I got my Starbucks today... Did you? - Page 2

I got my Starbucks today... Did you?

This is a discussion on I got my Starbucks today... Did you? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; False - See link Holdcard...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    False - See link

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy07 View Post
    I got an interesting text message from my sister yesterday. I don't know how truthful/credible it is. Here is the message that she sent me.
    According to snopes, it's not only false, it's also been tried with other companies like Oscar Meyer.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Anytime I get these kinds of emails, I just assume they're false until I see some proof. They're almost always just internet rumours being spread by people that won't bother to use Google to do the simplest of research. This stuff can be very damaging and is very irresponsible.

Az

Quote Originally Posted by quincy07 View Post
    I got an interesting text message from my sister yesterday. I don't know how truthful/credible it is. Here is the message that she sent me.

FW: Fwd:Fwd: FWD:FWD: FWD: FWD:FWD:FWD..
    Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks!! Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the tr...

That's where it ended and I assume it goes on to say they won't send coffee to the troops. Again I dont know how true this is just found it kinda interesting.

FWIW:
    snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses Marines

This went around a couple times in E-mails/text messages for a couple years.
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I just looked up their environmental policy. What exactly is your problem with it?

Az
    Recycling is cool, which they are big proponents of...but they are clearly part of the global warming crowd...which is extremely anti-capitolistic and has become quite a religion for some, despite the evidence to the contrary, and the supressing and recent false evidence scandals. I believe that it's all bogus. This is not really the place for political discussions so I'll leave it as that as an answer to your question. A little internet research will get your more info.

You can start at their website...check out their carbon calculator if you're bored.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Starbucks is a safer place when I am there, but they will never know it directly. And I pick up these big bags of used coffee grounds for garden recycle!

I'm glad to hear that message I got is false. Thanks for letting me know

Starbucks supports our lifestyle on an equal footing with Wally world.

Anyone who believes that Starbucks' environmental policies are problematic should also look at Walmart's policies. You'd see that Walmart isn't exactly the best corporate entity when it comes to our national debt and importation of good from China (plus the fact that China/Asia has THE WORST air pollution in the world suggests that "green" isn't in their national interest at all).

Compared to that, Starbucks' "carbon footprint" is meaningless. Especially when you realize that "carbon footprint" is a political creation that has no meaning in the real world.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Glad they are standing with us on gun issues and I'll let them know.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

--while it's good that Starbuck's is taking this position, I'll continue my boycott until I have forgotten their support for anti-gunner Bill Clinton--

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rellimpank View Post
    --while it's good that Starbuck's is taking this position, I'll continue my boycott until I have forgotten their support for anti-gunner Bill Clinton--
    Just wondering if Starbucks is under the same leadership now as they were in the Clinton anti-gun era?
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Personally, I don't want my coffee (or other products) to come with a political agenda either way. "We follow local laws" is really the only defensible position.

Now, along the same lines, I don't want a dime from my coffee purchase being donated to Greenpeace either...

And, as a publicly traded company, profits made by Starbucks really belong to the shareholders anyway.

Thankfully a lot of other businesses realize that staying out of politics is favorable to getting 50% of the country angry with you.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    Just wondering if Starbucks is under the same leadership now as they were in the Clinton anti-gun era?
    Yes, Howard Schultz took over as the current CEO in 1982 and back at the helm since 2008. He was taking a reduced role for eight years but, the company faltered in 2008 so he came back as the CEO. I think some companies take whatever political stand that furthers their cause (make them money). In Seattle the "green" environmental stance plays well. The main question for us is weather the pro-gun stance plays well or is the real feelings of Schultz. Or does SBUX just not want to get involved on either side.

I don't care for all the green crap. I sent them a letter a week ago telling them that if they disallowed handgun carry in their store I would never give them another dollar. I am happy to see they are supporting pro gun efforts.

And I like SB. 7 times a week

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Starbucks supports our lifestyle on an equal footing with Wally world.

Anyone who believes that Starbucks' environmental policies are problematic should also look at Walmart's policies. You'd see that Walmart isn't exactly the best corporate entity when it comes to our national debt and importation of good from China (plus the fact that China/Asia has THE WORST air pollution in the world suggests that "green" isn't in their national interest at all).

Compared to that, Starbucks' "carbon footprint" is meaningless. Especially when you realize that "carbon footprint" is a political creation that has no meaning in the real world.
    I guess you haven't read the labels on products sold by Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, Cabelas, Bass Pro and others, not to mention RCBS-branded products and other reloading company's products.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Sounds good to me.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links