Another motorcycle carry question - Page 2

Another motorcycle carry question

This is a discussion on Another motorcycle carry question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for all the tips guys. Still searching for a good deal on a bike. I am sure one will come along. Mike...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another motorcycle carry question

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Thanks for all the tips guys. Still searching for a good deal on a bike. I am sure one will come along.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Please forgive the slightly off-topic post, but what kind of bike are you looking for?
    I am selling a Big Dog Pitbull for $16,000. Contact me if you are interested and want details.

photo

Good luck.
    Last edited by sarhog; May 27th, 2006 at 12:17 AM.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

I'm probably the only one that owns a sportbike here and I also don't have any problems w/o a retention strap on my iwb carry. I've even carried Mexican this way with no issues. It may not be super comfortable, but I'm happy to know it's there.

EDIT: I carry a Px4 which is a full size pistol, so that might make a difference to some of you that carry smaller weapons.

[QUOTE=SammyIamToday]I'm probably the only one that owns a sportbike here and I also don't have any problems w/o a retention strap on my iwb carry. [QUOTE]

Nope. I have a couple of sportbikes and carry as well. If just out and about for a quiet ride(read helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots, OWB strong side kidney w/o retention strap in my Beltster.) If going on a "spirited ride" (full leathers-one piece), I carry in a leftie shoulder holster inside my leathers.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I carry in a motorcycle tank bag.

The bag is right in front of me, and I can access the Kahr MK9 as fast or faster than if I was wearing it under my protective gear.

I've hit the ground twice while riding (several years back). Even my reading glasses, kept in a shirt pocket underneath my jacket, left a scrape and bruise on my chest. I don't even want to think of what a large, metal object on my side would have done.

Ron

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I put about 15k miles a year on my scoot and in the summer its a Sparks SS2 IWB w/o a retention strap covered by a t-shirt. During the winter I wear a shoulder holster under my leather jacket. If your going to use a t-shirt and either OTB or ITP holster, I suggest that you get use to "sitting" on the tail of your t-shirt or someone will make a phone call and you'll get to visit with one of my uniformed brothers explaining your "flashing" your weapon. I know its BS but trust me there are people out there who will complain.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Sarhog
    That is a sweet bike but need something the wife and I can ride on weekend trips.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks to all of you that have shared your tips with me.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links