What's your carry system when in your car?

This is a discussion on What's your carry system when in your car? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mainly if you are going to carry IWB and you get in your car, do you just wear it normally and if you have to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your carry system when in your car?

What's your carry system when in your car?

Mainly if you are going to carry IWB and you get in your car, do you just wear it normally and if you have to draw you deal with reaching back and getting it or do have any special thing you do?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

2. Remove Ads

In the winter months I carry in a shoulder rig. In the summer in a belly band. The summer carry can get tough, but a holster in between the seat and console works great.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    In the car I rely on pepper spray and the gas pedal... if I'm forced to I can pop the seatbelt and pull my revolver.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

GM
    Just my every day's CC system.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Just as normal. I don't want to have to mess with holstering/unholstering or anything else. As mentioned above, SD option #1 when driving is the gas pedal. If that can't be used, I can still draw even from behind the clipped seatbelt.

For long drives (multiple hours) sometimes I unclip the holster from my belt and set it on the passenger seat, or in the center console (for comfort). I always put it back on before getting out at a rest stop or to get gas, etc.

Of course, half the time on long drives I instead have to unload it and lock it up in the back
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I carry in the appendix position. It allows easier access to the weapon while buckled up.

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Just my every day's CC system.
    plus my defensive driving skills.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Quote Originally Posted by Levathain View Post
    Mainly if you are going to carry IWB and you get in your car, do you just wear it normally and if you have to draw you deal with reaching back and getting it or do have any special thing you do?
    yeah normally thats what I do...I may make sure that that side is "untucked" so I can get a better grip and quicker than fumbling through a sweatshirt and jacket but yeah normally...now I carry at about 3 when im driving so im not sitting on it...so its not totally blocked either.

it depends on where i'm going or who i'm with. normally however if i'm already CC when i get in the truck i stay CC. I figure if need be a V-8 moving 6500 pounds of American steel will beat a few .357 mag rounds any day. If i'm going to work or if my back is bothering me that day then the gun goes in the center consol

Depends on where I'm traveling and how far. Mostly normal edc. In some areas I will move the gun to a Galco deep concealment and slide it under my leg. My leg conceals it and the holster protects the trigger. It's mighty comforting in that position, I don't have to move to lay my hand on the grip, and its still concealed.
    I reject your reality, and insert my own.

If it comes to it, I have my gun in an OWB Crossdraw holster. It's hard to beat while driving if you ask me. Sometimes I have a holstered handgun jammed between the seat and the shifter console. Like others have said, I'll try to drive away if possible.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I leave my CC where it is (I can reach it while in the driver's seat), if necessary I'll go to the spare in the console.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    For long drives (multiple hours) sometimes I unclip the holster from my belt and set it on the passenger seat, or in the center console (for comfort). I always put it back on before getting out at a rest stop or to get gas, etc.
    I learned about this the hard way. I did this for a while, then had to make a defensive driving maneuver one time, and had the gun fly across the seat and get lodged down between the seat and passenger's door.

Even for long drives, I now usually carry at 3:00 as normal. If I decide to have it off-body for a long drive, it goes in my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack in the ccw compartment, and secured tightly to the back of the passenger seat.

Now, if ihave to make a maneuver, it's still where I need it.

If I'm going to be in the car for an extended period, I wear my shoulder holster for fall and winter time. In the spring/summer it would be IWB Crossbreed or my SERPA CQC set up for cross draw paddle configuration.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Always at 3:00. Sometimes, depending on situation I will carry a BUG crossdraw in a $44 Bianchi 100 Proffessional clip on IWB.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links