Ruger Guns - Page 3

Ruger Guns

This is a discussion on Ruger Guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Glock also, but Ruger makes a good weapon with lifetime repair service too. I have one of their new LCR w/laser that ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Guns

Ruger makes a good weapon

I carry a Glock also, but Ruger makes a good weapon with lifetime repair service too. I have one of their new LCR w/laser that I carry on most work days with 5, +5 rounds in a speed strip using .38 Hornaday Critical Defense. It is super light and conceals very well. My son is an attorney and carry's an LCP in a pocket carry holster. It is very small, also very light weight and loaded with 7 rounds of .380 Hornaday Critical Defense.
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

I forgot that I have the Mark III, a cheaper black .22 target pistol. The stainless steel one looks too pretty to shoot...but it sure looks good and has to be a sensible investment.

A friend of mine CC's a p90. He's a 300 lb man so his frame hides it easily. The p series Rugers are uber reliable.

I own 3 Rugers and all have been great guns.
    P90-DC .45
    LCP
    Mark III Bull Barrell target model

Back in the days when LEO's HAD to carry revolvers, my off duty/plain clothes/court gun was a blued Ruger Speed Six 2.75" bbl. (We had to carry 6 shooters under that sheriff) I regret to this day ever letting that weapon out of my possession. My last duty revolver prior the department transitioning to the Glock was a Ruger GP-100 4" stainless.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Did I already reply to this one? Or, did you cross-post by asking the same question in multiple places?

My wife has a Ruger LCP .380 that she carries.

Co-workers of mine also have Rugers, they are as follows Mark II, Mark III .22 and a .45 acp.
    All of them fine handguns. Ruger is good quality, you can't go wrong owning one.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

My first pistol was a Ruger P-95. Love that gun, and I plan to keep it forever, except that I may pass it down to one of my kids some day.
    I carried it with no problems, and then I got my Kimber 1911, and the Ruger stays in the safe or range bag.
    I did carry the P-95 again for a few weeks last summer, and it was like an old friend.
    If you have unlimited $$, you can probably find something better, but you will not go wrong with a Ruger.
    It's like an old pick up truck. It may not be fancy, but it will get the job done EVERY TIME, and you will always be glad you have it.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Excellent guns. Most will agree that they are a heavy gun and some don't like to use them for concealed carry. I however carry a Ruger P94 (9mm) on a regular basis. I qualified in 1996 with it for my carry permit. I have found with a good strong belt and holster I can carry it all day long and then some. I switch back and forth to my other firearms but the ole Rug has never ever let me down...Just my .5 cents worth...
    "Rhino"

I carry Glocks but I would feel very well "dressed" carrying a Ruger handgun. I own quite a few Rugers and love them all. From time to time I've carried my Ruger P90 (.45 caliber)....... When you carry a handgun this size you don't have to worry about going the the gym...... because they are HEAVY........

My P90 has NEVER failed to fire in the almost two decades I've had her. With the exception of using some really bad military surplus ammo in my P85 MKII this 9mm hand gun has been super reliable. And on the revolver side either of my SP101's make good companions.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Oh yes, we are vacationing in Florida...... (from Colorado)... Brought along two Glocks and the P90 for traveling companions......

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by FastDraw View Post
    From time to time I've carried my Ruger P90 (.45 caliber)....... When you carry a handgun this size you don't have to worry about going the the gym...... because they are HEAVY........
    I keep hearing this, that the Ruger autoloaders are HEAVY. Sorry to burst your bubble, they are NOT heavy. They are alloy guns and the P90 weighs 33 ounces. This compares to 38-42 ounces for a 1911 or an all stainless Sig P220, 54+ ounces for a Super Redhawk. It's even lighter than the 9mm CZ-75B.

Yes, they feel big, but they are not excessively heavy. They are good reliable guns.

Ken

cmb
    own 5 have shot many more, they make some of the best firearms IMO, really want to add an Alaskan and SP101 3".

ruger's are excellent guns for CC. i been carrying mines for months.
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

Quote Originally Posted by pretty ruger View Post
    ruger's are excellent guns for CC. i been carrying mines for months.
    You carry MINES?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links