite an accident when a child his age was killed by such a truck (and a drunk driver behind the wheel). Etc, etc.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    I'd love to see his stats on that one. Wonder how far back he had to go to get numbers that big? Especially the children.
    I suspect he went back only as far as his own posterior. Advanced Yoga and some grunting and pulling later, and his statistical data was in hand.

Matt

Sickening. Here's a question for the forum:

How come when I wrote a research paper in high school, I had to site references to prove facts and statistics that were used in my papers? I could have written some awesome papers if I could make up any statistic (like this "professional" writer) to prove my thesis!

On a more serious note, very nice letters Steelhorse and gddyup. Definately let us know if Mr. Daly responds (and post if possible).
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links