Nothing we did not already know but here it is...

This is a discussion on Nothing we did not already know but here it is... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bsnow My friends I think it's on the back burner for now. Do not, any of us drop our guard by any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nothing we did not already know but here it is...

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    My friends I think it's on the back burner for now. Do not, any of us drop our guard by any means!
    Quote Originally Posted by DwnRangeKing View Post
    If he had not gotten bogged down in the health care quagmire he would be be pushing it already.
    Wise words. We must stay ever vigilent to protect our rights. As government control of numerous industries grows, so does their influence to take aspects of our freedoms and rights away.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Can't we keep these kind of threads in the political section where they belong?

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I assume you mean two years for Representatives, and six years for Senators, right?
    You got me, I had the presidency term on the brain while referring to our representatives.

It's like after the last elections and all the new found power went to their heads with pork spending, etc. They went overboard and it will cost them come this November's elections, but those that remain and any new anti-gunners that make it in may forget and try pushing agendas again.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycler View Post
    I was about to comment about some slant in the article but, I went back to quote it and re-read and I can't find it...I think it was revised. Anyone else notice that?
    I didn't notice anything too out there or any sort of revision...

it is a very good article by the typical standards.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post

Exactly why we haven't seen a large push by all of the anti gunners in office yet. They know full well what happened to Klinton's people after he brought about his AWB in the 90's! So at least we know they're smart enough to learn from "recent" history.
    But look out if we don't kick their sorry backsides to the curb this November! The anti gun legislation that will follow will be mind boggling!
    My thoughts and concerns exactly...we HAVE to kick their butts to the curb or lookout they will be "empowered"
    Led By Love Of Country

VIP Member
    I nominate Phantoms for thread prophet. The anti-gun politicians have a leg up on the global stage.
    Today, after years of discussions and debates, the United Nations agreed a timetable to establish a 'strong and robust' Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) with the 'highest common standards' to control international transfers of conventional arms.

There is currently no global regulation of the arms trade. In a major reversal of policy, the US - the world's biggest arms trader - voted in favour of the resolution.
    Rebecca Peters of IANSA wants to finalize the global Arms Trade Treaty in 2012. Lame ducks or not, this is a serious threat to our 2A rights.

No. The UN regulating our firearms industry doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Ape
    Pistology....Even if this attrocity is adapted to the UN, the US has to ratify it in Congress. And if we kick all the anti's out of office this Novemeber it'll never happen. ;-)

Relax.................

NEVER!
    Never doubt the Antis, it is easy to slip something into these mega bills at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainman View Post
    Relax.................NEVER!
    Never doubt the Antis, it is easy to slip something into these mega bills at the last minute.
    That's how the national parks carry got in there and Obama signed it. It's probably not what he wanted, but it got put in at the last minute and was part of a larger bill that he really wanted, so it passed. Just because this good thing came about because of it, doesn't mean bad things (more restrictions, etc.) couldn't be slipped in bills just the same way. We have to pay attention and call out our politicians on anything we don't agree with.

VIP Member
    Finalizing a treaty isn't going to come under cover of darkness. It will come with the don't-give-a-damn lame duck anti's that may have enough votes in 2012. It's one to watch.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Finalizing a treaty isn't going to come under cover of darkness. It will come with the don't-give-a-damn lame duck anti's that may have enough votes in 2012. It's one to watch.
    United States...
    In the US, treaty ratification must be advised and consented to by a two-thirds vote in the Senate. While the United States House of Representatives does not vote on it at all, the requirement for Senate advice and consent to ratification makes it considerably more difficult in the US than in other democracies to rally enough political support for international treaties. In the US, the President usually submits a treaty to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee (SFRC) along with an accompanying resolution of ratification or accession. If the treaty and resolution receive favorable committee consideration (a committee vote in favor of ratification or accession) the treaty is then forwarded to the floor of the full U.S. Senate for such a vote.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The time maybe now to not elect any Democrats or Republicans or even Independents. Start fresh with no party obbilgations
    JBPDXOR
    Cougar 8000 9mm
    S&W 586 4" 357
    Winchester Defender 12g

It's difficult to pass gun restriction laws these days ... when they know all of your opponents are armed .... with the vote. I think it has hit them, ticking off the American people... will cause them to ban together and fight for their rights. Step lightly with the American people, they came from these tenacious ancestors who all left their country and everything they knew, family, friends, etc. They had to have the fortitude to survive and make a new life in harsh conditions and with little to no help. Their ancestors have fought thru many wars , to free other people in other countries and to beat down different dictators and oppression. They are up to the challenge, fighting 2 wars at the same time and winning both.... twice. They are the first to stand up, and the last to sit down. They are an independent bunch of folks, self-reliant, and who believe in helping their neighbor or those in need.

Then, there are the 'progressives' in this world.... who may need re-educated and reminded of that in the voting booths this November.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links