I got my Starbucks today... Did you?

This is a discussion on I got my Starbucks today... Did you? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Because of Starbucks reaction to this... http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...gn-whines.html A number of gun bloggers have been suggesting that today (2/21/2010) be national Starbucks appreciate day. And for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got my Starbucks today... Did you?

I got my Starbucks today... Did you?

Because of Starbucks reaction to this...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...gn-whines.html

A number of gun bloggers have been suggesting that today (2/21/2010) be national Starbucks appreciate day. And for gun owners to go in place an order and explain why they are there

Joe Huffman suggests telling the local folks, but Iím going to tell Starbucks corporate as well.

Contact Form | Starbucks Coffee Company

2. Remove Ads

I even upgraded and purchased a ceramic cup!
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

sent them my letter
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

Just sent off a letter to their HQ. I've never been much of a Starbucks fan before and told them so, but also told them I will be frequenting their local establishments in the future and exactly why they have gained a new customer! As soon as I get off the computer, I'm going to go get my morning coffee from the closest Starbucks, and tell them why I am there as well.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I tend to avoid starbucks based on their "environmental" and "green" stances. This is nice to hear though.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Sent my letter also.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

TRIED to send a letter, but the link does not work anymore...for ME anyway!

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    I tend to avoid starbucks based on their "environmental" and "green" stances. This is nice to hear though.
    I just looked up their environmental policy. What exactly is your problem with it?

Az

New Member Array Willfully Armed's Avatar
    crap coffee and average Espresso......I have no reason to go.
    WWW.MIDWESTGUNTRADER.COM (its free!)

IDPA sharpshooter SSP, NRA member. jackass

CMR
    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    Same here. Plus their coffee is way overrated. Nothing compares to good old gas station coffee to go.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

I always stop by to get myself a Grande Cappuccino.

I sent them an e-mail to request them to support us and one now to thank them.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I got an interesting text message from my sister yesterday. I don't know how truthful/credible it is. Here is the message that she sent me.

FW: Fwd:Fwd: FWD:FWD: FWD: FWD:FWD:FWD..
    Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks!! Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the tr...

That's where it ended and I assume it goes on to say they won't send coffee to the troops. Again I dont know how true this is just found it kinda interesting.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    What ********. Starbucks donates much coffee to the military. In Seattle they have a case to put the donated bags in. In Tucson the same thing. I am at Ft. Huachuca and everyone I talk to has gotten free Starbucks coffee in A-Stan.

EdC
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy07 View Post
    I got an interesting text message from my sister yesterday. I don't know how truthful/credible it is. Here is the message that she sent me.

FW: Fwd:Fwd: FWD:FWD: FWD: FWD:FWD:FWD..
    Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks!! Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the tr...

That's where it ended and I assume it goes on to say they won't send coffee to the troops. Again I dont know how true this is just found it kinda interesting.
    Took me all of 30 seconds to find out that it's not true at all, just by googling "Marines Starbucks" Here's the link:snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses Marines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links