Nothing we did not already know but here it is...

This is a discussion on Nothing we did not already know but here it is... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fearing an Obama Agenda, States Push to Loosen Gun Laws - NYTimes.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing we did not already know but here it is...

Proofread before you post!!! A reminder to me.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Oh just wait... its coming... the man still has 3 years to go

The big ban is going to be in one fell swoop with a UN treaty.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Politicians are very skittish to push anti-gun agendas right now. In the current political climate, it's political suicide in many areas of the country. Even some of the most antigun politicians realize this and have slacked off on pushing this agenda. Those that survive this years round of elections may then start pushing knowing they have 4 yrs.

Ape
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    Politicians are very skittish to push anti-gun agendas right now. In the current political climate, it's political suicide in many areas of the country. Even some of the most antigun politicians realize this and have slacked off on pushing this agenda. Those that survive this years round of elections may then start pushing knowing they have 4 yrs.

Exactly why we haven't seen a large push by all of the anti gunners in office yet. They know full well what happened to Klinton's people after he brought about his AWB in the 90's! So at least we know they're smart enough to learn from "recent" history.
    But look out if we don't kick their sorry backsides to the curb this November! The anti gun legislation that will follow will be mind boggling!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    ...Those that survive this years round of elections may then start pushing knowing they have 4 yrs.
    I assume you mean two years for Representatives, and six years for Senators, right?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

My friends I think it's on the back burner for now. Do not, any of us drop our guard by any means!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    My friends I think it's on the back burner for now. Do not, any of us drop our guard by any means!
    in fact keep pushing for repeals to dumb gun laws and more freedom for OP and CC... we may not get another chance.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

If he had not gotten bogged down in the health care quagmire he would be be pushing it already.
    Molon Labe

This is the type of stuff that is always reserved for a lame duck administration. If Obama gets re-elected then by years #7 and 8 he just wont care what anyone thinks. Thats when politicians push thier radical agendas
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Slightly off topic, but if you look at that article that the TC linked us to, look at the "related article" on the left column. There's a picture of a pistol (Colt 1911?) where the camera is practically looking down the barrel. If you ask me, that's a way to push fear of guns into people's subconscious. Why couldn't it be a picture looking down the sights from the other way? It'd be a lot less scary...

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I think it's a bad habit of gun owners to "calm down" when politicians stop attacking firearms ownership. This is a great time to press our advantage and push for the elimination of many gun control laws that are already on the books, instead of relaxing because we're not currently under direct attack.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

The Supreme Court case coming up this year against the Chicago ban is going to be another small turning point in the battle. If it goes that there is some incoporation than we will have a much clearer picture on how to go from there.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

With more and more evidence becoming harder and harder to ignore supporting the fact that more guns does not equal more crime, in fact it's the opposite, I'm thinking we may be through the worst of if. Record guns sales, many more people getting CWPs, yet crime is at an all time low, it's hard to ignore these facts and maybe some people are finally getting this into their close minded brains.

Not saying we should let our guard down but me thinks we aren't in any real danger any time in the near future.. Maybe I'm just wishfully thinking..
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I am proud of the NY times for writing a fairly well informed and not slanted article. It is a pretty honest report of what has happened (amazing for the news!)

refreshing...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    I am proud of the NY times for writing a fairly well informed and not slanted article. It is a pretty honest report of what has happened (amazing for the news!)

refreshing...
    I was about to comment about some slant in the article but, I went back to quote it and re-read and I can't find it...I think it was revised. Anyone else notice that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links