1 EDC or do you rotate?

This is a discussion on 1 EDC or do you rotate? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One carry gun. And yes it is my nightside bed too. XD9sc (Prefer the shotgun for the house though in a apartment dont wanna take ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1 EDC or do you rotate?

One carry gun. And yes it is my nightside bed too. XD9sc (Prefer the shotgun for the house though in a apartment dont wanna take out a neighbor)
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I am 99% XD9sc. I just got a Taurus TCP that was pocket carried for the first time to church yesterday. and was probably the first time in the last year or more that the XD wasn't strong side.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I'm a one gun kinda guy. Well, for carry anyway. It's a Glock 26, and I use it for everything, carry, car, and nightstand.
    Question Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I've just kind of been wondering. Do you have one primary carry that you carry the majority of the time or do you have multiple guns in a "carry rotation"?

Another question. If you have a single primary carry is that gun also your "nightstand" gun?
    I dont know when I had the Glock I had to rotate because there were times the Glock was just too big or bulky or uncomfortable so Id carry a Taurus CH85 revolver because it carries better than the Glock 23 used to. but since I just got the Ruger SR9c I may well be able to carry that full time and truly "retire" the CH85 to be the wife's house gun and set it up with a set of Crimson Trace grips...but the Ruger is both thinner and smaller than the Glock 19/23 is so should carry better

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    I am 99% XD9sc. I just got a Taurus TCP that was pocket carried for the first time to church yesterday. and was probably the first time in the last year or more that the XD wasn't strong side.
    how do you like the TCP(that is their new smaller .380 isnt it kinda like the Ruger LCP???) I may get that...do you think in a PROPER HOLSTER(pocket type) its light enough to carry in sweats or wind type pants to just lounge around on your day off or throw in a pair to make a quick trip to the store for Milk or something??? Did it come with any kind of holster/holder or am I totally off here...hope I dont have the totally wrong gun im thinking about lol.

GLOCK 19 everyday and in the lock box on the nightstand at night.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I go between a S&W 39-2 9mm and a Rossi M69 .38spl, just depends on how i feel that day.

The Rossi is smaller and easier for concealment if I'm wearing lighter clothing.

The S&W, a bit larger and harder to conceal, usually have it when wearing heavier clothing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

My main carry gun is a Glock 23 but I switch to a G27 in summer for better concealability. Whichever one is not being carried is stashed in my living area and easily accessible. Night stand gun is my old S&W .357 hanging on the bedpost but is only intended for use to get the 10 feet to my 870 12 gauge.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I've just kind of been wondering. Do you have one primary carry that you carry the majority of the time or do you have multiple guns in a "carry rotation"?

Another question. If you have a single primary carry is that gun also your "nightstand" gun?
    Primarily 1 EDC, occasionally a smaller more concealable weapon when needed.

My primary EDC is my nightstand weapon.

One gun. One holster type. One carry position.

At first, I rotated 4 guns - all of which were decidedly different in operation and round count. I decided to do the best job of defending myself and my family, I needed to KNOW what gun I had and where it was on any given day. I don't want to take the split second it takes to remember which gun I have, how it operates, how many rounds it holds, what type of holster it's in and where it is on my body.

One gun, one holster, one place - every day, every time.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    At first, I rotated 4 guns - all of which were decidedly different in operation and round count. I decided to do the best job of defending myself and my family, I needed to KNOW what gun I had and where it was on any given day. I don't want to take the split second it takes to remember which gun I have, how it operates, how many rounds it holds, what type of holster it's in and where it is on my body.
    This makes sense, but I'm not really so worried given the thousands of rounds and tens of thousands of dry fire/empty draw practices I've done. In my mind, multiple batteries of arms are fine as long as you practice all of them sufficiently.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I don't rotate. My EDC is a G36 and it's on my nightstand every night. This gun is compact enough to go with anything I wear and is so lite for me that I forget I'm wearing it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    One gun. One holster type. One carry position.

One gun, one holster, one place - every day, every time.
    This does make sense, and I have recently consolidated my handguns all to semi auto, no external safeties, just pull trigger.
    Glock 26, Kel teck p3AT, and Beretta 92D. I never carry the 92D, I mostly take the G26, and only when absolutely needed the P3at.

Just one. One sight alignment, one trigger, one recoil.
    Agreed. Just one Glock for every purpose. Additionally, my rotation would just be to a different Glock, all of which have exactly the same holster, same sights, same manual of arms, similar grip, similar feel, similar alignment, etc.. I guess I'm old enough I just don't want to change much in my life. I took up pistol shooting so late too, why learn something different? I only have so many brain cells.......

I carry the same gun in the same holster in the same body location at all times, summer or winter. It is also my nightstand gun.

The reason: Familiarity is key under high stress situations, and anyone who rotates around with different holsters, carry locations, and/or guns, will be in a world of hurt during an assault, as they try to think; "Heck, where did I put my piece? Oh, thank god, I found it -- it's in my waistband holster; but is it my Level 1 retention holster or my friction-fit kydex? Oh, it's in my Kydex, but is it my 1911 in Condition 1 or is it my Glock? Oh good, it's my Glo…". Then, your train of thought -- and your life -- may end about right there, because you will probably be carrying around about three or four JHP's in your chest by that point.

-Bill

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links