I got my Starbucks today... Did you?

This is a discussion on I got my Starbucks today... Did you? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Majorlk I guess you haven't read the labels on products sold by Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, Cabelas, Bass Pro and others, not ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got my Starbucks today... Did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I guess you haven't read the labels on products sold by Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, Cabelas, Bass Pro and others, not to mention RCBS-branded products and other reloading company's products.
    Actually I have some familiarity with those products. But I question what this has to do with the topic at hand.

The thrust of my comments is that Starbucks supports our lifestyle. So does Walmart. Walmart gets a lot of support on this forum IN SPITE OF the fact that they import mass quantities of cheap goods from countries that are not "green." Thus, boycotting Starbucks because of their "ungreen" policies is hypocritical when you also support Walmart for worse than anything that Starbucks has ever done.

But hey, I don't support Walmart. I don't shop there and I don't tell anyone else to shop there because I've seen firsthand what their corporate greed has done to local business. I've seen firsthand what their employment policies have done to local economies. And I've seen firsthand what their policies have done to employment opportunity in spite of what they claim.

I support Starbucks because my local stores are franchise stores owned by LOCAL business people who employ LOCAL workers for a fair and decent wage. And, they support my choice in lifestyle without giving me a hassle for it.

2. Remove Ads

Actually yes I went to Starbucks today. Bought a gift card for my wife. Told them I supported their weapons policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Thus, boycotting Starbucks because of their "ungreen" policies is hypocritical when you also support Walmart for worse than anything that Starbucks has ever done.
    You're missing the boat here. Check out Starbucks.com...they are all about the green (carbon counting, recycling, rain forest saving, etc...it's all over their website). It's even printed all over their coffee cups
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    Recycling is cool, which they are big proponents of...but they are clearly part of the global warming crowd...which is extremely anti-capitolistic and has become quite a religion for some, despite the evidence to the contrary, and the supressing and recent false evidence scandals. I believe that it's all bogus. This is not really the place for political discussions so I'll leave it as that as an answer to your question. A little internet research will get your more info.

You can start at their website...check out their carbon calculator if you're bored.
    My wife works for Starbucks, so my perspective is a little different.

I don't see them as pro-gun or anti-gun, so much as pro-law. To me, this is something we should expect from corporations as standard practice. I sent them a note thanking them for allowing carry within their stores were permitted by law, and for not caving in to a small, but vocal, minority that stands against personal freedom and individual rights.

As for supporting the military, not only do they donate their own beans for the mess halls and tents, they quietly encourage customers to donate, collect donations, and send those along, as well. Most recently, they took customer suggestions and worked out a deal to have donations of their new freeze-dried instant coffee packets added to MRE's and/or distributed directly to the troops.

Global climate change is a fact. Thing is, it always has been. What isn't clear is how it is changing, now, or why, and how much of the change is anthropogenic. A lot of rational, reasonable people have been duped by idealogues masquerading as scientists. In the end, it really doesn't matter. I look at the Starbucks "shared planet" philosophy, and what they are actually doing (and what they aren't), and I find nothing objectionable. Looks like good, old-fashioned, corporate enlightened self-interest, to me. It reduces waste, improves the bottom line, attracts customers, and helps the environment.

I'm just glad they are as friendly and happy to see me when I'm carrying openly, as when I'm carrying concealed.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I cant afford their coffee, plus there is not one around here in the sticks, but good for them.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

GM
    E-mail sent.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I actually went to Starbucks twice today. Alas, I don't think guns are my only addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by quincy07 View Post
    I got an interesting text message from my sister yesterday. I don't know how truthful/credible it is. Here is the message that she sent me.

FW: Fwd:Fwd: FWD:FWD: FWD: FWD:FWD:FWD..
    Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks!! Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the tr...

That's where it ended and I assume it goes on to say they won't send coffee to the troops. Again I dont know how true this is just found it kinda interesting.

Haha, it's obviously not from Starbucks when it reads they don't support anyone in the war. No way that gets past the PR checkpoint.

But, yeah, way to go Starbucks!
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Not today but I will grab a cup tomorrow!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Was at work today, no SB in sight. Maybe tomorrow.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I sent Starbucks a letter expressing my approval and received a thank you reply

Due to Starbuck's being anti God and promoting such I will never enter one of their establishments no matter what their stance is on gun control issues. While I'm a strong pro gun advocate I will never accept their stance on what is more important to me and my family.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

Quote Originally Posted by TH48 View Post
    Due to Starbuck's being anti God and promoting such I will never enter one of their establishments no matter what their stance is on gun control issues. While I'm a strong pro gun advocate I will never accept their stance on what is more important to me and my family.
    You don't shoot a Kahr I bet.

I have no agenda. I'm selfish. I like their product, and just because I don't agree with some of their politics doesn't mean I'm going to deprive myself of a simple pleasure. I've been a customer for a long time, will continue to be a customer until I see a Hare Krishna behind the counter trying to convert me. The fact that they have declared themselves willing to subscribe to the local laws vis a vis concealed carry has no influence on my choice to buy their products. I don't see that as particularly extraordinary. It's more anti-exclusionary as far as I'm concerned. They are neither heroes nor heels as far as I'm concerned.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Sent them an email yesterday after reading the OP, then later in the day went to the closest Starbucks for a large Mocha and pastry. Today, got the following email reply:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

For Starbucks, the safety of our customers and partners is a paramount concern. We will continue to adhere closely to local, state and federal laws and the counsel of law enforcement regarding this issue. We have existing security protocols in place to handle situations related to safety in our stores.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective.

Warm Regards,

Alyssa R.

Customer Relations

Starbucks Coffee Company

800 23-LATTE (235-2883)

Monday through Friday, 5AM to 6PM (PST)"

Appears to be standard "PR speak" designed not to offend anyone.

Actually, I think the mochas at Micky Ds taste better and are cheaper, but Starbucks is close to a university and the scenery there between the coeds and yuppies beats McDs.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links