Ruger Guns

This is a discussion on Ruger Guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hubby bought me a Ruger LCP for Valentine's Day. Keep the flowers, candy and bling. My man bought me a gift that keeps on giving...me ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Guns

Hubby bought me a Ruger LCP for Valentine's Day. Keep the flowers, candy and bling. My man bought me a gift that keeps on giving...me security. It is two tone...raspberry and black. Sweet.

I wanted one because during Christmas shopping I carried his. Easy to carry in jeans pocket and easy to access. I usually carried a revolver...another ruger five shot. I carried it in my concealed carry purse, but it is heavy when shopping. I still love my revolver, but now it sits next to my sewing basket as home defense. The LCP is great carry weapon.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    You carry MINES?
    yea i carry mines
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post
    I keep hearing this, that the Ruger autoloaders are HEAVY. Sorry to burst your bubble, they are NOT heavy. They are alloy guns and the P90 weighs 33 ounces. This compares to 38-42 ounces for a 1911 or an all stainless Sig P220, 54+ ounces for a Super Redhawk. It's even lighter than the 9mm CZ-75B.

Yes, they feel big, but they are not excessively heavy. They are good reliable guns.

Ken
    Maybe "heavy" is a subjective term...... The P90 vis-a-vis the Glocks I carry is "heavy."...................

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

I keep hearing this, that the Ruger autoloaders are HEAVY. Sorry to burst your bubble, they are NOT heavy. They are alloy guns and the P90 weighs 33 ounces. This compares to 38-42 ounces for a 1911 or an all stainless Sig P220, 54+ ounces for a Super Redhawk. It's even lighter than the 9mm CZ-75B.

Yes, they feel big, but they are not excessively heavy. They are good reliable guns.

Ken
    Thats what I always wondered...guess its relative I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I 2nd this, I have the 3 and 4 inch GP100, the 3 inch is beautifully balanced in my view.

Make that a 3rd vote! Absolutely love the 3inch GP100, best revolver I have ever shot!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

Between the Wife and I we own three Rugers. All three are revolvers that are too big for carry but, they are the primary house defense guns.

Rugers are as reliable as a box of rocks. The only problems I have ever seen with Rugers has always been the fault of bad ammo.
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

I currently own the LCP and LCR with CT...both are super carry guns, and reliable as a stone ax. Hard to beat 'em.

My cousin decided on the Ruger SR9 for $399 with holster and a box of ammo for that price.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Excellent choice!! We need pics and a range report!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

i edc a ruger sp 101 357 mag!!! i love it!!!
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Some good folks here on this Ruger forum

RugerForum.com :: Index

I own a Ruger P89 9mm, and it's a well built firearm. It doesn't any heavier than my Glock 21SF. Ruger is a well known brand name, yet it's less expensive than other brands. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by LM2024 View Post
    I own a Ruger P89 9mm, and it's a well built firearm. It doesn't any heavier than my Glock 21SF. Ruger is a well known brand name, yet it's less expensive than other brands. I don't know why.
    Because they use an "investment casting process" that lowers production costs. Ruger has a large investment casting business that goes beyond firearms production.

Ken

Ken
    Actually, I noticed that the new P95 a friend of mine bought last month was polymer frame and not appreciably heavier than my G19.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

My buddy had a P95 that had a bunch of issues jamming and not accepting different ammo. That put a bad taste in my mouth with Ruger, especially when it comes to a self defense handgun. Also, the NRA magazine American Rifleman had an article in the latest issue about .380's and indicated that he had problems with jamming on the Ruger LCP.

So for me, I'd stay away from it unless it just a range toy. It sounds like other's here have had the opposite experience, but I'll stick with something found heavily with the police forces; and Ruger ain't it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links