SC Concealed Queston?

SC Concealed Queston?

This is a discussion on SC Concealed Queston? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to my local Mall today and I saw no concealed wepons sign on and entrance door and some doors did not have no ...

Question SC Concealed Queston?

I went to my local Mall today and I saw no concealed wepons sign on and entrance door and some doors did not have no concealed wepons sign on it. Does that mean @ all entrance.? For example Belks did not have one? Does that mean you can go in where there is no concealed wepons sign @ entrance?
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't know for sure, but I think that every entrance has to be marked. The next time you're there, see if there's a sign going into the mall as you leave Belks. I guess Belk might allow carry and the mall prohibit it. In either case, double check with some one who knows what they're talking about, and don't just take my word for it.

My thing is, what if someone goes into the mall @ & entrance where there no sign and did not know they are signs on other doors. What happens then if someone sees your gun for example, hope this don't happens and calls the police and @ the entrance you entered did not have no sign?????? Then what? Who fault is it?
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP

VIP Member
    I think the mall would be at fault, the signs, as I understand it must be posted at all entrances, be of the required size(8.5x11) and required wording and symbols, or it doesn't meet the law.

Per the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) webiste:

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.

(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:

(1) thirty six inches wide by forty eight inches tall in size;

(2) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black three inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;

(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety six inches above the ground;

(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Is it okay to go in where there are no signs? The signs are illegal, if someone is carrying a goes into that mall not knowing that there are no concealed wepons signs on some doors and they wepon is spotted they are going to have some big issues!!!!! I don't know? What do you think?
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    Per the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) webiste:

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.

(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:

(1) thirty six inches wide by forty eight inches tall in size;

(2) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black three inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;

(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety six inches above the ground;

(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    foots...read the above slowly and carefully. It answers your question. It MUST be posted at ALL entrances/any point of entry or it's not valid. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Exactly....it has to be of legal size AND post on EVERY entrance of the building.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    foots.....do you mind posting what mall it is?
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Aiken Mall located in Aiken SC.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP

I would not patronize those stores with signs, I would spend my money elsewhere.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Same scenario at the Grand Strand Mall in Myrtle Beach. Signs attached on the sliding doors at mall entrances and none on Belks or Sears.
    I always CC'd when I lived there.
    Signs weren't legal.

Links