1 EDC or do you rotate? - Page 5

1 EDC or do you rotate?

This is a discussion on 1 EDC or do you rotate? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; E.D.C. is either a sig p229 or p239 in 357...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    E.D.C. is either a sig p229 or p239 in 357

Most of the time I carry my Kel Tec 9mm p11, but also have my Taurus U/L 85. I like both guns.

Don't know if this was said or not yet, but there is an old saying "Beware of the man that only has 1 gun, for he probably knows how to use it". I fall into that category
    Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended

Quote Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
    Don't know if this was said or not yet, but there is an old saying "Beware of the man that only has 1 gun, for he probably knows how to use it". I fall into that category
    I second that! Great quote.

-Bill

Night stand gun is a G21SF with a M3 light. Back-up is a G21 w/o a light.
    Main carry is a 1911 ( any one of the 6 that is clean) or a G30. Sometimes I use one of the HP's.
    Bug is a PPS 9mm, G26, G27, Colt DS, S&W342PD or S&w60.
    Backup BUG is KT P3AT, PPK, KT P-32 or NAA guardian.
    So YES, I do rotate my carry gun.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I believe in that quote 100%!!!!!!

I have one handgun and I can take it apart, load it, fire it and never have to worry about "which gun I have".... all blind folded!!!

Practice makes perfect and if I train on only one gun for Self-defense, then I have a better chance of stopping a threat when I am under duress and stress.

My Crossbreed holster will conceal IWB my weapon just fine and whether I have coat or shirt, I can cover it up just fine.

But again, that is me.... now... I do not want to go about some of you with several guns on your person... and have you shot me with a 45 7 - 10 times... then finish me off with 16+ rounds of 9mm... and then a 38 in the head to ensure a complete kill!!!

When the DA asked the self-defense shooter on the stand...
    "Why did you shoot the victim 10 times?"

The self-defense witness commented...
    "When I pulled the trigger the 11th time it just went click."

Me, I carry a Springfield XDm-40. It holds 16+1 and hopefully the Hornady "Critical Defense" hollow-point ammo (newest ammo they make) will stop anything/anyone I will encounter (I hope).

Here is link to the new Hornady Critical Defense Ammo (Released January 2010):
    http://www.hornady.com/store/40-S-an...tical-Defense/

This new ammo is better at going through heavy coats and mutliple layers of clothing (it has a polymer tip in the hollow-point). Hornady's TAP ammo(180gr) is what LEO's use and is FBI standard's compliant. Either is a GREAT choice!!!!!
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I've just kind of been wondering. Do you have one primary carry that you carry the majority of the time or do you have multiple guns in a "carry rotation"?

Another question. If you have a single primary carry is that gun also your "nightstand" gun?
    I use one primary carry pistol, it does not get rotated or carried different day to day...I always keep it the same for consistency.

Yes, my primary carry pistol is also my nightstand pistol, along with my 870 Express Mag and a 100lb dog....and my wife's Pistol is on her side.

I usually carry my Glock 19 in cooler weather and my Ruger LCP in warmer weather. When I am out in the woods bumming around, then I carry one of my two revolvers, either the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special, or my ever trusty Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum.
    God bless our troops!

Then again, that "one gun" might be sitting in the drawer unfired since it was bought ten years ago.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post
    Then again, that "one gun" might be sitting in the drawer unfired since it was bought ten years ago.

Ken

I guess there are 2 sides to every coin. Mine rarely is out of arms reach and is at the range twice a month on average. that is a lot of practice and firing in ten years. Not to mention being comfortable with your weapon. I think you'd have more of an opportunity to have an unfired weapon for 10 years if you had a cache. 30 guns makes it difficult to get proficient with any of them.
    Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended

I am now carrying a G30 about 50% of the time and a Ruger SP101 DAO 2.25" the rest. Two very different guns but they fit their roles perfectly... SP101 is for deeper concealment.

99% of the Time - Glock

1% of the time, where no one can possible find out - Snub in pocket
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

I switch between a Glock 19, a P7M8, or a 1911 as my primary, depending on my mood. No matter what I always carry my Kel Tec .32 as my BUG. Normally all are in FIST or Brommeland IWB holsters.

Occasionally for showing off purposes I will carry my S&W 610 openly at the gunshop, and sometimes my fancy S&W 40 in nickle for BBQ or church or such.

I have a dedicated nightstand pistol, a Glock 17 that retired from the rental range. Kept with a Procyon light, night sights, and a couple of good magazines in a quick-access safe. Around the house I usually lock up the primary and just keep the Kel Tec in my pocket.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    4 carry choices here, based on what the day brings. 3 of the 4 are revolvers, all work the same way, the fourth a 1911, the only one with a thumb safety.
    Most often my EDC is one of the revolvers, on some occasions I carry the 1911, but I do practice at the range and at home with all of then and regularly.
    The home drills are unloaded dry fire practice and draw, cover, point type drills. I set a timer, at random intervals, holster the empty firearm and go about my day. When the timer goes off I move to whatever cover is nearest, draw and present as if somebody had just broke in.
    Practice is very important to me, if I don't feel comfortable with a firearm and my skill with it, I don't carry it.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Every handgun I own has a holster but these five see regular belt time.

G27
    G23
    M&P40
    357 Speed Six
    Rossi 38

Yesterday, G27. Today its the M&P. There isn't any real schedule; I just put on what I feel like wearing.

2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links